• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey DCharlie... (Gundamnit!)

Bust Nak

Ichirou_Oogami said:
a diehard Gundam fan

o/\o

Kintaro said:
which are the best Gundam games for the PS2?

Climax UC - the last gundam game for this generation, is the best for the vas amount of suit you can unlock and control, but it's a bit too arcady, in some mission you ofthen come away with 80+ kills, and sometimes up to 3 digits kill, that just doesn't sound right for me, I've just wiped out the entire EFSF and you are telling me we've lost the war?! However it has pretty good graphics and presentation. I love the updated movie clips from the classic scenes. The make you own pilot mode is pretty fun.

The vs series are fun, takes some skills to become good at these games, each iteration is an improvment over the last.

Zeonic front is basically gundam with rainbow six style planning and team control, realistic style where a lowly tank can down you in one hit if you let it sneak up on you, where an enemy suit armed with a beam rifle is something to be afriad of. In this game you are not one of those ultra ace pilots in the tv show but a regular soldier fighting to survive a losing war along side your squad mates.

Gundam seed: neverending tomorrow is rubbish, avoid this one, it's a cut down / dumbed down version of encounters in space.

Encounters in Space has a solid main game, an on rail shooter. It also offer another mode where you get to pilot other suits in a more free form battle field and varied missions.

Lost War Chronicles is gound based only, the control is good, the fights are pretty intense with pretty good AI for both your team mates and enemy. This game you also play as a grunt rather than ace pilot which is a plus for me. The thing that hurts this game the most is that it's really short with 15 missions on each side.

Ichirou_Oogami said:
One Year War 0079 is a really good game as well.

One Year War was awesome until I got to that platforming section near the end of the game. Whoever decided to put that in the game should be shot.

I bought Ace Pilot for the Cube off of ebay last month for $10 brand new, haven't had a chance to play it yet, though.

After my Akihabara shopping spree this past July and aside from a few of the SEED/SEED Destiny games, I own every single Gundam game to be released in the 128-bit generation (DC, GC, PS2). Yes, yes, I'm insane.

Once I get a PS3, I will be picking up Gundam: Target in Sight. By then it should be $5-$10 new.

Top Bottom