• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello Games Sean Murray will be on the Late Show with Colbert next week demoing NMS

As you can see from this schedule, He'll be on next Friday October the 3rd.
PewDiePie will also be on the preceding Thursday.

Mo 9/28: Michelle Obama, Mindy Kaling, John Legend

Tu 9/29: Ellen Page, Jesse Eisenberg, Dominic Wilcox

We 9/30: John Oliver, Elizabeth Gilbert, Bill Withers, Ed Sheeran

Th 10/1: Claire Danes, Evan Spiegel, PewDiePie

Fr 10/2: Morgan Freeman, Ruth Wilson, Sean Murray

More detailed info
Thursday, Oct. 1 Actress Claire Danes; Founder of Snapchat Evan Spiegel; interview with and demonstration by Youtube Comedian PewDiePie (n)

Friday, Oct. 2 Actor Morgan Freeman, executive producer of the CBS drama series "Madam Secretary"; Actress Ruth Wilson; interview with and demonstration by Hello Games founder Sean Murray (n)

Source - http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/...ERT-on-CBS-Week-of-September-28-2015-20150921

8pTSVjV.gif

Jesus, and he's interviewing PewDiePie as well? Colbert's bookers are just throwing ideas at a wall to see what sticks, and it's producing some inspired shit.

Curious how that game plays in a 10 minute spot for the national stage. Explaining the premise and technology alone takes some time, and it's very easy to miss the point when you just see footage. It's very easy to just see it as another videogame, and not comprehend the procedurally generated nature of it all.

It's really gotta be if he's showing up on a major late night show.
Quick reminder that Sony also demoed Morpheus on Fallon awhile back, and that's no closer to being out.

That said, I imagine we get a release date at this interview. Or at least a vague 'coming early next year'.

Nice, Colbert's been knocking it out of the park so far, and his interviews have been really insightful. This should be a good fit for Sean Murray.

muteki

Please don't get bumped, please don't get bumped, please don't get bumped.

Colbert crazy with the schedule. I thought Late Night video game discussion was relegated to Fallon these days.

Fat4all

Banned
Jesus, and he's interviewing PewDiePie as well? Colbert's bookers are just throwing ideas at a wall to see what sticks, and it's producing some inspired shit.

Curious how that game plays in a 10 minute spot for the national stage. Explaining the premise and technology alone takes some time, and it's very easy to miss the point when you just see footage. It's very easy to just see it as another videogame, and not comprehend the procedurally generated nature of it all.

What it took me to understand the game was the first demo, when it zoomed out then went plaid across the galaxy.

What it took me to understand the game was the first demo, when it zoomed out then went plaid across the galaxy.
I imagine that bit will be a part of this demo. But explaining to an enthusiast audience and explaining to the mass audience are different beasts.

They should project the game onto the video wall behind Colbert, so he can host the show from a crazy alien landscape.

Great exposure for Hello Games and No Man's Sky.

I've always wondered how these gigs are booked. Did Sony get them there, one of the show's producers who plays games, or does Colbert himself actually play games and wanted them to come on?

If you follow Murray on Twitter then you know he is partial to the not so cryptic cryptic tweet here and there. I came across this tweet weeks ago.

NAG72dv.jpg

Is it possible this might well be the release date announcement?

Dredd97

Think Sean is in NY on Friday at the New York Expo apparently giving a 45 min presentation and demoing NMS

CobraTV mentioned it in his last video...so we may well be getting a release date....

edit : same say he's on the Colbert show which is the 2nd Oct (or it could be the 3rd..) my poor memory 😕

They must be close to announcing a release date if he's going on a prime time chat show to demonstrate it, right? There would be no point in showing it now and getting a bit of attention in the public eye if the game's not coming out for five months.

Great exposure for Hello Games and No Man's Sky.

I've always wondered how these gigs are booked. Did Sony get them there, one of the show's producers who plays games, or does Colbert himself actually play games and wanted them to come on?
I imagine the show's booking agent is interested in getting some gaming personalities on the show (as mentioned, it's worked for Fallon & Conan) - and pursued some rising talent with 'hype'. Same reason PewDiePie is getting a slot - proven success.

labx

Banned
So is it getting closer to release.

No man, its getting far....2016. Physical release, CE edition the whole enchilada

Never seen a game previewed so many times before

Like media overload to the point where I am sick of hearing about it

AND I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME... nobody thinks that MAYBE the game will bomb? I mean is a plausible scenario.

I imagine the show's booking agent is interested in getting some gaming personalities on the show (as mentioned, it's worked for Fallon & Conan) - and pursued some rising talent with 'hype'. Same reason PewDiePie is getting a slot - proven success.
Ahh cool, that makes sense. Thanks!

The spread of this game is quite something. I've had proper non gamers ask me about this game. So, I've dutifully told them what I know and how it works. This is only going to spread it more.

One thing does concern me, I think myself and many others will certainly enjoy what this game has to offer, but I can't help thinking that so many people are going to pick this up and WTF. They may not get the open structure, not see the clever stuff going on behind the scenes in the game and just be lost and bored in it. Can Hello Games avoid this?

Top Bottom