• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Guesong

I'd like stats, but I hardly believe they'd solve any of the current "problems" we might have.

It's not like there was that many players participating relatively frequently in in-houses. If we can memorize like 60 heroes, surely we can each associate a skill level with a player with relative ease.

Cause elsewise, I might win a game when I know I was absolutely useless just because I was paired with azuki and procarbine, who steamrolled the other team in that game. (It happened once ; I was helpless with Hag!) Yet my ranking would go up? Meh.

Other times I might do good Spider Mines placement but still lose the game due to other factors, albeit I would have played a much more solid game than with Hag. So my ranking would go down? Eh.

There's no easy way out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ezalor being viable makes me happy.

Oh wait Ezalor doesn't summon the light spheres anymore.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Hylian7

I gave this game a try tonight. I've occasionally played LoL and am okay at it. I really sucked at my first game of HoN. My biggest issue with it was that the trees and ground look too similar. In LoL, I can look at any screenshot and (without looking at the minimap) tell where it is on the map. I was also surprised by the amount of attacks that stun in this game. That was definitely something I wasn't expecting.

I did like that it was faster than LoL though, and it ran better on my computer than LoL did for some strange reason. I was playing as Accursed if anyone wanted to know.

Also, I really suck at knowing what items to get. It always seems so overwhelming to go through and look at each item, just because it wastes so much time. Is there really any way to quickly learn what items you need in these types of games?

Conceptor

bzm said:
DO NOT DISCONNECT

BuAtn.png

Swag

Vect said:
I can still see myself playing HoN when DotA 2 arrives. I like some of s2's hero and their hilarious VAs.
Two birds with one stone

Tiny Model in DOTA 2 > HoN Tiny Model.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I wasn't too impressed with the DOTA 2 graphics to be honest, I like HoN's style more. It's probably because I'm used to HoN more and HoN just looks more reminiscent of warcraft 3 to me (which I was also used to going into HoN). It's going to take some major eye adjusting for me.

Meeru

Banned
Dota 2 has a very smooth, pixar like art style that is somewhat similiar to tf2. Interestingly, I think HoN's animations are better, has more umph if you know what I mean.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I think Dota2 just looks so much better, hard to comment on the impact of the animations without playing the game, but there's so many little touches that are very impressive. Game looks like they could release it tomorrow, going to be awesome to watch how they improve it for release.

They also need to steal the HoN spectator mode.

IceMarker

I think HoN has a "tighter" graphic style, while I do like the clean cartoonish style of DotA 2, it won't be enough to keep me from
playing both games anyways.

Sanjay

My only gripe right now is its animation, kind of really surprised how its not up to standards coming from Valve. Hopefully they have it down by release.

Meeru

Banned
Sanjay said:
My only gribe right now is its animation, kind of really surprised how its not up to standards coming from Valve. Hopefully they have it down by release.
Something we agree on. Nice. That and Lich's ult

nilay

Sanjay said:
My only gribe right now is its animation, kind of really surprised how its not up to standards coming from Valve. Hopefully they have it down by release.

My only Gribe is your spelling

Meeru

Banned
Well now that we know that Dota 2 Beta won't come out until a few weeks after Gamescom, I am stuck with nothing. No Tribes:Ascend, no Dota 2..smh

Top Bottom