• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Ruin: 10/27 new video, plus screens, gameplay details and Street Sharks

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This game is plain and simple coming out at a very bad time for me.

I want to buy it so much but I have my game budget fairly well locked up until June.

Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will do a B1G1 1/2 off in May and I can pick it up with Mario Tennis.

I missed this thread, must've popped up and disappeared instantly. OP updated with the new video.

Wish we had more new news for this game, but releasing a new video is a good sign that it's still coming along...

Can't wait to see more impressions.

Effect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFR2OL_EoY

Death at them using slow-motion to cover the shit ass frame-rate. jhfyusdgfdygf

Should provide some fun while I wait for Monster Hunter. :)

The frame rate is the one thing that is really bothering me about this game. The graphics do look better now but the frame rate was always iffy to me from the videos they showed. The scene in this video where the character hookshots the enemy and pulls himself toward it. I honestly can't tell if that is slow motion being used of if that's the frame rate dropping to a crawl because it looks different from the other uses of slow motion in the trailer.

I do want to play this but I don't want to end up with a mess in regard to the frame rate.

CaVaYeRo

TBH, I had no idea about the voice chat & daily challenge for one year until last weekend. That is taking some new advantage of the 3DS capabilities.

I interviewed Dan O'Leary on Saturday, iDÉAME IV first day. So, aside from getting up to date on this game, I learned some really cool facts. Like:

- 95.000 weapon combinations. Buy/sell in what they call "Traders Network", so you get rid of what's useless for your class.
- n-Space worked with Square & Nintendo for developing their own update service, so it could be daily Spotpass content, instead of weekly.
- Game will have a deep web integration. Some sort of online community & a 3DS browser-friendly site, so you can open it, check your profile & progress, etc
- Extra power unlocked by Nintendo was very helpful for them. They used it for multiplayer (connectivity and other features).

Interview (only Spanish atm):

http://www.gamereactor.es/articulos/16311/Los+h%E9roes+pioneros+de+n-Space/

I'm sharing other n-Space things (getting back to Winter proyect (Wii U?), 3DS FPS) on the iDÉAME thread.

watershed

Banned
TBH, I had no idea about the voice chat & daily challenge for one year until last weekend. That is taking some new advantage of the 3DS capabilities.

I interviewed Dan O'Leary on Saturday, iDÉAME IV first day. So, aside from getting up to date on this game, I learned some really cool facts. Like:

I'm sharing other n-Space things (getting back to Winter proyect (Wii U?), 3DS FPS) on the iDÉAME thread.
All those details sound cool but the gameplay looks so damn repetitive, simple, and boring. Maybe the rpg elements really bring some depth to the game but from the walkthroughs and trailers it looks much more like those marvel alliance games than say Diablo.

Doesn't help that its not that pretty to look at, especially in terms of framerate and animation.

Goli

Well, Kid Icarus Uprising has daily SpotPass content so that's not *that* new, but what I find interesting is the web integration tidbit. The 3rd Birthday and Dissidia 012's Japanese versions both had deep web integration built in them that unlocked things such as costumes or DNA strings in T3B's case or allowed you to exchange friend cards and your own scenarios for 012 (Final Fantasy Type-0 also has similar things, the web integration features an achievement system and a way to trade items), yet SE decided to remove those elements for the overseas versions, and now we learn this... perhaps future SE Japanese-dev'd games that have web integration features will be kept from now on.

CaVaYeRo

yep, and cool that devs are already taking some advantage of that extra processor capacity. I wonder if other devs are using it for the graphics side.

CaVaYeRo

Nintendo's Satoru Shibata just announced they're publishing the game in Europe June 15th, and confirmed/showed that website integration.

Top Bottom