• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

TUSR

Banned
kagete said:
Delirium could probably do it. Of course, most people in IT value their free-time so much that doing extra coding work on the side might not be their definition of relaxing.
from my experience people in IT love to complain a lot about their jobs

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Anyone else taking forever to log in, unable to see public games or stats? Been like this most of the day for me.

TheExodu5

Banned
Squire Felix said:
how does hon-gaf not have a comp sci person or a programmer in it?
I'm a Java Analyst/Designer/Coder. That doesn't mean I know shit about scripting an IRC bot. It's still a new language to learn.

TUSR

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
I'm a Java Analyst/Designer/Coder. That doesn't mean I know shit about scripting an IRC bot. It's still a new language to learn.
i tried to script one back when ragnarok online first came out and so did the private/hacked servers.

hours and hours of work went into nothing... :(

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This IRC bot idea sounds awesome. Wish I could help with it.

PuppetYuber said:
1:59:19 PM : Cristina: Yes, sorry for the wait. We have reset the signal and put you in a different profile making the line more error proof. My Network Support team will like you to monitor the connection, as it should be way more stable now.

my isp better not be lying to me!
THE GUVMENT IS ON TO YOU.

1:59:19 PM : Cristina: Yes, sorry for the wait. We have reset the signal and put you in a different profile making the line more error proof. My Network Support team will like you to monitor the connection, as it should be way more stable now.

my isp better not be lying to me!

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
jasonng said:
Panda unfortunately isn't our best zerg. I wouldn't say sc2gaf is dying, more like we're getting a rotation of new members to our community. While I get why you're green about us having tournaments to watch and spectate
because you guys don't :)
, we're a pretty tight knitted group of folks who are coaching each other and helping one another get better. Who knows, maybe we'll have a legitimate Team Gaf eventually.

There are plenty of HoN tournaments, it's just not as good of a game to spec. HoNGAF already enters tournaments man, catch up.

kagete

TheExodu5 said:

We don't need a bot. Have you seen the beyondgaming or various honstats websites? Basically we just need a website that makes DB queries to collect stats from all games that have [GAF] tagged members playing in all 10 slots. Either that or ensure that our game has a specific [GAF] IH tag in its game name. The automated tournaments just look for a specific game name with participants matching the submitted team rosters.

Ikuu

Ah ffs, finally get in and into a game and then I get a black screen and can't login again.

Neckbeard

Ikuu said:
Ah ffs, finally get in and into a game and then I get a black screen and can't login again.

QV2RA.gif

jasonng

kagete said:
Just curious but would SC2 players actually have fun playing 2v2 or 3v3 with both teams in the same Mumble channel? HON is very competitive but the greatest moments usually unfold when everyone is talking trash to each other and the unexpected happens ingame.

MrMr is certainly different. He's HoNGAF's prodigal son, passionate but not pliant. I have zero complaints from playing TMM games with him but somehow the banter in IHs really gets under his skin.
We play team games all the time. Why wouldn't we? Most of our hilarious hijinks occur during custom games too. I'm in no disagreement that friendly banter and trash talking creates the best moments.

Procarbine said:
There are plenty of HoN tournaments, it's just not as good of a game to spec. HoNGAF already enters tournaments man, catch up.
Come on, brah. We really doing this? You know full well we have active members pushing their way through tournaments. Team Liquid doesn't make it hard to find one either.

Fake Edit: I see an arrested development gif. I guess you guys aren't all bad.

TUSR

Banned
jasonng said:
We play team games all the time. Why wouldn't we? Most of our hilarious hijinks occur during custom games too. I'm in no disagreement that friendly banter and trash talking creates the best moments.

Come on, brah. We really doing this? You know full well we have active members pushing their way through tournaments. Team Liquid doesn't make it hard to find one either.

Fake Edit: I see an arrested development gif. I guess you guys aren't all bad.
SC2-GAF as salty as HoN-GAF?

TUSR

Banned
Lone_Prodigy said:
S2 hasn't updated their XML since the middle of August, so there's no stat tracking outside of the game.
But I'm pretty sure I've seen third party stat trackers...

goober

This game is crap when you're a Free to Play/Un-verified player. So many leavers/disconnects within the first 10 minutes.

And it happens every single game.

Ikuu

Been unable to log in with any consistency for over 24 hours now, still no word from S2 about the issue.

Hopefully the Dota2 beta isn't too far off.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
kagete said:
Farmbokr playing support at 1800 tier?

I'm so confused right now...

I always do my best Kag impression with your bros (how do you think my ward score got to 0.5?). Too much pressure playing a ranged carry with them; although melee tanks like kraken or Ra are EZ.

Ikuu

Turns out VeriSign has started to randomly block ips and that's why certain people are having issues logging in, and according to the support email it could be up to 2 days before it gets looked at.

kagete

Ikuu said:
Turns out VeriSign has started to randomly block ips and that's why certain people are having issues logging in, and according to the support email it could be up to 2 days before it gets looked at.

Sigh, fuck DDOS scriptkiddies

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Who the hell plays like that, with the monitor to the side.

Do they enjoy neck problems? Or Carpal Tunnel?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
That stuff is hilarious. The only time I've ever even raised my voice playing a game in the last ten years was when I kept getting screwed over by the Incans after 4 hours of Civilization V.

Top Bottom