• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HELLDIVERS 2 launches to Mixed reviews on Steam (Up: now 'Mostly Positive')

Crashes, poor matchmaking, kernal Level Anti-Cheat (nProtect Gameguard), freezing and poor controls seem to be the biggest issues.

Reviews here

ziefjJe.png

Last edited:
no link to the reviews?

One of the negative reviews:
Avoid Because of Kernal Level Anti-Cheat (nProtect Gameguard)

The truth is, this game's anti-cheat, Nprotect Gameguard, is the cheapest and most unsafe rootkit anti-cheat on the market.

Since it's kernal level the anti-cheat has kernal access to your PC, meaning it can go through all your files and control hardware. Some reported that even after uninstalling their games, people still can't get rid of the anti-cheat as it lurks in your PC.

Here's a list of awful Free 2 Play games that Helldivers 2 has the honor of sharing an anti-cheat with: {LINK REMOVED}

The decision behind using this anti-cheat is because, the developers don't want cheaters to steal microtransactions like they did in the first game. Which is absolutely fair, but they have chosen the wrong anti-cheat.

It doesn't even make sense for a PVE Game to have such a strong rootkit anti-cheat that gives it access to your entire PC.

To protect their profits, the developers have chosen an anti-cheat that put players at risk.

Many people have been turned away from this game, due to their decision.

I hope the developers read this and consider using one of the popular anti-cheats like EAC, at least that anti-cheat has a good reputation unlike nProtect Gameguard.

Last edited:

DryvBy

Seems like most of the complains are crashing and the anti cheat stuff. One guy posted stats with AMD, I wonder if it's an AMD bug for their video cards.

Glad I didn’t preorder. Will buy on the cheap for PC once they have ironed out all these issues. Wasn’t aware it launches with a battle pass. Hope the monetization is ok. I guess if the core gameplay is good it won’t really matter.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont play PC games that are high end or competitive, so they probably dont even have anti-cheat programs in them. But for me, as long as these features DRM, anti-cheat etc... are done in good faith to prevent cheaters and piracy I'm all for it.

What I dont support is when you hear about Deneuvo or whatever always being on and being a system hog where gamers say the performance tanks or the game has microstutters due to those kinds of back end programs always running.

Pop

Typical Steam launch for a multiplayer title. Launch problems and the players go and whine

StueyDuck

a multiplayer game, with day 1 server issues??? surely that has never happened before?

played a couple rounds with friends and its awesome, runs great, didn't have any crashes. like all multiplayer games the servers will be worked on and fixed asap.

i guess none of that fits into the grrrr helldivers 2 is meany doo doo that gaf has had up to launch.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Here's a thought, maybe the game shouldn't launch with problems?

QA exists for a reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't certain purchasable items offering gameplay advantages?

If you mean like 10$ for mk2 pistol, does 30% more damage than base mk1 pistol I don’t know if they exist. All I heard is about the battle pass.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Here's a screen shot from my cousin.

9942Qiq.jpg

So if your wondering why it's mixed, this is why.

53% seems generous.

OP: Not a single post or concern about Helldivers 2 prior to launch.
Also OP: First negative thread about Helldivers 2 at launch

Yep.....no ill intent or bad faith there.

Eyeroll Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Certain "people" want Sony to have a Redfall moment real bad.....lol.
OP dropped this turd of a thread and bounced....lol

c527a7_977a344802e14c0a8f2e0b19f7f121cd~mv2.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom