• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heist [Mafia] |OT| Snakes on a Train

I knew this would happen the second I posted it, but I don't really care. I called you Sherlock Holmes in the Werewolf Spectator thread because you figured out a lot of stuff with semi-limited information. If you are town, you aren't someone I'm concerned about holding town back.

I'm not even saying you are town or that I trust you. Only that I trust you to not be dumb if you actually are town.

careful cornie

that game is still underway

in flames, but still.... underway

translation: please refrain from referencing other on-going games. ty, thieves.

cabot

okay now I want to open up the floor to everybody else to give who their first 4 lynches would be on.

1. redhood
2. Flush
3. squidy
4. CrimsonFist

1. Don't like his reaction to what you said, don't like how he considers me 'obvious mafia', don't really feel like he understands how D1 works and also the value of the vote.

2. Belittling my only ability is pretty amusing, along with the classic 'I'll zone out and let others do the work while I pick this up later'. The work in this non PR game is discussion. Using my vote to bring forward discussion is pro-town. I don't like what he's just done.

3. I feel like you're doing the usual, which is being aggressive, forward, and baiting people for reactions in order to form reads on them. Still though, you want to lynch me and you haven't actually given a reason why, so you're here in the list.

4. Crimson had me completely in Woof 2 as town, and for that reason I'm being quite weary of him just now, in case he pulls the wool over my eyes again.

redhood56

Banned
I'll take this L. I just don't like voting early, but I see all of your points and it makes sense. Also flush has my attention because were weren't insulting each other(If i did I am sorry, I didn't mean to attack anyone)

Vote: Royal_Flush

I feel these "next 4 lynch" lists could easily be co-opted by scum to help them make a "next night target" list.

I'm not going to hide my feelings on who I want to lynch, but I'm not going to just put them in a nice convenient list. Not yet anyway.

I'll take this L. I just don't like voting early, but I see all of your points and it makes sense. Also flush has my attention because were weren't insulting each other(If i did I am sorry, I didn't mean to attack anyone)

Vote: Royal_Flush

That's...

interesting. Indeed I placed a vote on Royal. But I'm going to need you to significantly expand your reasoning for placing one. Are you simply copying me, or do you have some unique thoughts?

Burbeting

Banned
I feel these "next 4 lynch" lists could easily be co-opted by scum to help them make a "next night target" list.

I'm not going to hide my feelings on who I want to lynch, but I'm not going to just put them in a nice convenient list. Not yet anyway.

Next night target list? It's not like the scum is going to hunt for PR's, and this is "list of people who you would have checked, if you were a cop".

(I have seen that idea used once... and obviously the scum figured out the cop by next night).

redhood56

Banned
That's...

interesting. Indeed I placed a vote on Royal. But I'm going to need you to significantly expand your reasoning for placing one. Are you simply copying me, or do you have some unique thoughts?
First of all my of pc just crashed so I'm going mobile for 10 minutes. And I was worried that I was giving that impression, I wasn't trying to copy you. Flush's post came off as not wanting to be involved in early game talk. That's why. this is feeling very similar to Star Wars, oh well.

Next night target list? It's not like the scum is going to hunt for PR's, and this is "list of people who you would have checked, if you were a cop".

(I have seen that idea used once... and obviously the scum figured out the cop by next night).

It isn't about scum using the lists to hunt PR.

Unless the scum team has reason to fear someone, they can get safer kills by targeting people nobody is suspicious of.

Top 4 lists does seem like a bit of a waste of time especially when it's essentially RNG at this point. I get that it's getting people to say something, but I can't really see us getting anything from them, and scum can basically put whoever they like on them without any real consequence. especially looking at reasons some other people have given.

squidyj

it amounts to basically scum reads or are you saying you would be unwilling to compile a list of those?

Burbeting

Banned
At any case, I want squidjy to post his version asap. As if he doesn't, it looks really odd for him to ask everyone to do it, yet then not do it himself.

And yeah CB, good point.

FluxWaveZ

Unless the scum team has reason to fear someone, they can get safer kills by targeting people nobody is suspicious of.

Part of why participation is a necessity here. If it's not about Traitors staying under the radar, it's about inactive Crew getting killed and us learning pretty much nothing from it.

Karu

Well at the start past performance is all we have to go on. Once this day gets rolling then I think posts in this thread become the largest contributor to determining worth as a town player. Barring a major slip up early and absent votes to analysis, perceived worth as a town player will be my guiding factor for who to vote for.
Sure and I said as much in regards to first impressions, but not everybody played with everybody and so on, so others could me tales as long as my ass and I wouldn't be able to verify it. It seems like an avenue easy to manipulate. But well... that's maybe a matter of a later day. Jut sayin =)

Who I would lynch the next four days?

Fake edit: Had a list written up but will keep it close for the time being as Corn & Kawl made some good points. But a lways ready to pull it up, so there's that.

cabot

You might not get anything from early reads, but you will definitely get nothing from saying nothing at all.

This is a game of reads, they're gonna come thick and fast, best start early.

Karu

Part of why participation is a necessity here. If it's not about Traitors staying under the radar, it's about inactive Crew getting killed and us learning pretty much nothing from it.
Especially on Day One we have to get as much mileage as we can possibly can and scum killing one of a dozen won't suddenly trap us, or make us any more confused as we were before anyway. Mhm.

I have to admit, I'm not overly happy about redhood's posts. His constant emphasis on him being town strikes me as a bit of a red flag.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, if we're posting early reads, the one person that actually stands out to me right now is redhood56.

• Unprovoked claims of being town. Their very first post is outright claiming they're town:
    Welcome everyone! Now before you think anything crazy... I'm innocent. Actually I'm glad I'm not bad because of the shorter times for night periods.
    Thank you, I am a townie!
This is why I just asked them the "stupid" question: Are you town? Their response was, "Yeah, are you?" A deflection. I don't see the point in claiming any one of us are town, especially not in this game. There are no power roles, no neutrals... what the hell else would anyone say? It's unnecessary, and the repetition is suspicious.

• Defensive reaction disguised as silliness to a single vote.
Oh no am I going to almost be voted out in the first day? Quick Traube save me!
This doesn't mean much, but it's another unnecessary response when no one else was freaking out at themselves being voted on yet.

squidyj

wat?

Are my reads way worse than usual? He is top town for be right now.

maybe you should review exactly the things he says and when he says them and evaluate their utility on that front rather than a general idea of "he is saying things that I generally agree with"

redhood56

Banned
Yeah, if we're posting early reads, the one person that actually stands out to me right now is redhood56.

• Unprovoked claims of being town. Their very first post is outright claiming they're town:

This is why I just asked them the "stupid" question: Are you town? Their response was, "Yeah, are you?" A deflection. I don't see the point in claiming any one of us are town, especially not in this game. There are no power roles, no neutrals... what the hell else would anyone say? It's unnecessary, and the repetition is suspicious.

• Defensive reaction disguised as silliness to a single vote.

This doesn't mean much, but it's another unnecessary response when no one else was freaking out at themselves being voted on yet.
While I completely understand your suspicion of me, i knew immediately after I posted the are you in was a dumb move that looked bad. And the people saying that I was loyal to squidy since he called me town also looks bad on me, but i am not loyal to anyone right now. And about the traube post, it was just a silly joke. But I am a townie.

Karu

maybe you should review exactly the things he says and when he says them and evaluate their utility on that front rather than a general idea of "he is saying things that I generally agree with"
I put Burbeting on my fourth spot...

4. Burbeting - The wild card in that he already argues town-ie and talks from a seemingly cool and know-it-all perspective. Fourth spot because on paper that are all good qualities to have, but if no scum died til day 4 he will be my go-to.

... so I have him in sight. But since we won't have players being town "for sure" etc. and we could get anybody at any day without much severe risk (opposed to any other day) (role loss etc.) I wouldn't advise to target him Day One. That - obviously - necessitates that everybody keeps their head straight going forward which is easier said than done, heh.

Mazre

I'll assume Ouro and Splintz are inactivty/quietness related (correct me if I'm wrong)

What tickles you about Flux?

The vote started out as a lark, he was the first person to post at the start of the day. His reaction of self vote was certainly curious. The content of his post I don't objectively disagree with but it seems a little odd to lead with to me. It's probably nothing but it's also strange that he capitalized "Traitors" in his first post. Ynnny does mention them but the way Flux puts it is like a proper name to our scum group.

cabot

The vote started out as a lark, he was the first person to post at the start of the day. His reaction of self vote was certainly curious. The content of his post I don't objectively disagree with but it seems a little odd to lead with to me. It's probably nothing but it's also strange that he capitalized "Traitors" in his first post. Ynnny does mention them but the way Flux puts it is like a proper name to our scum group.

Thanks. I disagree with the capitalized Traitors, since the win condition specifically calls out Traitors, it's not a big stretch to assume that's what they're called in a game that will most likely have no neutrals.

ninja edit didnt see your response

Sure and I said as much in regards to first impressions, but not everybody played with everybody and so on, so others could me tales as long as my ass and I wouldn't be able to verify it. It seems like an avenue easy to manipulate. But well... that's maybe a matter of a later day. Jut sayin =)

Who I would lynch the next four days?

Fake edit: Had a list written up but will keep it close for the time being as Corn & Kawl made some good points. But a lways ready to pull it up, so there's that.

I'll make a note and say I don't think it is a problem if some people post read lists. I just feel it should be a minority of people.

Ourobolus

Banned
Given that it's only been 2.5 hours since D1 started, there's not a hell of a lot to go off of. That's not to say that the posts so far won't be useful in the future, so much that it's not necessarily much to make a snap decision about yet.

I see that people are posting reads lists, which, ok, go for it. I'm going to hold off until we get closer to the end of D1 so I can put together all of my thoughts on each player in one post. For now, just some quick thoughts:

Splinter is usually pretty active but has been quiet, but as I myself had something in real life(tm) to attend to, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Corn has said some strange things, but he's done that both as town and scum before, so I'm not leaning either way just yet.

Squidy, Burb, and Mazre are acting as I expected so far.

Cabot voted for me, and I'd expect nothing less from someone who regularly threatens me in Steam chat. <3

A few of the players here I've not played with (karu, Kawl, etc.), so I'll have to see what they are capable of for now.

Top Bottom