• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Guesong

delirium said:
Email S2 support. They're usually nice about things like this. They'll give you a refund.

Yes, I suppose it is worth a shot. Extra kudos to them if they do it. *sigh*

In the meantimes, if there is a GAF Clan or something, please shoot me an invite in-game so I can get carri- I mean tutored later. Username is Guesong.

delirium

Guesong said:
Yes, I suppose it is worth a shot. Extra kudos to them if they do it. *sigh*

In the meantimes, if there is a GAF Clan or something, please shoot me an invite in-game so I can get carri- I mean tutored later. Username is Guesong.
"/join clan neogaf" will make you join the Clan NeoGAF channel. If there's an officer online, they can invite you into the clan.

You should try to see if you can play tonight. There's usually a lot of people in the channel during those times. You'll find a lot of Gaffers that will play.

Hojaho

PillowKnight said:
I can't believe they buffed empath. One of my favorite hereos just got favoreter.

Empath's buff is really great. Specially As One cooldown. :D

I just don't get the Aluna's nerf though. :(

bzm

Hojaho said:
Empath's buff is really great. Specially As One cooldown. :D

I just don't get the Aluna's nerf though. :(
Aluna is really strong as is, nerf is completely justified.

Empath + Behemoth trap ftw
never underestimate the power of the triangle formation

NukeDukem

Banned
Version 2.0.39 Patch Notes

- Added new chat color, Royal Tanzanite
- Added new Alt Courier, Robot Courier
- Stat Resets and Sub Accounts can be bought in the Store with Gold Coins

- Fix to effects with 0 lifetime
- Fix for custom account icons being treated as modded files
- Fixed front queue tools not front queueing when double activating
- Fixed a buffer overflow when attempting to execute a very long console command
- Russian Stringtables updated

- Channel code change
* Item swaps between backpack slots no longer breaks channel
* Moving items to Stash interrupts properly
* Homecoming Stone tweaked slightly, now consumes the stone at the start of the channel

== Items ==

- Added new item: Sol's Bulwark
* Components
* Ringmail (550)
* Ringmail (550)
* Sol's Bulwark Recipe (700)
* Total Cost: 1800
* Passive Effects
* +5 Armor
* Can be toggled between a +5 Armor Aura for Allies or a -5 Armor Aura for Enemies. 10 second cooldown

- Daemonic Breastplate
* Reworked Components
* Ringmail (550)
* Sol's Bulwark (1800)
* Warpcleft (2100)
* Daemonic Breastplate Recipe (1100)
* Total Cost: 5450

- Dust of Revelation
* Visual effect now plays if Empath uses it while inside someone.

== Heroes ==

- New hero: Revenant

Aluna
- Attack cooldown from 1450 to 1700

Dampeer
- Terrorize now applies a 50% movespeed slow to feared targets
- Consume cooldown lowered from 50/40/30s to 30s flat
* Killing a hero now gives 3 essences at all levels

Flux
- Fixed his Magnetic Surge push so that it applies the same state as the pull

Empath
- Essence Link cast range from 500 to 550 and break range from 750 to 800
- Essence Link casttime from 500 to 400 and castactiontime from 250 to 150
- Synergy numerical regen from .75/1.5/2.25/3 to 1/2/3/4
- As One cooldown from 100 to 100/80/60 seconds

Forsaken Archer
- Improved Split Fire so that you won't lose its setting when you die
- Piercing Arrows cooldown from 120 to 100/80/60 seconds

Parasite
- Fixed him from following his last-issued command after you Infest

Pyromancer
- Fixed the DoT from Fervor applying the proper level

Slither
- Fixed his projectile from Poison Spray hitting units directly behind him if they are too close

Amun-Ra
- Ashes to Ashes regeneration lowered from 2/4/6/8 to 1/2/3/4

Amun-Ra
- Ashes to Ashes regeneration lowered from 2/4/6/8 to 1/2/3/4

1254757949471.jpg

Kapura

Banned
Buffs dampeer has been needing literally since he was released, nerfs aluna has been needing since release, nerfs Ra has been needing since release. I mean, better late than never, but damn.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
As Support should I just be letting my laning partner get all the last hits and concentrate on denying?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ikuu said:
As Support should I just be letting my laning partner get all the last hits and concentrate on denying?
Only if they're good enough to get all the hits.

If they're missing stuff left and right then last hit to your heart's content.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Kapura said:
Buffs dampeer has been needing literally since he was released, nerfs aluna has been needing since release, nerfs Ra has been needing since release. I mean, better late than never, but damn.

Balance changes immediately after release are stupid, you have to let it play out for a while.

delirium

Ikuu said:
Harassing is a much better thing to do than denying.
Order of precedent when laning.
1. Last hit (if you are the person in the lane that needs it).
2. Harass
3. Deny.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So I'm not very good at LoL, and I already get yelled at by people from that community.

If I were to pick this up today, what should I expect?

Tomat

NukeDukem said:
Playing with pubs in HoN is an even more caustic experience, and you run the risk with playing with terribads/foreigners

Same as League in that respect then, and I already stated Im not very good at LoL so I'd probably be one of those terribads.

To any prospective buyers: take the plunge. I just did and am shocked at the amount of content, features, and options you get for just 10 bucks. Very fun and well-made. I'm coming from LoL

Guesong

I bring shame to HoN-Gaf. Dear lord why am I so bad! -.- And to think I have to get to know all heroes...

Also, sorry for all my random disconnections today. Internet sometimes goes haywire around here =/

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I just picked up the game today, I don't have any dota experience so my skills are pretty lacking. That being said, if there are any gaffers who want to friend me and perhaps give me some helpful tips my name is the same as here. Oxrock

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd like to compile a list of information for newer players but I have no idea where to start. Everything I learned through painful trial and error and people raging at me back when pubbers went boots first.

Well after some rage fests by random people from the public servers i think i learned my lesson.

I should never seek advice from that place, ever.

Hi, i am new to this kind of playstyle, my only experince is WCIII and C&C, am i skrewd? I thought it would be a cake walk but, man, i was never been so wrong in my life. lol :[

My user name the same as my gaf name :) hope to join the clan and ruin everyone match lol.

vesp

so bought it but the tutorial seems to freeze with a picture of the well/fountain and a voice over about me dying and spawning, but i never spawn and there is no interface or anything. Happened 3 times in a row, and went back to play LoL for the night.

Ken

vesp said:
so bought it but the tutorial seems to freeze with a picture of the well/fountain and a voice over about me dying and spawning, but i never spawn and there is no interface or anything. Happened 3 times in a row, and went back to play LoL for the night.
Same. ]:

Meeru

Banned
SilverLunar said:
Well after some rage fests by random people from the public servers i think i learned my lesson.

I should never seek advice from that place, ever.

Hi, i am new to this kind of playstyle, my only experince is WCIII and C&C, am i skrewd? I thought it would be a cake walk but, man, i was never been so wrong in my life. lol :[

My user name the same as my gaf name :) hope to join the clan and ruin everyone match lol.
invited. and no you are not. wc3 actually will help with your micromanagement.

my first game with GAFers was a horrible first impression :[

That tutorial need to get fixed asap, i cant just read what everything does in the middle of a game :/

SilverLunar said:
my first game with GAFers was a horrible first impression :[

That tutorial need to get fixed asap, i cant just read what everything does in the middle of a game :/
Agreed.. it's inexcusable that the tutorial doesn't work, especially when having these $10 sales. I barely know what I'm doing and I've played like a 1000+ LoL games. Imagine a player new to the genre...

Tomat

Gahhhh.... I'm still on the fence about this. With LoL's gameplay being similar enough and DOTA 2 being just around the corner it's hard to say this would be worth it even with the features. It's still tempting though, but the fact that Im not good at LoL as is and hearing this games community is even MORE harsh in comparison isn't helping.

Also I don't have a mic at the moment, would that be a huge problem? On a side note, I really do like the simplification of character stats in comparison to LoL.

Procarbine said:

That early game two shot in mid... holy shit, I have never seen anything like that in LoL (From full health)

Meeru

Banned
Tomat said:
Gahhhh.... I'm still on the fence about this. With LoL's gameplay being similar enough and DOTA 2 being just around the corner it's hard to say this would be worth it even with the features. It's still tempting though, but the fact that Im not good at LoL as is and hearing this games community is even MORE harsh in comparison isn't helping.

Also I don't have a mic at the moment, would that be a huge problem? On a side note, I really do like the simplification of character stats in comparison to LoL.

That early game two shot in mid... holy shit, I have never seen anything like that in LoL (From full health)
LoL players will have a harder time adjusting to Dota than HoN. You will need to deny, fights will be faster, there will be no grasses to be invisible in. As for community being more harsh..I think they are the same.

You will want a mic, typing will be a deterrent.

delirium

Tomat said:

In HoN, every hero has less health and since there's no AP (you can argue Spellshards does the same), spells do a lot more damage. Also certain heroes have a better early game and a worst late game. Pebbles is an early/mid game nuker. He can literally two shot you from full life if he hits his combo. Come late game, he's effectiveness is much much less.

Top Bottom