• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey DCharlie... (Gundamnit!)

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Just seen some Gundam PS3 media, looks like I owe you a gift to the value of £10 :p

adg1034

Vennt said:
Just seen some Gundam PS3 media, looks like I owe you a gift to the value of £10 :p

Was it you who thought it would be good, or thought it would be crap? (Or, if both of those are wrong, what was the bet about in the first place?)

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
BuuuuuuuuuuuuuddyC!! :D

I was optimistic, DC was pessimistic, thinking/thought rarely came into it ;)

I concede the bet, nonetheless. :p

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Dunpeal said:
Bad bet man. Cmon...gundam? DC had this in the bag.

In honest truth, he always had it in the bag, it was a deflection bet to stop DC being silly and escalating a bet with another poster over his account.

I couldn't have that, As much as we differ in console-hardware supplier tastes I couldn't have that.

Want to know the real kicker? - The game SonOfVennt wants for the PS3?...

Gundam...

Damned DC and SoV are laughing at me as we speak :p

Dunpeal

Banned
Vennt said:
In honest truth, he always had it in the bag, it was a deflection bet to stop DC being silly and escalating a bet with another poster over his account.

I couldn't have that, As much as we differ in console-hardware supplier tastes I couldn't have that.

Want to know the real kicker? - The game SonOfVennt wants for the PS3?...

Gundam...

Damned DC and SoV are laughing at me as we speak :p

Oh... lol :lol

It's made by Bandai. Don't have too much hope in it. I've seen a good 20 minutes worth in action, try playing any PS2 Gundam game and see if you like it. It's made the exact same way.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
SoV's tastes are not exactly "highbrow", He still plays flash games, and berates me for criticising graphics.

Gundam is because he's on a Manga/Animé trip at the moment and has started reading the Mobile Suit Gundam Astray stuff, and short of a Sgt. Frog game hitting the shelves Gundam is on his radar big time, graphics, playability and sense be damned :p

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
OMG ITS VENNT!

Forget about the bet, it's no worries. :)

Or donate it to the "Don't get SOV a bad game fund" :)

Put it towards Resistance - it'll scare him half to death and it'll make him really not want to live in Grimsby! :D

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Hehe, Heya, Hope your enjoying your new toy :p

Cheers, I think I'll make it Viva Pinata instead - I don't think he can wait until March and even I want to try Rares new oogly-boogly eyed masterpiece :)

And he's seen Market Harborough first hand, Grimsby will be a walk-in-the-park.

(But I will get Resistance though, can't wait to shoot shit up in Nottingham, it'll be like Saturday afternoon shopping, just as many guns, and just as ugly residents :lol)

DCharlie

... who would we have lost ? Who did you save? *shakes fist!* ;)

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I thought of that when posting this thread. (Forgive me!)

He shoots... He trips over the ball :lol

DCharlie

i revisited that thread - back over a year ago :

mckmas said:
Damn it I'm soooo close to saying yes to your BET, because I'm like 99% that the game will at least look like that if not better. I say this because when I seen the E3 footage I felt that the graphics could look like that. In August Bandai proved me right.

"With the new generation PlayStation platform, we can create "Gundam World" with the quality no one has ever imagined. The philosophy, connecting millions of Cell together, makes reality get closer to the world of SF films. We are delighted to share the vision of Ken, architect, Kutaragi." --Shin Unozawa, Managing Director, Leader, Game Software Group, President, Bandai

ssx said:
normally you wouldn't even mention Bandai in the same breath as the elite graphic companies.

mckmas8808 said:
Think about it DC. They didn't use the SPE's in the PS realtime video. They didn't have physics and the true animation on in that video either. Now they are probably working on it.

I really wonder what happened to this game? it really is some ways worse than you could imagine. :/

you saved mckmas8808. mckmas8808 donation required! ;)

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
:lol

I guess it needed more than a bandai-d *cue groans* :p

Even though it's dumb to think this, I believe that all the admins/mods/etc all sit together at PCs in the same room, calling out specific posts and screaming/laughing at us in unison...

Hyoushi

"With the new generation PlayStation platform, we can create "Gundam World" with the quality no one has ever imagined. The philosophy, connecting millions of Cell together, makes reality get closer to the world of SF films. We are delighted to share the vision of Ken, architect, Kutaragi." --Shin Unozawa, Managing Director, Leader, Game Software Group, President, Bandai
I said wow.

zomg Vennt is back

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
DCharlie said:
i revisited that thread - back over a year ago :

I really wonder what happened to this game? it really is some ways worse than you could imagine. :/

you saved mckmas8808. mckmas8808 donation required! ;)

HAHAHAHAAAA!!!!! I said I was close to betting you. The dev company was the only thing that made me feel iffy.

Bust Nak

> try playing any PS2 Gundam game and see if you like it. It's made the exact same way.

Yeah it's great, AND it's set in the one year war, I give it 9/10 *not an average, based on subject matter and not on quality*

I think it's time to pay up, DCharlie.

Ahem \straighten up "Ask me about Gundam" badge.

Ichirou

Banned
DarknessTear said:
It's made by Bandai. Don't have too much hope in it. I've seen a good 20 minutes worth in action, try playing any PS2 Gundam game and see if you like it. It's made the exact same way.

Not all the Gundam games play the exact same way. From what I played of the PS3 Gundam game, the closest I can compare it to is Journey to Jaburo for PS2, which was UTTER TRIPE.

Vennt, if your son wants a Gundam game, get him Climax U.C. or One Year War 0079 for PS2, those are actually really, really fun games.

Bust Nak

Ichirou_Oogami said:
Vennt, if your son wants a Gundam game, get him Climax U.C. or One Year War 0079 for PS2, those are actually really, really fun games.

If you have a GC then get the ace pilot, otherwise I say go for lost war chronicles, or ACE 2. Zeonic front is also a favourite of mine but that's not for everyone.

Ichirou

Banned
Bust Nak said:
If you have a GC then get the ace pilot, otherwise I say go for lost war chronicles, or ACE 2. Zeonic front is also a favourite of mine but that's not for everyone.

I've not played Ace Pilot - what's it like? Realtime strategy like Zeonic Front?

I played ACE and was underwhelmed but I hear ACE 2 is a massive improvement.

I would recommend Climax U.C. and One Year War 0079 over Lost War Chronicles, though...

Bust Nak

Ace pilot is an action game, but leaning heavily to the simulation side than the arcade. The control is quite complicated: In space you control the roll and pitch of your suit and use the thruster to go in the direction you are facing, while the C stick control where the camera and where you shoot. On the ground it's simular to the usual gundam games. There are is even an option to for some suit to wear your shield on your back to hold you gun in both hand to improve the aim.

All your ranged weapon have limited ammo but you can refill at a battle ship. The damage is quite realistic, an AI zaku will be destroyed with one beam rifle shot from behind. Your own suit do get better the higher your pilot level is so you can even survive battle ship mega particle cannons. You can customise your pilot with a selection of skills like "ship killer" which allows you to target a ships bridge, "snipe" for zoom in view or "defence" for vulcun gunning enemy missles etc. You can also choose which weapons to bring on your mission. Nuclear bazooka for Zaku IIC is always good for a laugh.

There is a good varity of mission, some are quite hard and require you to level up your pilot a bit. The missions cover the whole of the one year war including the first colony drop (fredies in sabarfish are no match for a zaku) to what if mission for zeon side winning. I will boldy claim that MS gundam: Ace Pilot is the best gundam ever!

bloke

1Up loved it.
1up-20.gif

Makes me wonder what was Famitsu's 8/8/8/8 score all about.

Ichirou

Banned
bloke said:
1Up loved it.
1up-20.gif

Makes me wonder what was Famitsu's 8/8/8/8 score all about.

Sounds like a valid score. I played it a bit and thought it was really shitty. And this is coming from a diehard Gundam fan. :/

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ichirou_Oogami said:
Sounds like a valid score. I played it a bit and thought it was really shitty. And this is coming from a diehard Gundam fan. :/

...dammit. BTW, since you've played alot of these (I assume) which are the best Gundam games for the PS2?

Ichirou

Banned
Kintaro said:
...dammit. BTW, since you've played alot of these (I assume) which are the best Gundam games for the PS2?

Climax U.C. is not deep, but it's really fun and it has a TON of mobile suits covering MS Gundam, 8th MS Team, 0080, 0083, Zeta, ZZ, Char's Counterattack, and F91. One Year War 0079 is a really good game as well. Those are probably the best two Gundam games on PS2, not counding the G Generation strategy RPG games. Federation Vs. Zeon is a fun game, and Gundam Vs. Zeta Gundam improves on it in pretty much every way, though both are worth getting for their other modes of play.

Lost War Chronicles is ok, Encounters in Space is decent, Zeonic Front is decent, Journey to Jaburo is tripe. I don't know about any of the Seed games, as I've avoided those.

Top Bottom