• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me remember name of a Vic 20 title

Wollan

It was the first videogame I ever played but I have never known it's title.

The level layout is a labyrinth and it was sprawling with spiders and larvaes and possibly other creatures. I think you were able to shoot these creatures, different colors meaning stronger creatures. That's all I got. I've been googling but haven't found anything yet. Please help.

(I described just about every Vic 20 title didn't I?)

Wollan

Nope that's not it. I don't think the game scrolled(though Im not sure as I was 3-4 years old) but had the complete level layed out.

pr0cs

Ignatz Mouse said:
Whoa, hadn't thought of that game in years.

I remember it well on the 64, remember it scaring the hell out of me, there was one monster in it that was hell on wheels.

pr0cs

Wollan said:
Nope that's not it. I don't think the game scrolled(though Im not sure as I was 3-4 years old) but had the complete level layed out.

how sure are you that it was a VIC game?

Wollan

How NeoGAF remembers the 80s:

vic20.jpg

Wollan

pr0cs said:
how sure are you that it was a VIC game?

We still have the console around(broken) and my older brother re-confirmed that it was the machine we used(never had anything else at that time to be honest).

Wollan said:
We still have the console around(broken) and my older brother re-confirmed that it was the machine we used(never had anything else at that time to be honest).

Was it action-oriented or turn based?

pr0cs

Wollan said:

The only other thing I can thing of at the time that fits that description was Night Stalker for the Intellivision though it wasn't much of a maze type game.

1063847738-01.gif

The only games I played on the Vic were OmegaRace and Gorf, both in cartridge form (as opposed to tape).

Wollan

gardnwar.gif

It may have been this game. It looks very alike but I feel I would have remembered it more clearly if that was it. I can vividly remember white spiders crawling around those labyrints.

Edit: No, this is definetly not that game.

SuomiDude

Could it be Dragon Maze?
dragon_maze.gif

EDIT: Damn, browsed some other games as well and saw Snake Pit. I loved that game, but never knew its name. I also remember some horse game where you were riding a horse and shoot other people riding horse. And then there was a maze game where you had to go through a maze and there was some spider following you which could go through walls. Damn it was challenging.

EDIT2: Scorpion?
scorpion.gif

Wollan

SuomiDude said:
And then there was a maze game where you had to go through a maze and there was some spider following you which could go through walls. Damn it was challenging.

Do you remember the name of this one?

SuomiDude

Wollan said:
Do you remember the name of this one?

Nope. I'm currently trying to find more about it, but it sure was nice :D (Check out my edit above btw)

EDIT: I also still have the damn system and couple of games, from which 3 are on a seperate carts: Raid on Fort Knox, Sargon II Chess and Omega Race.

Wollan

Nope, wasnt scorpion. You mentioned a spider that could jump over the walls, I think this actually may have been an aspect of the game.

SuomiDude

Wollan said:
Nope, wasnt scorpion. You mentioned a spider that could jump over the walls, I think this actually may have been an aspect of the game.

Well in the game I speak of, the mazes were single screen, no scrolling. And there was nothing but your main character and the single spider creature chasing you around the maze. I never got past 4th level (I think), so I don't know how many levels there was in total.

Top Bottom