• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm Open Beta Thread of Sneakiness and Evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypotc

Do you have to invite the full roster to get the mount?

I just added friends who play the game and assigned some thingies to them. Then I got the code. Just add randoms, np.

Redeemed the code on battle.net now, and it's unlocked in game.

Skab

it was in the trailer presentation of the class.

Which trailer are you referring to? The class trailers are not meant to classify a canon gender. Sorry. And in RoS itself, Crusaders are the only class with separate gender-based conversation achievements, which leaves it even more ambiguous.

Basically there isn't a canon gender for the Crusader.

Clearos

Currently stuck on results so claim reward is shaded out. People need to start driving home from work so I can get this done.

Opened a second tab and it worked.

..eww I got Sgt. Hammer.

Xyphie

Got a code but it doesn't work. :(

An error has occurred.

The code you entered cannot be claimed. Please check the code and try again. If you see this error again, please try again later, as the game or website may be undergoing maintenance.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Site is getting so fucking hammered... frustrating.

Zafir

MECHANOSPIDER MOUNT GET!!!

- you can get a mechanospider mount by playing some shitty facebook hots plugin
- you basically form a team of facebook friends, give them some "traits" and it will give them the heroes they represent ingame

https://teambuilder.heroesofthestorm.com/ (site getting hammered right now)

Sigh, that is quite literally the worst social media implementation I've seen in a while. Not only do you have to link up an account, but you have to annoy your friends with it too....

Can't even use my fake FB account that I use for all that shit because you need 4 friends.
Need three more friends, come on guys, quote and add me.

Same here, quote for my FB link.

Added you both with my fake FB account lol.

Sigh, that is quite literally the worst social media implementation I've seen in a while. Not only do you have to link up an account, but you have to annoy your friends with it too....

Can't even use my fake FB account that I use for all that shit because you need 4 friends.

Check the above posts and add our fake accounts as friends so we can live the mechanospider dream.

jediyoshi

Nope, the 'builder' part ends up using their name/photo but its meaningless. Once you're done they give you the option of inviting friends but it's just another click to skip to the reward.

Alur

For anyone else needing friends for fake accounts, I have an account I can use for you just quote me or PM me with the link.

sobaka770

Banned
I don't think the app actually sends anything to your friends. Sure it does scan them, but you can get the mount and post nothing on FB.

Anyway, that wall animation was pretty well-done, but the rest of the event was very underwhelming for someone playing since technical alpha. 3 interviews with the guy who is trying to finish a drawing and a cringeworthy song is just awful.

But then again, I suppose if you attend this live, there' s a lot of fun to be had.

TheYanger

It doesn't force you to bother your friends. You have to pick friends for your team but it doesn't do anything until the end and you can ignore that part (click claim reward at the bottom instead of sending invites).

Got a code, i can snatch to some more a probably post them here for people who dont have a FB page.

Which trailer are you referring to? The class trailers are not meant to classify a canon gender. Sorry. And in RoS itself, Crusaders are the only class with separate gender-based conversation achievements, which leaves it even more ambiguous.

Basically there isn't a canon gender for the Crusader.

Class trailers and the short stories on blizzard website defined the sorcerer and the hunter are female while the barb, the witch doctor and the monk are males, yet like you said the crusader is undefined.

Alur

Thanks to Yoshi and TheYanger for the link hookup, I got my hands on a starter pack today. I only needed a couple of the keys, so here's the rest for the thread:

Gc2mkVv.png

Keys to unlock Zagara, Sonya, Jaina and our boy Zeratul available. First come first serve, just quote with what you want.

Maximus.

What the hell am I supposed to do with Diablo! His talents are so messed up.

Also Blizzard fucking needs to up the queue times so that all teams get a fucking healer. You fucking hacks.

I got Diablo last night and if you work with someone else, he is amazing. I don't know his skills by name since I only played like 2 games with him, but if you lift an enemy hero then charge him and get him stuck in the terrain and have an ally attack, they enemy hero is fucked. His fire breathe is amazing too. Really good character!

I really like Illidan, but am worried I won't be good with him, so holding off.

What do people think of Sylvannas?

Thanks to Yoshi and TheYanger for the link hookup, I got my hands on a starter pack today. I only needed a couple of the keys, so here's the rest for the thread:

Gc2mkVv.png

Keys to unlock Zagara, Sonya, Jaina and our boy Zeratul available. First come first serve, just quote with what you want.

Would love a Jaina key.

Spl1nter

Gc2mkVv.png

Would be awesome to have that zeratul key.

Gc2mkVv.png

Can I get Sonya?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Gc2mkVv.png

You're the fucking best, Alur! Peace and love brother, spread the happiness!

Yoshichan

Sorry EU-GAF for bailing on ya'll!

Pro tip: always tell your significant other before a big release game. That way they'll leave you the fuck alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom