• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Rumor Game Dev Hideo Kojima Could Be 'Consultant' on New Metal Gear Solid Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

Industry data analyst Millie Amand says Kojima is returning to the franchise. She posted on Twitter he would be involved with the series as an "ambassador" or "consultant."

Con-Z-epT

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2019

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Mar 8, 2021
tbh, as long he is involved i think its fine.
Im just disappointed it was not handled by Bluepoint.

Last edited:

SJRB

May 10, 2012
Directed by: NOT HIDEO KOJIMA
Written by: NOT HIDEO KOJIMA
Special Guest Star: NOT HIDEO KOJIMA

• LOL
Reactions: Vagswarm

ParaSeoul

Jun 23, 2021
What an insult to a legend, he should not accept just being a 'consultant' to his own baby
Hes not going to come back to direct something hes already done,he will give feedback on what they show him and tell to change what he doesn't like.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Oct 10, 2017
What an insult to a legend, he should not accept just being a 'consultant' to his own baby
What if he doesn’t want to make anymore metal gears?

but yeah these types of things happen all the time. COs make a decision that changes everything. Then more often than not In few years those COs are either no longer there and/or failing horribly so the company tries to revert back to before the change.

Draugoth

Formerly 'Dragonmoth'
Sep 8, 2021
There are multiple contradictions to the Kojima x Silent Hill Rumor things.

• Jeff Grubb said he was working with Xbox and implied during the Blue Box Conspiracy thing that Kojima wasnt working on Silent Hill
  • Gematsu says Kojima Productions is working on Silent Hill
  • VGC and +Mille A both said Kojima wasnt working on Silent Hill

jaysius

Oct 3, 2019

I still laugh to this day.
MGS series is full of fucking stupid to the max shit, like the retarded scene in 4 where the guy does "gun fingers" and kills a ton of people... or the farting man that ruins every good scene in 4... or 85% of the story.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
May 19, 2019
MGS series is full of fucking stupid to the max shit, like the retarded scene in 4 where the guy does "gun fingers" and kills a ton of people... or the farting man that ruins every good scene in 4... or 85% of the story.

Only someone with 200+ IQ like Kojima can understand the deep social commentary at play in this scene, entire essays have been written about how MGS4 would not be a game worth playing without its inclusion and would lose its anti war message.

Elios83

Jun 30, 2004
Emm why is this Millie A coming from nowhere suddenly everywhere? :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Did she get a couple of things right in a myriad of guesses like most Twitter insiders?

Last edited:

michaelius

Banned
Jan 5, 2012
Is this actually existing person? I though it's fake account used by someone as disguise to leak stuff

DarthPutin

Jun 14, 2021
People again take random rumor as gospel... I know this account got some things right, but it's still more than a little dubious. Some people say that this photo is stock photo or something like that, for example. And last year "she" was youtube analyst. No hate, but maybe smarter to wait a little before discussing it so seriously.

FrankWza

Feb 14, 2013
Isn’t that what ended up happening with MGR? That game was phenomenal. I know it was a different genre but it used Fox engine and featured a pretty big character and is considered canon

Bonfires Down

Jul 31, 2007
I don't think he's going to be able to keep his fingers out of every pie there and get frustrated when he doesn't get his way. It would be better for him to pretend the game doesn't exist.