• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me GAF! Is my DS Lite dead?

guise

Whenever i plug in the charger the red light comes on for around a split second then turns off. I've tried plugging it into a different socket... no joy.

It's probably worth mentioning it is a US DS (and im in UK) and its going through a step down converter.

This is the second goddamn DS lite i've had **** up on me. I have a Japanese lite aswell where both the screens have gone completely white... I've tried using the japanese charger on the US DS to see if thats why its not charging but it does the same thing.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
My DS (no Lite) does the exact same thing. Sorry I can't help, haven't got a clue what is wrong. I hope it is the adapter, I guess I can buy a new one. If it's the battery in the DS, I guess it'll cost more to fix.. But I have no idea how realistic it is to expect the adapter to be broken :/. Sucks either way, with FFIII released soon.

guise

I just tried swapping the working battery from my messed up Japanese DS into the US DS and the same thing is happening.

I've never had any console die on me.... but 2 DS lites!?!?

I'm never going to import or buy hardware abroad again if this kind of shit is going to happen

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
HowardMoon said:
Whenever i plug in the charger the red light comes on for around a split second then turns off. I've tried plugging it into a different socket... no joy.

It's probably worth mentioning it is a US DS (and im in UK) and its going through a step down converter.

This is the second goddamn DS lite i've had **** up on me. I have a Japanese lite aswell where both the screens have gone completely white... I've tried using the japanese charger on the US DS to see if thats why its not charging but it does the same thing.

You might try to buy a new battery. They're pretty cheap. (Compared to a DS) :)

EDIT: Nevermind.

guise

I've tried it with 2 different adapters, both of which work charging my other DS lite which has broken screens.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Maybe there's something wrong with your step-down converter that's causing these to burn out?

Top Bottom