• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima does not deny, nor confirm, a future PC release for Death Stranding

CyberPanda

Banned
At Tribeca 2019, Hideo Kojima talked a bit about his upcoming title, Death Stranding. What’s really interesting, at least for PC fans, is that Kojima did not deny a future PC release for his highly anticipated game.

When he was asked whether there were still plans for a PC release, Hideo Kojima dodged the question and he did not deny a future PC release. At the same time, Kojima did not also confirm a PC release so it’s not 100% certain whether we’ll see this game on the PC. We do know that Kojima wanted this game to come out on both PS4 and PC, however Sony may interfere and turn this into a “real” (and not timed) exclusive game on the Playstation devices.

Q: Is there still a PC version?
A: Didn't really answer it#Tribeca2019
— Michelle Jaworski (@michejaw) April 25, 2019

Now as we all know, developers usually dodge such questions when they cannot talk about their future plans. After all, the same thing happened with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain; a game that sold well on the PC platform. As such, I’m pretty sure that Kojima could very well debunk the PC rumours if his team did not plan on bringing it to our platform.

Our guess is that Death Stranding will come to the PC a year after its console release (do note that we are merely guessing here). The game is currently planned for release on PS4, however I’m almost certain that Kojima Productions will also port it to PS5. Whether the PC version is planned for release after the PS5 version remains a mystery.

Still, the good news here is that Kojima did not deny a future PC release so let’s hope that Death Stranding will, one day, come out on our platform!

Stuart360

As much as I love Kojima for his games and sheer creativity, I don't worship him or even think he's close to a God. Don't forget that he collaborates with some of the best artists and developers. He's just amazing at creating a singular vision with a game while collaborating at the same time.
I know you dont, i wasn't saying it against you, just having a bit of banter lol.

EDMIX

Well with Sony funding, Sony publishing and Sony owning the engine ....I think he might be that way because its not even up to him in the first place.

At this point I dont know if he can even confirm a PS4 release lol. I just looked up release dates for Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain...they are a year and a half apart and the game still wasnt finished. It was only because Konami jumped in that something had to be put out, otherwise the game would of never come out. Im not saying rush the game, but so far we had 3 trailers, the last one being shown 8 months ago and since then theres still nothing about the story or the gameplay. For 8 months there was nothing but twitter posts and probably we wont have anything until E3 which by then would be 10 month radio silence just to probably get another trailer. If the game is as far as they claim, there would of been some story synopsis, not to reveal plots but to say hey you are this, in this world, trying to do this and this.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Some people don't understand that not all "doesn't answer" mean "yes. "

I'm amazed someone wrote an article on a "no comment" and ignored all the actually meaningful things Kojima-san and Reedus said.

"Still, the good news here is that Kojima did not deny a future PC release."

Hate to break it to ya buddy, but "news" doesn't mean what you think it means.

Last edited:

GrayChild

As much as I love Kojima for his games and sheer creativity, I don't worship him or even think he's close to a God. Don't forget that he collaborates with some of the best artists and developers. He's just amazing at creating a singular vision with a game while collaborating at the same time.

But God also collaborates with His many saints and angels, so he didn't do everything solely by himself.

Hudo

I remember that there were talks of a PC version before Kojima decided to use the Decima engine. Then, all talks of a PC version just stopped. I just assumed that the usage of Decima kinda came with the clause of platform exclusivity or something, since it is basically Sony's inhouse engine (Well, it's Guerilla Games', but you know what I mean).

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
don't think it'll come to PC. all his fanbois are on Playstation anyway. the less Kojima games infesting PC the better.

Tipton32

Im still not sold on this game but I do think a PC release should happen and hopefully same time as the console release. Really hating this whole wait a year or longer for a PC release.

johntown

Banned
No denial is confirmation enough for me.

However, if it turns out to be a launch title for PS5 I will most likely get it there and if it is good double-dip on PC later.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Other studio would have said "ask to Sony, they own the IP", but Kojima don't want say that

But they don't own the IP.

Kojima-san likely didn't answer simply because it was a massively off-topic question, and he most probably doesn't even know yet.

Last edited:

Bakkus

Is this MiyazakiHatesKojima account actually banned? Because i'm sure i've seen him listed as such for many days, yet he keeps posting.

If I had to guess I would say it's console exclusive and the contract that he's agreed to says he can't say anything about other platforms until whatever period after launch has passed. Just my 2 cents.

A.Romero

Sad to say that I doubt it will have a PC port.

I'll get a PS5 for this game and double dip if it happens to come to PC.

Top Bottom