• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain, Beyond, and Detroit PC ports incoming later this year

tenor.gif

"just my opinion"

Last edited:
Surprising to see these on PC.
I've yet to play Detroit. Maybe it will be sub $10 faster on PC

Because of Quantic Dreams games on PC?

I'd say a Ps4 purchase is still worth it if you can find one for cheap to play stuff like Bloodborne, Horizon, Spiderman and God of War

quantic dream games, that game company games. all within the span of a month

next stop. pretty much every game. at minimum. its gonna be second party exclusives. at that point am not paying 400-500 for a console. and high premium price on console games.and pay for online. no thanks.

GAMETA

Banned
But isn't Bloodborne made from Japan Studio like Gravity Rush series? I doubt it will get even going to get PC release.

As far as I know, Beyond and Detroit are Sony's IPs... but yeah, if not impossible, it's very unlikely that Bloodborne will ever come to PC.

Dacon

Banned
Does anyone give a shit about Beyond Two Souls? The game was mediocre at best, Ellen Page really wasn't the best choice for lead.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
As far as I know, Beyond and Detroit are Sony's IPs... but yeah, if not impossible, it's very unlikely that Bloodborne will ever come to PC.
I would say Demon's Souls has much bigger chance of coming to PC more than Bloodborne does.

Rugabuga

Neo Member
Bloodborne is still mainly a From Software game. While it's not a guarantee, it's just as likely to come to pc as Until Dawn or The Order 1886 considering the recent ports. Wheater it happens or not, is wait and see
The main thing all these games have in common is being higher profile releases that didn't sell 10million+ like uncharted 4, horizon, GOW and Spider man. They also aren't made by first party studios.

sol_bad

Are you fucking serious? I've been playing through a few PS4 exclusives recently. I've played through God of War, Spider-Man, Uncharted Trilogy, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian and currently playing Horizon. I was in the shops recently looking at the Heavy Rain/Beyond compilation and Detroit to see prices.
Seeing this thread I was thinking "Damn, I still don't own them on PS4, I'll just get them on PC instead."
But it's god damn Epic store exclusive?

I said in a previous thread that I would still buy an Epic game if they finally made something that interested me, IE something single player and story focused. ut this right here has for some reason pissed me off.

Bloodborne is still mainly a From Software game. While it's not a guarantee, it's just as likely to come to pc as Until Dawn or The Order 1886 considering the recent ports. Wheater it happens or not, is wait and see
The main thing all these games have in common is being higher profile releases that didn't sell 10million+ like uncharted 4, horizon, GOW and Spider man. They also aren't made by first party studios.

It's a mainly a Sony's game, not From's. I posted on previous page what are the reasons.

Shmunter

I’m questioning Sony’s thought process yet again, they would have signed off on this. These games define the PlayStation, and they have just eroded one of the reasons to own it.

But good for more people having access to these unique experiences.

Xmengrey

So it's timed Epic Game Store exclusivity good.
I wonder if the same thing will happen to Death Stranding as it was stated that it was happening before.

I’m questioning Sony’s thought process yet again, they would have signed off on this. These games define the PlayStation, and they have just eroded one of the reasons to own it.

But good for more people having access to these unique experiences.
They are all one offs. That aren’t system sellers. If I was Sony I would license out many franchises I don’t touch from PS3. Since ports of PS3 games can only help them. Doesn’t hurt that epic is throwing money everywhere right now.

Last edited:

ksdixon

You know... i say that exclusives sell the system. But it seems like Sony is losing the exclusitivity of it's heavy hitters. PS4's Until Dawn turns into multiplatform's Man of Medan. Quantic Dream's games go PS-PC etc. Starting to get a bit worried over here, to be honest.

Vlaphor

Brace yourselves, nude mods are coming!

Gonna see Shelby in all of his glory! Then the doctor, hell yeah.

Neat little tidbit about the doctor, he also plays Lance from the Megarace games.

Anyway, I expect naked Madison from day one, especially since she already has a nude model

Death Stranding and hopefully Spider-Man everyone?

probably eventually you will start seeing every game they put out on PC at minimum you will see these non-world wide studio games on PC.

but even then. thats enough to not invest in a trash platform that does not support console gaming by creating a worthwhile lineup of exclusives and making you pay more for games and pay for online gaming.

Last edited:

Fluzer

Banned
Good job on Sony, they know they need money so they're putting their games on every platform. Take notes from big boys (Microsoft and Google), good.

Xmengrey

probably eventually you will start seeing every game they put out on PC at minimum you will see these non-world wide studio games on PC.

but even then. thats enough to not invest in a trash platform that does not support console gaming by creating a worthwhile lineup of exclusives and making you pay more for games and pay for online gaming.
Sony definitely doesn't own the Spidey IP they might not even own Death Stranding
https://gamerant.com/kojima-new-game-pc-release/
https://www.pcgamesinsider.biz/news...-pc-looks-more-likely-as-kojima-visits-valve/
But it likely will come to PC

Sony definitely doesn't own the Spidey IP they might not even own Death Stranding
https://gamerant.com/kojima-new-game-pc-release/
https://www.pcgamesinsider.biz/news...-pc-looks-more-likely-as-kojima-visits-valve/
But it likely will come to PC

they own death stranding. not spidey but they have publishing rights. they do own movie rights tho

anyway. they own death stranding you can look it up on trademarks

but what does that even mean. they own the ips to quantic dreams games and journey and flower and they are on pc now

Kagey K

Banned
they own death stranding. not spidey but they have publishing rights. they do own movie rights tho

anyway. they own death stranding you can look it up on trademarks

but what does that even mean. they own the ips to quantic dreams games and journey and flower and they are on pc now
There was a lot of talk when Death Stranding was announced that it was coming to PC.

Like this.
https://www.pcgamer.com/kojima-productions-opens-its-doors/

Update: A Kojima Productions Q&A posted by PlayStation's EU Community Manager has confirmed that Kojima's new project will be coming to PC, but only after a stint on PS4. The length of the exclusivity period was not coughed up.

But that Q&A has since been deleted, with many thinking it’s because they didn’t want to suck the wind out of Sony’s sails.

Last edited:
There was a lot of talk when Death Stranding was announced that it was coming to PC.

Like this.
https://www.pcgamer.com/kojima-productions-opens-its-doors/

But that Q&A has since been deleted, with many thinking it’s because they didn’t want to suck the wind out of Sony’s sails.

sony is starting to put games on pc. but they dont want that they are doing it. for obvious reasons

jouney, flouwer, heavy rain, beyond two souls, detroit. one of these was literally an AAA game for ps4 last year. few months ago

they dont want to say that they are doing it. but they want to do it obviously. do you see any posts on sie.com. or any playstation site about them? no. but they are owned by sony. Quantic dream has no reason to put these games on pc. neither does thatgamecompany. or have any power sony is doing so

"only on playstation" is a silly logo to trick casuals to think this is where they can only get the game at this point

Last edited:

kevin_trinh

Quantic Dream does not have the right to put those 3 games on PC, its Sony decision. Guess what? Epic pay Sony for it to happen, not QD.

Yes, i know. I mean the grunt of the development is by Fromjust like with QD games. It's no the same as a first party studio team like ND or SSM

QD was never a first party studio, though. They were on contract. All games were developed by them 100% for Sony without any influence from other developer, Bloodborne game is developed by From with heavy Sony Japan Studio co-operation. You can see that in end credits.

A quote from CEO of Quantic -

'Fondaumière also said they chose the Epic Games Store for two reasons, the first being the larger share of the revenue, and the second is that as the store is curated which means the games will get more exposure. '

No mention of the mythical Moneyhat?

Keihart

This is weiiiiiird, i wonder if Sony PR is ever going to address this. It's been like a decade since a QD game has touched anywhere out of PS.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Three of Quantic Dream’s most acclaimed titles, HEAVY RAIN, BEYOND: TWO SOULS and DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN are coming to PC for the first time ever, exclusively on the Epic Games Store.

Try a free demo of each game, available this summer, starting with HEAVY RAIN on May 24, and experience the unique nature of Quantic Dream games before you buy. Heavy Rain: the demo is available on May 24, 2019 Beyond: Two Souls: the demo is available on June 27, 2019. Detroit: Become Human: the demo is available later this summer. Heavy Rain: the full game is available on June 24, 2019 Beyond: Two Souls: the full game is available on July 27, 2019 Detroit: Become Human: the full game will be available this fall.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Obviously next step is Killzone 2 remake on decima engine for PC.

I remember a time PC guys used to scoff at console FPS, they had so many unique and great FPS there, now I see they can't wait to have console exclusives on PC, FPS included.....I saw lots of yes.gifs for the MCC coming to PC as well.....Strange turn of events if you ask me....

Xmengrey

I remember a time PC guys used to scoff at console FPS, they had so many unique and great FPS there, now I see they can't wait to have console exclusives on PC, FPS included.....I saw lots of yes.gifs for the MCC coming to PC as well.....Strange turn of events if you ask me....

Not really PC Gamers like any FPS they just didn't like being restricted to the hardware it was on and the limitations that came with.
Yes PCs had many FPS games but more games never hurt it gives the already superior platform more in the library so people can feel free to jump over.

mrMUR_96

I was about to pick Detroit up the other day. I rather play it on PC but it's a tough choice because I'd have to wait for over a year (not jumping into the Epic Store just yet).

If they'd be compatible with Oculus it would make the choice easier...
Detroit looks and runs great on the ps4/pro. Definitely worth picking up for that if you're interested. Gonna be a long wait until it's on steam.

Top Bottom