• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello There - Kenobi Officially Confirmed for Disney+

ManaByte

Gold Member
It's not us "fucks", its woke ass Disney thinking they're so modern and socially progressive as they shoehorn token races into projects.

Chinaman - check
India-man - check
Black man - check

It's so transparent it's a meme now
No Way Abandon Thread GIF

Woo-Fu

Banned
Considering how many races make up the Star Wars universe it's unfair they cast so many humans. Like humans are the only effective/interesting/powerful race in the universe, talk about hubris.

And to the idiots saying Obi-wan was boring in the recent movies, have you ever thought that a TV series like this is the perfect vehicle to talk about all the interesting stuff he does when he's not trying to save dumbass kids from tripping over their own dicks?

Last edited:

sol_bad

I swear Disney better stop putting different coloured Twi'lek's in their movies. They should only be green, no other colours damn it!!!!!!

nush

Who knew space was so "diverse"...?

Diversity isn't the problem, it's OK. Where it goes off the rails is pushing wokeness and 1uping the CIS white protagonist.

Do we know if this is a Kennedy gig or a Favreau gig? If that's known set your expectations accordingly.

Ionian

Admiral Ackbar didn't die, he flew back into the ship and Leia just followed him. That is my canon.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I dotn care who they cast as long as they do a good job in the roles.

My main concern is that given that Vader will be in this I assume he and Obiwon will face off at some point, rendering their battle on the Death Star at the most meaningless and at minimum less impactful.

"When I last saw you, I was the learner and you were the master ... which was like last year".

INC

I was on board then saw Hayden whatever is back

Kill it with fire, at least the pedo padme has no chance of returning

sol_bad

I dotn care who they cast as long as they do a good job in the roles.

My main concern is that given that Vader will be in this I assume he and Obiwon will face off at some point, rendering their battle on the Death Star at the most meaningless and at minimum less impactful.

"When I last saw you, I was the learner and you were the master ... which was like last year".

They might only interact in flashbacks, that's always a possibility.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
ya good point. I was never one to think that "it didnt seem like they were good friends at all!". i think the movies did an acceptable job showing their real friendship but I know a lot of people felt that it wasnt fleshed out enough. The books and other EU material expanded on it a lot better though.

Flashbacks might be cool

Funny i just watched Revenge of the Sith with my 5 year old. The ending is dark for a kid for sure! My favorite prequel though.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Oh wow, Hayden is in this? Great chance to make up for his subpar recitation in the prequels. I hope the man (and the script) don’t waste it.

Joel Edgerton, too? Very, very interesting cast.

sol_bad

We may get another ray - kylo chest out force talking scene, only with Obi and the shit actor

I personally hope not, I feel that the powers that Kylo and Ray use in the sequel trilogy are newish powers. Although, Luke didn't seem surprised by the power usage in The Last Jedi, just that she was talking to Kylo (from what I remember).

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I like Star Wars, I will probably like Kenobi, but I would like them to get SW away from all the characters we know and love. They are about to make Obi-wan some woke dude. They will make Vader being some who appropriates culture, it is a white dude in a suit with a black mans voice.

sol_bad

Well, you said so yourself. Movies then, were 80-90% white. Which made sense for a white villain.

Now, white men are pretty much minority in these new films and yet, likely to be villains.

You see what you want to see.

John Wick - white hero, Italian villain
John Wick 3 - white hero, one Chinese/Filo villain and 2 Indonesian villains
Extraction - white hero, Indian villain
Mandalorian - Chilean hero, Italian/African-American villain
Dark Knight Rises - white hero, French woman
Dredd - white hero, white woman
Furious 7 - whole bunch a heroes, 1 white villain and 1 black villain

Just to name a few.

Jaysen

Banned
This should just be a show about Ben and Anakin riding speeder bikes from the bottom of Tatooine to the top, and the people and creatures they meet along the way.

Fbh

Casting seems fine.

I sort of agree that I don't want Obi Wan to have an actual encounter with Darth Vader. Hopefully it's either flashbacks or some sort of dream, hallucination, meditation exercise or something like that .
Them casting Hayden at least seems to indicate it will be something like that. Would be silly to cast him just to voice some other dude in a costume.

The stink of ree in here is real.

Because people aren't taking out their pitchforks over the cast not being 99% White?.

Don't mistake hating woke shit with hating people from other races

Romulus

The race convo here is fucking stupid for two reasons. For one, we don't know if if much of that cast will be playing alien races instead of humans. And hopefully in that case you want be offended if their skin tone is covered.

I've already put my childhood toys away, and see no reason to drag them out again.

Call me when Kennedy gets shit-canned, and Filloni gets installed in her place. Then, and only then, will I care about Star Wars again. As far as I'm concerned old canon is true canon, Disney Wars is bad fanfiction.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Any race can be a hero or a villain, stop worrying about it. An actor playing a villain isn't a commentary on race. Sam Jackson plays good guys and bad guys, not a commentary on race, he is just an actor people love.

Gold_Loot

You see what you want to see.

John Wick - white hero, Italian villain
John Wick 3 - white hero, one Chinese/Filo villain and 2 Indonesian villains
Extraction - white hero, Indian villain
Mandalorian - Chilean hero, Italian/African-American villain
Dark Knight Rises - white hero, French woman
Dredd - white hero, white woman
Furious 7 - whole bunch a heroes, 1 white villain and 1 black villain

Just to name a few.
Italians are considered white. French are minorities now? You’re reaching for the stars here. And Extraction got a shitload of hate for having a white male protagonist in a middle eastern region.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'll give it a try but my expectations are low. Modern star wars just hasn't done it for me. The franchise ended in 83 as far as I'm concerned.

MMaRsu

Banned
Considering how many races make up the Star Wars universe it's unfair they cast so many humans. Like humans are the only effective/interesting/powerful race in the universe, talk about hubris.

And to the idiots saying Obi-wan was boring in the recent movies, have you ever thought that a TV series like this is the perfect vehicle to talk about all the interesting stuff he does when he's not trying to save dumbass kids from tripping over their own dicks?
Very racist against humans

Unfair

Top Bottom