• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Expected post.

At least I'm booting up HoN to play it.

uiDwk.jpg

Guesong

My first avatar quote!

Expected post.

At least I'm booting up HoN to play it.

No, no you aren't.

When people booted up WarCraft III to play DotA, were they playing WarCraft III? No. When you boot up HoN to play some kind of silly simulacre of a MOBA with assinine rules, you're not playing HoN either, merely using its engine like DotA did with WC3.

am I taking bzm's mantle in his absence or what

Swag

Everyone in the "Heroes of Newerth - Haters gonna hate room" on the GAF Mumble server should stop calling themselves HoN-GAF. Looks like only a few people left in the actual HoN-GAF who actually play HoN regularly and not DOTA 2. Disgusts me.
This reeks of mad.

Also you play mid wars, that shit sucks.

IceMarker

Two things

1. The Warcraft III/DotA 1 comparison is completely exaggerated on Midwars part, it's fucking the same goddamn game, but 1 lane, if they release a 1 lane map with no respawn timer, it's the same goddamn game, but with 1 lane and no jungle, your argument is false.
Warcraft III is an RTS focused on Multiple units and base building, DotA is a micro intensive single unit action strategy team based game. Caldavar is a 3 lane map for HoN, Midwars is a single lane version of that map with no respawn timer.

2. Sebulon expected post.

So unless you guys are done playing DotA 2 24/7, shut the fuck up and get out of HoN GAF. Hell I'll TMM with Insured for days again like I did last month.
Not that I won't boot up DotA 2 if people like Nuke want to play.

Guesong

Two things

1. The Warcraft III/DotA 1 comparison is completely exaggerated on Midwars part, it's fucking the same goddamn game, but 1 lane, if they release a 1 lane map with no respawn timer, it's the same goddamn game, but with 1 lane and no jungle, your argument is false.

So it's not the same goddamn game. Are you hearing yourself?

Take soccer, remove a goal, it's not soccer.

Take soccer, remove all penalties aspects from it, it's not soccer.

Take soccer, remove players from it, it's not soccer.

Take soccer, remove all these aspects at once, it's definitively not soccer.

IceMarker

Take soccer, remove a goal, it's not soccer.

Take soccer, remove all penalties aspects from it, it's not soccer.

Take soccer, remove players from it, it's not soccer.

Take soccer, remove all these aspects at once, it's definitively not soccer.

Holy shit do you love exaggerating. You know what fucking changes in midwars? The fact that you can't passively farm for 30 minutes and your teams position is dependent on how team fights go constantly. That's it.

But this is all besides my point that any of you guys calling yourselves HoN GAF and never play it need to stop calling yourselves HoN GAF.

Swag

So unless you guys are done playing DotA 2 24/7, shut the fuck up and get out of HoN GAF
For someone that isn't even on the first page of this thread, you sure do like to throw your opinion around like it holds weight among anyone here, and we played like 3 HoN matches yesterday, as well as the fact that aside from 4 people, most people still play HoN

Guesong

Then choosing any other map than Caldavar and Watchtower and playing Casual Mode is not HoN. The only other modifier is no respawn timer.

I agree on these parameters.

Now, let's see where these parameters leads us to.

"HoN MidWars", as described by above-mentioned terms, vs DoTA2. For the sake of ease of debate, we'll restrain ourselves from comparing hero pools and items, since DotA2's is incomplete atm and that's their appreciation are quite relative to begin with.

Your definition of Midwars being as follow :

- The fact that you can't passively farm for 30 minutes and your teams position is dependent on how team fights go constantly, partially due to A) one lane instead of three, B) No Jungle, C) game being set in Casual Mode, thus giving all players no death penalty and a better cashflow and D) No respawn timer.

Opposing this is the classical DotA2 match set in the current default (and only) map. DotA2 has A) A slower game speed relative to HoN.

Which of these two games most closely ressemble a HoN match as accepted by your aforementioned perimeters?

Do they reduce the EA price? Don't think Salforis was always 250 coins.

And I'm pretty sure I saw Swag, Anbokr, Alumnus, and someone else (sorry) playing yesterday. I was ripping it up in Casual (having a sub-1300 MMR will do that).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Wow, gotta love this classic s2 crap. "Hai gaiz, price cut becuz we love u all! store reowrk yaaaay!"

*two weeks later*

Maliken: "yo yo homies u tink dey notice if we up gold coin prices by 100 every day? and just triple silver idgaf. playa base so stupid dawgssss."

Conceptor

So unless you guys are done playing DotA 2 24/7, shut the fuck up and get out of HoN GAF
:lol

I suppose we should just rename the mumble room to "Heroes of Downtime - MrMister gonna hate room" amirite.

IceMarker

For someone that isn't even on the first page of this thread, you sure do like to throw your opinion around like it holds weight among anyone here, and we played like 3 HoN matches yesterday, as well as the fact that aside from 4 people, most people still play HoN

And how many DotA 2 matches a day? I don't care if what I say doesn't hold weight to you, I'm just telling you how I feel being upset that you all spend more time in DotA 2 than HoN.

Which of these two games most closely ressemble a HoN match as accepted by your aforementioned perimeters?

HoN because I'm fucking playing HoN. Doesn't matter how many pointless stupid nitpicks we put into this arguement I'm still playing HoN heroes, playing on a HoN map, playing with HoN items, it's fucking HoN deal with it. I don't even play mid as much as I used to after that whole 37 win streak.
EDIT: Actually a reason I play midwars alot is because I enjoy games without stats so I can fuck around without fucking up my numbers, what little I have.

I suppose we should just rename the mumble room to "Heroes of Downtime - MrMister gonna hate room" amirite.
Anything to remind me.

Swag

And how many DotA 2 matches a day? I don't care if what I say doesn't hold weight to you, I'm just telling you how I feel being upset that you all spend more time in DotA 2 than HoN.
rc2rd.jpg

Game is more fun, nothing I can do about that bro.

Card Boy

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/rc2rd.jpg[/img

Game is more fun, nothing I can do about that bro.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Plus i'm better at DOTA2 than HoN, HoN is too fast paced for me.

My only involvement with HoN these days is watching Moonmeander streams, its all DOTA2 from now on.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

My only involvement with HoN these days is watching Moonmeander streams, its all DOTA2 from now on.
Opposite for me. I think dota2 is too slow. I still play both though, hon more frequently.

Also, Moonmeander is the man. Was up until 4am watching him play.

Swag

It's your avatar.
I was going to steal one of the new Mr.Taxi avatars, but then they were in Black and White, why you hatin on the av though, it's QT.
It's more of an art style thing for me, after seeing the high quality models in Dota 2, I find it hard to go back to HoN hero models, they just look ugly.

Sanjay

Good lord.

So many games to spectate now.

And It's REAL TIME, non of this delayed two minute bullshit. I'm guessing its going to be a POV from one team only to stop ghosting.

Expected post.

2. Sebulon expected post.

You keep saying this, stop copping out.

Take Football, remove a goal, it's not Football.

Take Football, remove all penalties aspects from it, it's not Football.

Take Football, remove players from it, it's not Football.

Take Football, remove all these aspects at once, it's definitively not Football.

Fixed, but I think a better comparison would be 5 aside Football compared to proper 11 a side Football, its the same sport but its not the same game as its played completely different.

Holy shit do you love exaggerating. You know what fucking changes in midwars? The fact that you can't passively farm for 30 minutes and your teams position is dependent on how team fights go constantly. That's it.

But this is all besides my point that any of you guys calling yourselves HoN GAF and never play it need to stop calling yourselves HoN GAF.

This is more like it, but our argument is that your love for HoN is not its true mode, so its a fickle argument to use on us when you your self don't play its core game. Kind of like how PuppetYuber thinks hes god almighty at BF3 but all he does is play stupid modes that is not core to the Battlefield series to enlarge his k/d ePenis.

It's your avatar.

K-Pop Avatar Wars!
15sywv.png

Guesong

I was about to comment on that myself Sanjay...

So much Korea in here.

I suggest we all sport Barbie Girls avatar next. That's something I can get behind.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Spectating seems a little garbage considering you have to ask permission and can only watch friends games.

Ikuu

You can actually spectate someone who is mentoring/spectating, wonder how big a chain you could make.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Probably because they didn't delay the spectating. So dumb.

I'd prefer the permission/live spectating over delayed. Delayed feels like watching a replay--worthless. You're going berserk over a team fight that happened 5 mins ago, that the guys on mumble are way past. It just doesn't feel as good as watching a live stream or live game.

I wonder how much mentoring you have to do to get the skin at level 3. Boot up two instances of HoN, log onto your main with one and your alt in the other, profit?

EDIT: tried to join an MM game, got the "server cannot verify account, logout" message, logged back in, banned from MM for 5 minutes because I "left a match before it started or failed to properly connect to a match". Uhhhhh

Ikuu

I'd prefer the permission/live spectating over delayed. Delayed feels like watching a replay--worthless. You're going berserk over a team fight that happened 5 mins ago, that the guys on mumble are way past. It just doesn't feel as good as watching a live stream or live game.

Until you have more than a few people who want to watch the game, it's a pretty lacklustre feature at the moment. You're also stuck with only watching games of friends/clan members, but in DotaTV you can watch pretty much everything.

Madouu

Until you have more than a few people who want to watch the game, it's a pretty lacklustre feature at the moment. You're also stuck with only watching games of friends/clan members, but in DotaTV you can watch pretty much everything.

It's not even comparable, DotaTV is much more complete in terms of widespread broadcasting, much like HLTV. This was obviously developed for the mentoring system, the idea of adding a feature to be able to spectate a friend came probably afterwards.

Both games are still in continuous development, so maybe we will someday see the equivalent of DotaTV in HoN (but this seems very unlikely as it's not something that can be done that easily) just as we will probably see an equivalent mentoring system in DOTA 2.

IceMarker

Just got home! 2.5 up?

se82k.gif

edit: mentoring avatar? Should take MrMister a few years to get it
idgaf but thanks for your concern, Doctor Repulsor/Storm Spirit sucks, useless avatar, let people who know how to play him good can have him
edit: Oh hey look you can still buy him for 300/3000. Still not gonna get him.

Guesong

I can't figure out a situation where getting Genjuro would be worth it.

Unless you already have an Assassin's Shroud, and that its late game and you already have all the other items you possibly could want...seems like a waste of an additional 3k gold.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Just got home! 2.5 up?

se82k.gif

idgaf but thanks for your concern, Doctor Repulsor/Storm Spirit sucks, useless avatar, let people who know how to play him good can have him
edit: Oh hey look you can still buy him for 300/3000. Still not gonna get him.

doctor sucks? this is news to me.

Top Bottom