• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 will feature “location accurate” poop from birds

octiny

Banned
Can you fling the poop to blind the enemy?

jesse-wiser-wiser-living.gif

poodaddy

3sUB0R8.jpg

I can see it being a real thing
What is it with skinny fat, saggy, muscle-less, all black wearing, frumpy, goofy haired, skate boarding English dudes huh? Just something about em.....makes ya wanna hit em. Hit em with the powerful balled up fist of an American Eagle juiced up on bull hormones and Dbol with matching American Flag tattoos on each deltoid just like the Japanese made American hero, Guile.

Kimahri

Banned
What is it with skinny fat, saggy, muscle-less, all black wearing, frumpy, goofy haired, skate boarding English dudes huh? Just something about em.....makes ya wanna hit em. Hit em with the powerful balled up fist of an American Eagle juiced up on bull hormones and Dbol with matching American Flag tattoos on each deltoid just like the Japanese made American hero, Guile.

There ain't much I find more pitiful than people getting worked up by the way other people dress.

poodaddy

There ain't much I find more pitiful than people getting worked up by the way other people dress.
What's your take on silly jokes? That fire ya up pretty good too?

You a frumpy English fella? It's ok brother, the world needs Skinny Puppy fan clubs and someone's gotta run em.

Chill dude lol.

Kimahri

Banned
What's your take on silly jokes? That fire ya up pretty good too?

You a frumpy English fella? It's ok brother, the world needs Skinny Puppy fan clubs and someone's gotta run em.

Chill dude lol.

Lol, you're the one getting worked up here.

Nice try though.

sinnergy

Love it , the devil is in the details .. some one must have had fun coming up with this shit 🤣 very important to have fun while working .

pasterpl

You mean this by the typical American

R.2c6371dca741bef1526dfd2bd6583f9e

/s

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I'm going to assume NT is trolling with that tweet because what dumbass studio would spend time and resources on bird shit.

With modern day studios focusing on minute details like 10,000 hair strands and puddle reflections, you never know what inane aspect of gaming they'll focus on
This is always the kind of thing people are doing in their spare time after hours.

People here forget that most people making games would go home after work and continue to fuck about making weird creative stuff in game engines.
Maybe the idea was finished and implemented in office hours, but a poc was done by one guy, gaurantee it.
I think game devs' marketing departments learned from Red Dead Redemption 2's "the horses have weather-accurate testicle constriction" generating word-of-mouth. The implication is that if they put this level of detail into something insignificant (bird poop trajectory), then all bases are covered. However, addition of bird poop modeling does not accurately reflect the level of detail in the rest of the game if it was added simply to be a marketing blurb. Seems manipulative.

No. This is a complete lack of focus and a waste of everyone's time and their own resources.

Plus, whenever companies brag about being this anal about one aspect does not mean they've already taken care of everything more important. It usually means the opposite.
*being this cloacal

Last edited:

Portugeezer

It's funny how people constantly whine and crave better graohics, but when devs actually do this, by paying attention to details, it's a waste of time and nobody cares?

Imagine if this was for a movie? Do you think the set dressers would consider location accurate bird poop important or not?
These are interesting details which are cool for gaming enthusiasts to talk about, but such a small detail is a waste because it's a detail in which no one will notice the difference (maybe a bird poop expert).

They could literally tell gamers it's location accurate and end up putting UE5 generic bird poop 1.20 and nobody would know.

Kimahri

Banned
These are interesting details which are cool for gaming enthusiasts to talk about, but such a small detail is a waste because it's a detail in which no one will notice the difference (maybe a bird poop expert).

They could literally tell gamers it's location accurate and end up putting UE5 generic bird poop 1.20 and nobody would know.
Oh no, they're trying to make it authentic. Oh no!

Lady Jane

Banned
I'm going to assume NT is trolling with that tweet because what dumbass studio would spend time and resources on bird shit.

With modern day studios focusing on minute details like 10,000 hair strands and puddle reflections, you never know what inane aspect of gaming they'll focus on.

I believe it. My husband is a programmer and he one time stayed up all night just to see if he could "automate" something. His company didn't ask him to do this. His supervisor simply said it couldn't be done. It was to protect his ego that no one cared about. I bet that this "bird poop AI" was made by a guy who was told that it couldn't be done by a coworker. I guarantee it.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
I believe it. My husband is a programmer and he one time stayed up all night just to see if he could "automate" something. His company didn't ask him to do this. His supervisor simply said it couldn't be done. It was to protect his ego that no one cared about. I bet that this "bird poop AI" was made by a guy who was told that it couldn't be done by a coworker. I guarantee it.
Did he say it was to protect his ego, or is this just your assumption?

That drive to see what's can be done is something I'm intimately familiar with, but it has nothing at all to do with ego.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I'd rather they start showing how they've improved the gameplay, or what they plan on doing to improve the gameplay from the prior game.

Accurate bird poo locations means absolutely nothing to me & I can imagine most won't notice or care.
Jesus.. Some of you people's energy is so invasively depressive I feel like I need to soak my brain in acid to get rid of the contamination.

This is not scripted or programmed for days. It's just a texture in UE5 that you "paint" with, it's shown right there in the video, that's how long it takes. It's no different than grabbing a photogrammetry moss texture and paint it on some rocks. The "deep involvement to attention to poop detail" was a tongue in cheek joke from NT, lighten up.

Last edited:

poodaddy

You mean this by the typical American

R.2c6371dca741bef1526dfd2bd6583f9e

/s
Should have been one of those disgusting Wal Mart families, you know the ones. Each of em are 300 plus pounds, the mom's on a buggie with 7 cases of Diet Coke in the front and the wholesale Cheetohs tubs right next to the Diet Coke.

Murrika.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Jesus.. Some of you people's energy is so invasively depressive I feel like I need to soak my brain in acid to get rid of the contamination.

This is not scripted or programmed for days. It's just a texture in UE5 that you "paint" with, it's shown right there in the video, that's how long it takes. It's no different than grabbing a photogrammetry moss texture and paint it on some rocks. The "deep involvement to attention to poop detail" was a tongue in cheek joke from NT, lighten up.
Just the typical salty Sony trolls in every Xbox thread. Report them and try to keep the topic on track. It's the best we can do.

poodaddy

Just the typical salty Sony trolls in every Xbox thread. Report them and try to keep the topic on track. It's the best we can do.
Bro you and some other people in this thread are taking our jokes way too seriously. I'm sure as shit no Sony fan, much prefer Microsoft to Sony by about ten times, love my Series X and I'm stoked for this game; a lot of us just saw a light hearted poop joke by the team and we're having fun because.... poop's funny man. Nothing more than that.

For what it's worth I absolutely agree that there's tons of Sony trolls on this forum, and they generally end up on my ignore list, but what you guys are seeing in this thread ain't that.

Long story short, and please read this in a Jack Nicholson voice, "Can't we all just.....get along? And maybe laugh at poop together too?"

Pretty sure that's how the line from the movie went.

Top Bottom