• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackat

So some of you guys got your portrait for the Spring Finals already and not the qualifiers? Because if I don't get the portrait for watching the world's I am gonna fucking riot.

Alur

when you log in to the game after you earn it it pops up and says you got an award.

check your portraits just in case you didnt notice it or something. its a green 2016 hexagon.

I did, does it alert you?

So some of you guys got your portrait for the Spring Finals already and not the qualifiers? Because if I don't get the portrait for watching the world's I am gonna fucking riot.

davepoobond specifically says "it's a green 2016 hexagon" which tells me he's talking about the last (regionals) portrait, not the one we are supposed to get for the finals.

The finals portrait has Thrall in it plus the 2016. Don't think it's been put out yet.

Zackat

I only have the qualifiers and dorm ones, not the Thrall one for championship.

Also nice Eisenhorn avatar!

Eisenhorn da bess. I hope they put out a hardcover version of the Omnibus at some point. I am thirsty for it. My softcover of it is really worn from reading it so many times.

davepoobond specifically says "it's a green 2016 hexagon" which tells me he's talking about the last (regionals) portrait, not the one we are supposed to get for the finals.

The finals portrait has Thrall in it plus the 2016. Don't think it's been put out yet.

I thought so, but I figured I would check due to not getting the last one.

Maledict

Almost certain I won't get the finals portrait as I think I've only watched the reruns due to the timezones. My biggest regret is not having the alpha portrait for reaching level 40 in the alpha.

Alur

After watching mostly all of it, I really felt like EDG was the clear #2 and C9 was pretty close to toppling them. No reason they shouldn't have finished top four, was a huge choke.

EDG were fun to watch for sure. MVP was a little too robotic for me. No humanity in their play, only perfection.

Almost certain I won't get the finals portrait as I think I've only watched the reruns due to the timezones. My biggest regret is not having the alpha portrait for reaching level 40 in the alpha.

RIP. I know that feel. My secondary account is stuck with an Alpha portrait but not the Alpha 40 portrait too.

Syf

Banned
I got into the alpha like a week before it ended and pretty much did nothing but play HotS every day to get that portrait

Milly79

The first Overwatch character to appear in Heroes of the Storm, Tracer will be available starting April 19 exclusively to those who pre-purchase a digital copy of Overwatch: Origins Edition for Windows PC. Starting on April 26, she’ll become available for sale to everyone in the Nexus.

If you pre-purchased the PC version of Overwatch: Origins Edition through the Battle.net Shop, Tracer will be waiting for you in Heroes the moment she goes live. Those who plan to purchase Origins Edition on other platforms will receive Tracer when they pick up their copy of the game starting on May 24. Learn more about Overwatch—and the other bonuses that come with Origins Edition—at PlayOverwatch.com, and in our support articles.

Alur

Ah it's only $59.99, not the regular like $80 collector's. I'm okay with it in that respect. It's only a week anyway.

whelp

12 game losing streak...i think im done with this game for awhile

6 games straight of the worst comps ever where the other team comp directly countered our comp.

this matchmaking is the worst.

every game lost by like 3-4 levels cause we just cant do anything about the comp.

SU5ju6M.jpg

Biggest ass whoppin' I've ever seen in ARAM. Felt good man.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
whelp

12 game losing streak...i think im done with this game for awhile

6 games straight of the worst comps ever where the other team comp directly countered our comp.

this matchmaking is the worst.

every game lost by like 3-4 levels cause we just cant do anything about the comp.

Hero league mang. Use qm just to fuck around with chars or get lvl 5. Or make a 5 man in like 10 seconds and you can solve the comp problem. Basically dont worry about losing ever unless you're in hl and even then really only rank 25 and above.

This was my last ARAM:

We were outcomped pretty hard for ARAM. Had Nova + Aba, but still stomped them. Morales 2 stronk.

If you were really any good at ARAM you wouldn't have taken a whole 10 minutes longer to win that game than I did for my game, slowpoke.

Hero league mang. Use qm just to fuck around with chars or get lvl 5. Or make a 5 man in like 10 seconds and you can solve the comp problem. Basically dont worry about losing ever unless you're in hl and even then really only rank 25 and above.

hero league solo queue is the worst.

meh, im good on that.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

ah crap, didnt know there was a new one...

is it done already? can we still get it?

Alur

Oh, Ghoul ult Arthas?

Yeah that's an impressive win.

It helped that the Nova and Jaina (plus Aba copy Jaina) were HAM as could be. The Nova was excellent at getting herself out, however, so all I really had to worry about was Jaina and Arthas healing wise. Still salty Jaina died once off solo while we were gathering orbs to regen. It was the only death.

For some reason it says 2 deaths at the bottom, I guess the rest was Abathur clones but it doesn't show on the main part of the scoreboard?

is it done already? can we still get it?

It finished last night =/. Was Thurs/Fri/Sat nights.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
hero league solo queue is the worst.

meh, im good on that.

So duo queue. Or put together the 5 man for qm. The wait can be a bit longer is the only downside. Otherwise if you lose there its because you and the others suck, not the comp.

So duo queue. Or put together the 5 man for qm. The wait can be a bit longer is the only downside. Otherwise if you lose there its because you and the others suck, not the comp.

yea i do do that when the friends I play with can sync our times. but grown folks just cant sync gaming time as often.

Zackat

Sometimes this game works perfectly fine in borderless windowed mode with my Gsync monitor, I get high fps. Other times it is capped at 17fps no matter what I do. Is this just a starcraft engine thing? Damn is it annoying.

kirblar

Artanis really messed that up. I guess a lot of people ordered on Amazon, sent the receipt and canceled it.

Sucks they're tying some of this stuff to it and probably won't ever hit the shop. Mainly the void speeder and felstalker mounts from sc2 and wow respectively.
I think the issue w/ that is just that Overwatch probably has 4x the preorders.

Ketch

Ketch getting his wish.
Thank goodness. The only sane reason I could think of was that those were the roles they were practiced on and it's too late to change it at some point. And I'm also glad they (seems like anyway) are sticking together.

But when you got the Mac God on your team you don't let somebody else play sonya/illidan. Much less zuna of all people. And its it that he's bad really, just that he's inconsistent, and risks too much, like you can't play melee assassins that way. And it's such a waste to put McIntyre on Tass/zag.

Artanis really messed that up. I guess a lot of people ordered on Amazon, sent the receipt and canceled it.

Sucks they're tying some of this stuff to it and probably won't ever hit the shop. Mainly the void speeder and felstalker mounts from sc2 and wow respectively.
no regrets.

Tracer gonna be AA hero? The video with the rapid blinking looked positively hectic, hopefully the skill intensive hero Li Ming should have been.

How does Dehaka fare in HL btw? Because of the tournament I feel like noone bothered to check if he's OP.

Dehaka's definitely not over-powered. Sitting in the bottom third of all heroes with a winrate of 47%. His talent spread looks like everyone is going for the hyper aggressive/gank build.

Level 1 - Enhanced Agility is sitting at 60%
Level 4 - Hero Stalker (increased essence from takedowns) is at 40%
Level 7 - Symbiosis is nearly 50% (swarm cd reduction on hero dmg)
Level 10 - Isolation is at almost 75% (so strong if there's no Divine Shield Uther or Cleanse, I'm guessing there haven't encountered a cleanse yet)
Level 13 - Whirling Dervish (CC reduction on active Swarm), I don't quite get this when the other talents are movement speed and this is more sustain and the rest of the build is aggression.
Level 16 - Elongated Tongue is at 50%, which isn't surprising. It's the best talent at that tier.
Level 20 - Most people pick Apex Predator, which is super handy for taking Terrors and DKs and not dying, also being more mobile more often to gank.

16 is the only talent tier where it feels like there's little choice if you're winning. It's weird to see talents like Enduring Swarm, Primal Aggression, Lurker Strain, Feeding Frenzy, Constriction, Adaption, Swift Pursuit, Ferocious Stalker, Contagion, and Change is Survival picked so infrequently.

It's weird to see that his sustain talents are being picked less because Dehaka can be ridiculously resilient and he's pretty strong at counter-initiation (pretty easily shut down Thrall on hammer) but maybe that's indicative of him being played more solo than in organised groups?

sadblob

Winrate has been going up since launch, obviously not as OP as Li Ming or Xul, but people are starting to know him. We'll see his real level in a few weeks

Alur

The waveclear talent at 1 on Dehaka is the go-to for sure.

The movespeed is a bit of a trap talent. I did it a bunch too, but the wave clear makes him "click" as a split-push/split-soak warrior. He gets insane value.

Ketch

Plus the entire fact that he's got global movement... Like you need the wave clear for the hero to even make sense.

also still think it's crazy that Blizz is running single elim brackets with Bo3.

They should be Bo5 from semis at least onward finals being Bo7. Preferably group stage knockout matches even.

Alur

Agreed, but I doubt we'll see it anytime soon. They'd need to go to a fourth day at the very least if they did it exactly like they did this last tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom