• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Just had a hilarious game on battlefields of eternity where our core was down to like 5% health before getting shields back. But then we got the immortal and tried to race it and we won the race and killed them while they feebly tried to get into range to deal damage to the core.

It was an annoying match to play as hammer though, against a guldan, chromie, and stitches. I couldn't really lane push well. Still despite all that hammer turned out to be decent.

Alur

Fan also confirmed a while back iDream was the one that forced him to leave C9, right? iDream has been the secret toxin all along, we just thought it was Arthelon. lulz

Alur

I thought he did say it directly on stream? Said it wasn't Caff or iDream, and it wasn't Dunk. Left only one person. Or well, I guess that is indirect, but about as direct as you can be without saying the name.

Ketch

And now that I dream is out of the picture most of c9 gets back together.

GFE Dunktrain when?

Also, lol @ jake being unprofessional. I'm shocked.

Ronabo

Hey, wadda know. I won a Stukov code from one of the streamers last night. Didn't even know till I randomly was clicking on things on twitch.

And I never have good luck.

Kioshen

Just did a pitiful 11 deaths Arthas game with the guys ... then I did a zero death 140%+ sadism on Alarak solo ... I hate playing Arthas. Hope he goes out of fashion soon so I can play another tank.

scoobs

Just did a pitiful 11 deaths Arthas game with the guys ... then I did a zero death 140%+ sadism on Alarak solo ... I hate playing Arthas. Hope he goes out of fashion soon so I can play another tank.
Don't play him then? Just because other people are good at him doesn't mean you have to be.

Xeteh

Man, playing Stukov in QM vs Illidan+Zeratul+Anub... my teammates were the Minnesota Vikings Offensive Line and just acted as broken turnstiles (wait broken ones might be stuck closed)... sorry very tiny but very bright orange road cones and let them through. Spent the whole game getting annihilated.

scoobs

Echoes of Death at level 13 for Xul is 100% must pick even if you aren't going Q build. Don't see why you'd not take that much free damage in any circumstance.

Ketch

Echoes of Death at level 13 for Xul is 100% must pick even if you aren't going Q build. Don't see why you'd not take that much free damage in any circumstance.

It's not that good dude. You're basically counting on the enemy team to run into it. Like good luck hitting a tracer or genji, or fucking anyone really. It's just spam damage.

scoobs

It's not that good dude. You're basically counting on the enemy team to run into it. Like good luck hitting a tracer or genji, or fucking anyone really. It's just spam damage.
It's a team fight talent. You aren't 1v1ing a Tracer too often at level 13, are you? If you are, you're going to die regardless of your build. (It's also the highest win rate talent by a meaningful margin already)

You toss it into a team fight and if you hit one person with all 3 scythes (shockingly easy to do) you do 1,000+ damage to that person. If you hit a bunch of people you do like 5,000 hero damage in 1 second. If you take the level 7 quest, and have it complete by this point you can immediately send out 3 more scythes the instant they travel back to you. ITS INSANE. I'm absolutely butt blasting people right now, deny it as long as you like but Q @ 13 is going to be a thing.

scoobs

I'm tellin ya just don't write it off! Everybody is so excited for Rapid Harvest but how frequently does Xul actually get to do damage on the front line? Almost never, he dies cuz of shit sustain and bone armor basically doing nothing against burst.

And the fact that it makes Xul better at wave clear practically means nothing... Xul has the best wave clear in the game without any talents taken. That's like adding a new exhaust to a Sports car, I mean sure it's faster but to what end? It's already fucking fast.

Play him as a mid range mage wth Q and Bone Spear and thank me later.

Dahbomb

Q build is no joke.

The Quest isn't easy to complete on time but once you get the triple Scythe talent it complete really fast after that. And from that point you basically become a midrange Mage Assassin only with better other stuff.

The way I am liking Xul right now is:

LVL1: Either Backlash or Shackler. I prefer Shackler now more but against tanky line ups Backlash is really good.

LVL4: I think Grim Scythe is insane. Your uptime on it becomes crazy. Reaper's Toll talent is strong too though but you don't get the immediate power boost that Grim Scythe gives you.

LVL7: I think Harvest Vitality or the other W talent depending on match up. Tragoul's Essence is a lot of sustain in lane though but I still dislike all the skeleton stuff for Xul that isn't his heroic.

LVL10: Skeleton Mage

LVL13: Echoes of Death is the best here even if you pick W talents beforehand. I thought the W talent would give you better wave clear and merc clears.. and while it makes you clear stuff like waves and mercs crazy fast the triple scythe gives you good wave clear and merc clear as well only it's good against single targets too. The attack speed W isn't good against single targets but once you go against 2 or more targets the damage ramps up fast. Executioner is good to if you picked Shackler as your Bone Armor. I think Echoes of Death is still overall the best here.

LVL16: I like Amplify Damage the most, armor reduction for fast enemy kill. Bone Spear not bad coupled with Scythe build because it's more ranged damage you can throw out and clears waves for you.

LVL20: These days since everyone is using Stukov in QP, the reduced healing is really good against him, almost game winning. Had two games where someone picked this talent and the difference was obvious. Otherwise I pick the Skeleton Mage heroic again.

Alur

I had trouble with it last time I played w/ one myself. Just trying to move away and accidentally went through in two separate fights. Luckily nothing bad happened, but it was frustrating.

Ketch

I'm tellin ya just don't write it off! Everybody is so excited for Rapid Harvest but how frequently does Xul actually get to do damage on the front line? Almost never, he dies cuz of shit sustain and bone armor basically doing nothing against burst.

And the fact that it makes Xul better at wave clear practically means nothing... Xul has the best wave clear in the game without any talents taken. That's like adding a new exhaust to a Sports car, I mean sure it's faster but to what end? It's already fucking fast.

Play him as a mid range mage wth Q and Bone Spear and thank me later.

I tried it already, it was the first thing I tried with him. It's good, and it's great for spreading mortal wounds. but it's not mandatory unless you want mortal wounds at 20. Like vs double support its a good build. But in general I don't think it's as good as executioner+vulnerability = dead hero.

Dying to DoT effects is the single most depressing thing that can happen in this game. I always run around hopelessly searching for a regen globe before I die.

Ketch

I think pyroblast is the most satisfying way to kill people. Like a long range 6 seconds of impending doom pyro blast where I have enough time to ping danger on the target like 3 times.

Maledict

Nova is completely unstoppable at level 20 with fast reload. It's just so easy to wipe the other team single-handedly.

Nah - there's a reason nova doesn't see play at all at the high level. She's actually fairly weak overall, especially when people can spot her stealth shimmer and proactively attack her.

She just seems horrible at lower levels because people go solo all the time, and no-one blocks triple tap shots at 20 for their team mates so she gets lots of casts off.

Top Bottom