• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Ikuu said:
Pretty sure he and Azuki were playing the other day.

He's done a lot of pretending he's in the beta the past couple weeks, including impersonating old DotA players on other boards hoping to get an invite. If that's what you mean.

Dreavus

NukeDukem said:
listen UP peeps thsi is how it is bro if u needa MOD to halp u play te gayme then u shuld jest unintsall ! $2 ulready putt a fuckIN GUIde in da gaem for da stupd f2p retards IF u neeed moar dan dat ten I got BIG newz four U retard lern2play! dis is y dota 2 shuld be on da XbawK 360 so dese CHeaTin nurds cant mod da gayme 2 make it moar ez 4 dem 2 win 1! tf2 waz A such sucksess on da xbawz day made it frhee soo dat PRUVES my Piont that modS suk dick NAd so doe evury NERD whoo usses dem

qft

4char

Meeru

Banned
perryfarrell said:
He's done a lot of pretending he's in the beta the past couple weeks, including impersonating old DotA players on other boards hoping to get an invite. If that's what you mean.
ikAR0z6b7NFJK.jpg

bzm

delirium said:
You know Dota 2 has range indicators for skills right?
yea and im not a big fan of it

@tomat: stumps mod replaces the models of all the trees with stumps, so that jukepaths are really, really, really obvious
powersupply mod was a mod that would notify you whenever someone came within range of its aura (which is kinda hidden, the one that detects when spells are cast)

Insured

markot said:
Whats wrong with range indicators for skills?
As I understand it, it lets you know the exact locations your skills can land, instead of making you guess or train your eyes over the course of a thousand games playing that hero. You know... Precision is supposed to be LEARNED, not handed on a plate!

Reminds me of complaining threads about multiple building selection of Starcraft 2, somehow... I feel in the end it's really just better to have it, even if it requires "less mechanical skill" from the player or whatever.

markot

Banned
Ikuu said:
The range indicator mod shows the range on every players skills.
Thats lame.

I dont mind it starting out though, just seeing the 'range' when I hover over an ability, mainly because the 'units' measurement they use is just baffling to me still >.<

Also, big noob Q, but how do you stop auto attacks? Do you just have to keep moving? The pros always seem to be clickin on teh ground to stop attacking so they can get kill shots and deny easier >.>

Phandy

Dota2 screenshots are photoshopped.
Its SO obvious.........

:(

Edit. Markot - press H ( I think its H). It 'Holds' your character, so they wont do anything. Including auto-attacks. Its SO SO SO SO SO damn useful. Map it to a more useful key if you can, I have it on an extra mouse key.

agidot

New patch is up!!!!

Version 2.1.10
-----------
- The current Free Heroes have changed. The current available list is:
* Cthulhuphant
* Master of Arms
* Gladiator
* Drunken Master
* Hammerstorm
* Puppetmaster
* Moraxus
* Dampeer
* Magmus
* Chipper
* Revenant
* Blacksmith
* Hellbringer
* Jeraziah
* Empath

- Added a new Strength hero: Cthulhuphant
* This hero is not Early Access limited
- Added a Limited Edition Alt Avatar: King Cthulhuphant
* Will only be available for two weeks! You can see it in the Early Access section of the HoN Store.
- Added a new Premium Alt Avatar: Mr. Chipper
- Added Cthulhuphant Hero Symbol

- Some UI tweaks to fix some warning spam
- Fixed two server crashes
- Rampage's Horned Strike now pops up a number when you hit someone showing the damage done
- Fixed a bug with Kongor's Pit that made Defiler's spirits miss him when he was in the front half of the lair

All hail Cthulhuphant!!

mrbagdt

grats on the beta key, did you know someone that hooked you up or just get a lucky invite? when i was watching the glhf stream there were around 115 people online and they said 'that was the most people online at once by far', so it must still be an extremely tiny beta. also, mad mad etc

nara

Banned
mrbagdt said:
grats on the beta key, did you know someone that hooked you up or just get a lucky invite? when i was watching the glhf stream there were around 115 people online and they said 'that was the most people online at once by far', so it must still be an extremely tiny beta. also, mad mad etc
no its going 175s now

Guesong

The new Chipper Alt avatar is amazing.

Actually worth (...actually no, nothing is worth 600 gold coins but you get the point) its price, unlike Frost Rider or King Ra.

mrbagdt

azuki said:
no its going 175s now
maybe it was cuz it was evening here in US. id imagine that there are more people on early morning when its evening over in asia. from looking at their queue list, the majority of people were asia and euro with just a few NA.

Meeru

Banned
mrbagdt said:
I emailed Icefrog, straight and simple. Right now more than 400 have access to beta.

I emailed Icefrog for more keys; if I get some Ill give em to you guys through some simple trolling contests

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Meeru said:
I emailed Icefrog, straight and simple. Right now more than 400 have access to beta.

I emailed Icefrog for more keys; if I get some Ill give em to you guys through some simple trolling contests
Surprised that worked, he must get so many emails each day asking for one.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So at this rate HoN is getting what, two very slight hero tweaks per month? Are they saving up like 500 kajillion balance changes for a huge patch or really just don't care to change anything?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Lone_Prodigy said:
No one pays for balance tweaks. HoN has a very small window to get as many players as possible before DotA 2 swoops in.

But aren't some people at s2 solely committed to balancing? Isn't that Nigma/Diva's specific job??? I want to get paid to just play SBT games all day -_-.

Neki

Anbokr said:
But aren't some people at s2 solely committed to balancing? Isn't that Nigma/Diva's specific job??? I want to get paid to just play SBT games all day -_-.
it's time for another edition of "let's ask Nome."

starring, Nome!

Neki

what do you mean, the trolling contests have already started.

kapura blaming his lack of skill on rust?

big troll right there.

amirite.

Guesong

So Cthulhu is pretty good, though I'm definitively not a big fan of the on-going "he's a jungler!" craze.

He's CAN jungle. I don't think he should. Like Pred I guess.

JoeMartin

Meeru does dota 2 feel as good to play as hon? Hon has been sped up quite a bit in comparison to dota (some good, some bad - love the auto courier and relative increase in strength of support past ward hoe bagging), and there's a lot of little cosmetic things missing that I'd miss (ck explosion being the biggest at this point).

I dunno, just a lot of little things where I'd like to see how they compare - movement, pathing, fog, trees, etc etc.

Top Bottom