• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me GAF: Questions b4 buying a 360

CaptainABAB

Some questions I have:

* I have a xbox live account now - how does the process work for converting it to a 360 live account?
I still plan on using my xbox for online gaming even after the 360 is setup - does that change anything?

* I noticed there are multiple live kits available - one with the camera, etc. What is your opinion on these? Are they worth it? Can I just sign-up for live gold through the system w/o any of these packs?

* I remember seeing a 360 controller but with a red trim label "for Windows". What is the difference between that one and the standard 360 one?

* Any recommended accessories? For example, if I get the premium package, is there any reason to get the memory card?

Speevy

Banned
You can use your Live account just fine, I believe. It transfers.

Yes you can sign up without the packs.

No idea. The Xbox 360 wireless controller rocks though.

The memory card is good if you want to travel somewhere else.

Also, the headset, play and charge kit are essential.

Also, get an extra USB storage device (thumb drive, hard drive) to store MP3s, JPGs, and WMVs, as the hard drive is pretty small.

Chi-Town

CaptainABAB said:
* I remember seeing a 360 controller but with a red trim label "for Windows". What is the difference between that one and the standard 360 one?

That is just the Windows branded version of the wired controller. It comes with a PC driver disc and some places charge $5 more for it.

Tieno

Chi-Town said:
That is just the Windows branded version of the wired controller. It comes with a PC driver disc and some places charge $5 more for it.
and I believe you can download that same driver for free from the internets.

Top Bottom