• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there a list of heroes by roles out there? I really tend to lean towards tank/support heroes. For example: Electrician, Armadon, Amun Ra, and even Rhapsody. I'm not really familiar with heroes that came out post-beta.

Kapura

Banned
kagete said:
Meeru can't even differentiate Kanye from a white fratgirl
white_chicks.jpg

kagete

Anything that isn't a melee carry (darklady or nighthound for example) can usually be played very similarly as a hero that performs some form of "support".

I think I get your playstyle though and can give you a good recommendation based on the heroes you mentioned liking : Kraken!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
azuki said:
seems ppl just try to act tough to leave an impression they are "good"

Ay bitch come at me and I wreck yo scrubby ass, wont even be able to sit fo week

REAL

Guesong

TheExodu5 said:
Seeeexy.

Another other good mods out there?

I started off with the Beginner's Pack here. Disabled some of its content (Compact Shop, Split Chat) but the rest of it is pretty nifty, though I think Tower Denier is broken right now. Mana Cooldown timer is a huge help though, as well as Tower Range ; when you are new to the game, it reallly, really helps to know the precise range of a tower.

Similarly, you can grab the AoE Range indicator listed below the Insane Pack. It adds many circles to all heroes, some centered, some off-put, to show you where one of this hero ability could land. It's kind of a grey zone mod though ; not illegal, but definitively shunned upon. I can see why ; I've been tipped off of an incoming SoulStealer many times, not because I saw him on the minimap, but because I saw 3 circles coming on the side of my screen and knew those were the Demon Hands range indicator.

So grey zone, but really helpful at first.

There's also Alt Info Revised, which changes the creeps healthbars to make it clearer what creeps are closer to dying so you can better deny/last-hit, as well as having a little indicator on the bar which takes notes of your attack power + (hatchet or not) + creep armor to tell you at what point you should be able to kill the creep to get the last hit with an autoattack. It's really pretty nifty! Try it out.

Also least but not at last, there's Bard UI, which you may have seen in some screenshots posted here. Combined with the 100h SceneHeight mod, it really clears up alot of space on the screen which would otherwise be occupied by useless panels and clutter. This effectively gives you a much better vision. Also bring some additional functionality, such as a quick MIA button and better allied hero panels so you can see what skills they got and how much gold on sight.

Tomat

Conceptor said:
I'm pretty tempted to try these both out, but after having to uninstall and re-install HoN on patch friday three weeks in a row, I'll pass.

They're easy to add/remove with the Hon Mod Manager. Literally the click of a button, so it's safe.

I'm using BardUI and the range indicator for the heroes (not the AoE or Tower Indicator).

Guesong

Don't forget to grab the 100h SceneHeight mod and apply it (and find the appropriate option in Bard UI). It frees up the blue space to the left and right of the hero panel and it looks oh so much more cleaner.

markot

Banned
Hon feels pretty different to Lol... I dont know, lol seems less... exciting since I started getting good at hon >.<? (Not that im good or anything!) Its still fun, but I dunno, its weird.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
No offense to anyone but I don't like mods at all. They take out some of the challenges of the game that makes it exciting. If I used that, I would be using pebbles/tundra/arachna every game. Because csing is already easy with them. (with mod? Huehuehue)

Neki

Thorinbei said:
No offense to anyone but I don't like mods at all. They take out some of the challenges of the game that makes it exciting. If I used that, I would be using pebbles/tundra/arachna every game. Because csing is already easy with them. (with mod? Huehuehue)
too afraid of getting crunched I guess.

bzm

Thorinbei said:
i agree with this, especially mods like range indicator, stumpmod, powersupply (before that shit got BANT)
just feels dirty to me

Tomat

bzm said:
i agree with this, especially mods like range indicator, stumpmod, powersupply (before that shit got BANT)
just feels dirty to me

No clue what the other two are, but why does range indicator make you feel bad? To be honest I think it should be a standard feature in the game (The indicator for skills, not AOE or Towers).

Right now I use:

-The Prodex addon so I can see heroes and they roles they fill.
-BardUI - smaller UI, just trying it
-A last hit assist that marks the creep health bars and helps me get used to LHing. Isn't always accurate.
-Range Indicator for abilities

NukeDukem

Banned
listen UP peeps thsi is how it is bro if u needa MOD to halp u play te gayme then u shuld jest unintsall ! $2 ulready putt a fuckIN GUIde in da gaem for da stupd f2p retards IF u neeed moar dan dat ten I got BIG newz four U retard lern2play! dis is y dota 2 shuld be on da XbawK 360 so dese CHeaTin nurds cant mod da gayme 2 make it moar ez 4 dem 2 win 1! tf2 waz A such sucksess on da xbawz day made it frhee soo dat PRUVES my Piont that modS suk dick NAd so doe evury NERD whoo usses dem

Top Bottom