• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello Hero |OT| Hello, Is It Me You're Looking For?

Pbae

So I searched for an OT for Hello Hero but didn't find one and I thought it be nice to have one since I've been enjoying it immensely.

tier01.jpg

Welcome to the Hello Hero OT. Quote this post to obtain access to the GAF Friends List.

What is Hello Hero? - Hello Hero is a Korean RPG playable on IOS and Android devices developed by Fincon. It's fast paced and similar to other games like Brave Frontier and Destiny of Spirits but with noticeable differences such as no elemental weakness table, and a much more forgiving experience for non-IAP (In App Purchase) players.

Screenshots

screenshot04.jpg

screenshot02.jpg

screenshot03.jpg

The Basics

-When you initially start the game, you will be given three heroes to start you off. Harold (Tanker), Ophelia (Healer), Aaron Bridgnorth (Dealer). It is important that you DO NOT fuse these three starters away as you want to initially MASTER them. This will net you a very good 3* healer unit that will take you far.

-Mastering is an integral part of this game. Mastering is to fully level a given hero. This will give you 5 Carats (in game currency) and also 5 Honor Points. You essentially want to master every monster you catch to line your coffers without resorting to spending real money.

-This game has a classes for each of the heroes you encounter.

Dealer - This is DPS unit; soft and squishy but capable of generating a lot of damage for your team.

Tanker - Like the name implies this will be your meat shield. Capable of taking a lot of punishment but not so good at dishing it out.

Healers - They buff and heal your party and are essential to a well balanced team.

Hybrids - A jack of all trades. Their stats are an amalgamation of the three classes above.

-Your party can be comprised of 5 heroes. You should aim to always have 5 heroes in your party as this game does not divvy up from an XP pool. The party layout will be two front row heroes and three back row heroes. It is preferred to put Tanks and Hybrid heroes in the front to eat up damage and your Dealers, Healers, and DPS associate Hybrid heroes in the back.

-Each of your heroes will have the two skills which you can use accordingly (1* Heroes will only have 1 skill). These skills can be one of four types; buff, de-buff, damage, and heals. Additionally, each of the four types of skills can be single cast, group cast, or self cast.

-Like every other game of this nature you'll be limited by ENERGY and STAMINA.

Energy - This is for use in Campaign Missions, and Treasure Hunt Missions.

Stamina - This is used for Arena, Dungeons, Raids, and Time Attack.

-You will generate 1 point of Energy and Stamina every 10 minutes.

-Your heroes will have four major stats that you can use to decide which heroes you will want to use in your team. These stats are HP, Attack, Defense, and Dexterity. Dexterity is used to determine attack speed and also the length of de-buffs.

-Items can be equipped to your hero to boost their stats. Each hero can equip one red item (offensive) and one blue item (defensive).

-There are 6 different tiers in Hello Hero and are denoted by stars. The higher the stars, the stronger and rarer the hero.

1* - Normal. Drops from dungeons. Typical upgrade fodder.
2* - Rare. Rarer than common heroes and typically still considered upgrade fodder.
3* - Master. You should try and build a team of at least 3* heroes. Can be obtained using Carats.
4* - Epic - Can be obtained using Carats but typically through fusion.
5* - Unique - Typically only obtainable to fusion.
6* - Legendary. Typically only obtainable through fusion.

-It is important to note that even 1* monsters are beneficial to you as they will give you 5 Carats and 5 Honor Points once you master them. You will only be able to receive this Mastering Bonus the first time a specific hero is Mastered. Please feel free to use them as upgrade fodder after you master them or if you have duplicates.

-Fusion is a when you merge two mastered hero of the same class. This will result in the creation of one hero one tier above. For instance, if you have two 3* mastered heroes, you will create the one 4* hero. The heroes used in fusion are lost.

*Fusions are RANDOM. There is not a designated evolution path like in PAD and Brave Frontier*

-Upgrade is the process of strengthening your heroes. You will be able to upgrade your hero up to 5 times which each successful upgrade resulting in a 10% increase to their stats. An upgrade is not guaranteed in certain situations. If you fuse away a lower tiered hero, you have a chance of failure, and will instead receive upgrade points. Once your upgrade points are maxed, you at that point are guaranteed a successful upgrade.

*A fully upgraded hero will be more powerful than a non upgraded hero a tier above it*

-Mutation is only available to 6* heroes. When a 6* unit is mastered you can choose to mutate it to give you another random 6* hero unit.

-Enhancement can be performed by merging two identical hero units. It will increase the level cap of that specific unit by three levels. It is significantly more difficult to level a unit from 30 - 33 though. It is suggested you only do this for end game and or if you're a masochist.

Hopefully, all that info will help you understand the game and make it easier to enjoy.

Additional Info and Tips

-At level 10 you can create a Guild. So I'll try and make a Neogaf guild once I reach that level.

-Save up your Carats for Royal Summons. You receive 11 hero units and one is guaranteed to be at least a 4*.

-There's group chat yo.

-Once again, Master all your new units to get those 5 free Carats.

-Always participate in raid events so you can get Carats at the end of the day.

-Please add any info I might have missed you deem important.

-You can add me Pbae or any other person to both get 10 free Carats.

Good Luck and Good Hunting.

Thanks be to,

To whoever made guides for this game. I probably read it.

Links
Official Website - http://www.helloherogame.com/
Official Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/helloherogame
Game Wiki - http://hellohero.wikia.com/wiki/HelloHero_Wiki

Top Bottom