• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 is only 25GB on the PlayStation 5

Draugoth

Gold Member
- ๐ƒ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง๐ฅ๐จ๐š๐ ๐’๐ข๐ณ๐ž : 24.951 GB- ๐•๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง : 1.000.001- ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ ๐—˜๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ($๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿต.๐Ÿต๐Ÿต):pre-Load : Available Now!Release : Feb 08 - 9 AM UTC

Comparassion with the PC version:

7itT5Ap.png

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Kinda looks 25Gb? Mate you've no idea what you're talking about.
Oh jesus christ are you really wanting to die on this hill of "Helldivers 2 delivers graphical fidelity at the top of this generation"

It looks like it's file size, you can see the jank in the trailers. It's not a AAA game, and it certainly looks like it and its not priced as one.

The PC Filesize will be because they have a special set of higher res textures for us PC users, and it will still look jank.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Makes me a little iffy on environmental and enemy variety. So far what they've shown looks fun.

PC can go on a diet.
I will be suprised if they go for predesinged missions, suspect a seed system similair to DRG, where levels have some set pieces but other wise randomly generated based on biome and objective, can really save on filesize that way.

I will be suprised if they go for predesinged missions, suspect a seed system similair to DRG, where levels have some set pieces but other wise randomly generated based on biome and objective, can really save on filesize that way.
Which could be fine so long as they can avoid a generic random look and feel to it.

Both my M.2 slots filled on my new PC are filled. a 1TB and a 2TB, Both are 7Gps.
The PS4PRO will eventually inherit that 1TB and I'll upgrade the PC with a 4TB or larger assuming prices ever come down in the future.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Which could be fine so long as they can avoid a generic random look and feel to it.
I mean it kinda needs to look like Helldivers, which is Starship troopers with capes. That's it's asthetic, I will admit I'm not a fan of the new robot faction, it feels... generic.

At the moment they have the basic ice world, desert world, 'constantly rains and looks like Wales world'. Maybe they could add a new planet which is a bioluminecent jungle where we shoot blue smurf monkeys, iv been gunning for that since Ubisoft made an avatar game where I couldn't play as the humans.

Last edited:
I mean it kinda looks 25GB... I plan to try it since its so cheap and I enjoyed the first game, but lol at 100GB on PC.
wow...the game must be one of the best looking games ever on PC since it's over 100GB on there. Holy shit the upgrade must be something ๐Ÿซข

Remember when Days Gone's PS4 size went from 60GB to 30GB after an update and looked twice as bad suddenly?

Oh wait...that never happened. It looked exactly the same.

Mephisto40

My guess is the file size is so big on PC is that they have to take into consideration users with a standard hard disk instead of an SSD, which would mean more assets need to be stored uncompressed locally on the drive rather than being uncompressed as needed off the PlayStations ssd

STARSBarry

Gold Member
wow...the game must be one of the best looking games ever on PC since it's over 100GB on there. Holy shit the upgrade must be something ๐Ÿซข

Remember when Days Gone's PS4 size went from 60GB to 30GB after an update and looked twice as bad suddenly?

Oh wait...that never happened. It looked exactly the same.

I know your being facetious but thats not how texture quality or optimisation works. This game is for the PS5, they know what they need to give to the playstation because all PS5's are going to have the same speeds drives and memory.

PC on the other hand will have weaker hardware and it will have more powerful hardware and while there are better ways to do this, one of the most basic is to dump several versions of the same texture, some better, some worse but they will all take up more space especially the larger ones. I could be wrong, they could also be dumping every single voiced language all at once on PC and only giving the person's native language + English on PS5. But having a set spec really helps with this, its been a known advantage for ages.

This game looks fun i pre ordered, only question, is there pvp? Or is it online co play vs bots?
Online coop only, no PVP and no bots from what I've heard. Matchmaking is there though and you can solo (not sure how achievable some of the more difficult missions will be though).

Looks a ton of fun, but the whole live service thing with MTX is a fucking pain in the ass.

Top Bottom