• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hewlett-Packard Promotes Videogame Piracy - Link Inside!

xsarien

daedsiluap
Not to take the piss out of your post, but Lightscribe can't even begin to replicate the disc art found on games.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
lifestyle_howitworks.jpg

"I'm sure glad GT4 got cracked!"

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Dr_Cogent said:
Making a backup of a game you own, for your sole purposes, is not piracy.

I'm sure the RIAA / MPAA / (whoever can be analagous for videogames) would treat it the same way though.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Nerevar said:
I'm sure the RIAA / MPAA / (whoever can be analagous for videogames) would treat it the same way though.

Well, fuck the RIAA.

They can say whatever they want. Making a single backup is just fine. Are they going to replace my media if it fucks up? I don't make backups of much really, but I think it's a reasonable right to have.

Ironclad

Dr_Cogent said:
Making a backup of a game you own, for your sole purposes, is not piracy.
That is the same thing the company that made Games X Copy said but then they got slapped with a lawsuit from various game publishers and now they are no more.

acidviper

Banned
LOL America is losing the battle they should just give up, like Canada. All this does is give lawyers a lot of money. The profit margin is way too high for mod chips and game backups.

Top Bottom