• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Bulzeeb

I decided to open one of the commons as my first box, get trash, decides to reroll, gets apothecary Morales. Now I wish OverWatch had this reroll system as well -_-

Apathy

Does anyone know Cassias rarety in the new system? Need to figure out if I buy her with gold now before it goes live in EU.

You can still buy characters with gold in 2.0. So in case you want to wait and see if she will show up in a box for you.

ISRNl5r.jpg

After opening like 50 chests, I now have 43/65 heroes and got a few epic mount, legendary mount and ragnaros skin, some announcers, etc. This event was VERY generous, the gold used to reroll up to 3x helped a lot. Still have 75k gold and wish I could use it on other things than heroes I'm not interested in or rerolls though.

slabrock

Banned
Added myself to the googledoc if any other new players want to have a go (est). Pretty new to mobas in general so it will be interesting.

Dryble#1593

Maledict

You can still buy characters with gold in 2.0. So in case you want to wait and see if she will show up in a box for you.

ISRNl5r.jpg

The shards are worth more than the gold to me, so if she is legendary I'd rather buy her before opening my boxes to get the 400 shards if I get a duplicate.

Oscar

HA! you aren't special anymore. Plebs like me that didn't care before get it now!!!!!!!1111

lol
Yeah, the 1.0 challenge was 15 games instead of 5 too.

This gives me hope on getting some of the Halloween OW skins I missed out on last time.

This was my first time logging in since last summer, when I decided to try the game out but got distracted by other stuff. I got the flex pack! Seemed like the best bet for me, because I haven't played any other MOBA. Also got Azmodan in a loot box, plus another hero for free for some reason? Gave me a choice between three, so I picked Tyrande because I generally like support types. I went from owning no heroes to owning 22 in the space of ten minutes. Pretty cool! Sitting on about 3,000 gold so I can pick up a mid-tier character before long. I have my eyes on Sonya, who I've tried out a few times and enjoyed.

Whats the drop rate for heroes? I rerolled an epic chest but that was just a waste of gold. Even put me out of range to buy tracer by a couple hundred gold.

Anyway, played 2 games with zarya. First game I didn't understand you have 4 shots with the explosion ability. Second game still lost but got mvp. Good times so far.

Wanderer5

Well shit, I was going to dip in for the bundles anyway, but now all of these D.Va stuff.:O

I give some rounds tonight probably and start seeing if I can get into this even if on and off playing. It been ages since my failed attempt into checking out LoL.

Zackat

Well shit, I was going to dip in for the bundles anyway, but now all of these D.Va stuff.:O

I give some rounds tonight probably and start seeing if I can get into this even if on and off playing. It been ages since my failed attempt into checking out LoL.
Hots is way easier to pick up and play

Probably gonna jump back in today. been a while. Gonna have to find people to add as friends who are alright playing with a terrible noob so i can get going on the nexus challenge for this week

Syf

Banned
The RNG on these boxes seems super generous, I got a lot of cool stuff, and now just missing two heroes. Think I'll be giving the game another real try after my last exam tonight. At least until SC remaster launches lol

Syf

Banned
Also not sure if any of you saw but Fenix was announced for SC2, and there's some good HotS potential with this iteration of him. He can transform between three modes on the fly, and the ability energy for one mode only recharges when that mode is inactive (take a look at the abilities here). Hope he makes his way to this game sometime soon because he looks fun.

Kioshen

Hope you guys are having fun. Hopefully my daughter will get out of the hospital soon and I'll be able to join the festivities. I can't even watch the live matches or the trailer. I hope the new hero is still deathwing.

Alur

HOTS 2.0 greeted me much like HOTS 1.0 left me. 1-3 record.

Legit have no fucking clue what the colors are for levels on the load screen. I know green is 100 and orange-red is 900. Ketch had orange-red too but he was like 400 levels lower than us.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So should I buy my cheap mega pack first, or open all of my loot chests first?

Out of all of the mega packs, the Assassins one gets me the most new heroes, I'd get 12 new ones from it. The other three only net me 6 each, 8 for the tank one at the end....

kirblar

So should I buy my cheap mega pack first, or open all of my loot chests first?

Out of all of the mega packs, the Assassins one gets me the most new heroes, I'd get 12 new ones from it. The other three only net me 6 each, 8 for the tank one at the end....
Mega pack, it'll let you shard any extras from the boxes.

Top Bottom