• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here's what PS4 game cases look like in real life

PS3 cases are the best. There probably won't be any artwork to see in these cases like you would see after opening some PS3 games, huh?

Dramos

Low-res quality of the real actual Xbox One case:
XboxOneBox.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That's probably placeholder.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. All European Sony-published PS3 games (and many others as well) have the title in that generic font on the spine rather than a stylized game title. Maybe it's spreading. This is an EA game though, and those seem to vary a bit. Some have proper game logos, some have generic text.

The Day One packaging for the Xbox One is super classy and should be the standard box. With the cases, the embedded Xbox One logo on the top is real nice.

Think you might have misunderstood what my issue with that post was. Hint: It's nothing to do with Xbone packaging.

They're thinner and less wide than PS3 case, but are taller. They're pretty similar to Blu ray movie cases, only a tad bit thicker.
Dissapointed to hear they are taller, why do that? I thought they would be the same or maybe less but i can see why they dont want to go to short but why not stay the same, ugh.

VanWinkle

Looks nice!

Xbox One has superior packaging for both the console and games.

What would you say is superior about the game boxes with Xbox One?

You wanna talk about boring spines? Look at the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS. I realize the DS also had terrible spines in the EU also.

I LOVE the spines on those. I have my Wii, Wii U, and 3DS games all together (separated by platform, but all beside each other), and they just look SO nice and organized. I love how it has the actual game logo, instead of boring text, over a minimalist white background.

Kashinoda

Banned
The PS3 game cases are sleeker that's for sure.

Hard to tell but it looks like these a pretty much DVD sized cases?

I'm guessing a big reason for this (other than to distinguish from the VITA cases) is so the Sony games don't look smaller than the Xbox games when multi-platform games are advertised.

When games are advertised in the UK, the PS3 case is always second to the larger 360 one. Little things like that factor into the brand image long term.

Just my two pence :)

Jhriad

I support those cases. It saves heaps and heaps of plastic.

If I pay $60 for something I expect it to feel substantial not practically fold up at the slightest touch. The smaller Blu Ray cases already save on plastic without needing to cut out those holes. Not to mention you can make the plastic thin and save on materials that way rather than cutting out those silly holes. It's not like most people are throwing this stuff in the garbage anyway.

AlphaK

The cases look beautiful.

Unfortunately i probably won't hold a wrapped PS4 game box until Infamous releases in feb. :(

Going to have to settle for gamefly sleeves until then.

Ricky_R

Didn't know where else to put this, but this thread seemed the most appropriate.

Picked up Knack today, you can see the case, the inside, and the disc.

Nice. Case looks smaller than I thought when this thread mas made, which is good. What size are they? Like PS3 cases or a bit bigger/smaller?

IconGrist

I really hope they are the same height as the Blu-ray / PS3 game cases. I won't have room for them on my shelf if not ugh.

I have Killzone SF already. The cases are exactly the same size as PS3 cases. If it weren't for the blue shell you wouldn't notice it sitting on my rack.

isual

I touched one of the display ps4 boxes. It seems so cheap and fragile.

Hope the real ps4 isn't like that. PS2's was the best

Rolf NB

They're thinner and less wide than PS3 case, but are taller. They're pretty similar to Blu ray movie cases, only a tad bit thicker.
Does not compute. PS3 game cases have the exact same width and height as Blu-ray movie cases. Thickness of movie cases varies. PS3 games cases are a notch or two above the minimum thickness.

It's not possible that PS4 games cases have different width and height, but still match Blu-ray case width and height. Because BR w&h = PS3 w&h, quite precisely.

I demand an explanation!

Top Bottom