• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima hosting podcasts (in Japanese :()

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
karasu said:
Why are people acting as if it take immense amounts of time to post in a blog or record yourself asking your coworkers a few questions? 0_o
Seriously.

"You ever keep a diary, Otsuka? Nope, never did that. Really? Too busy with work and homework and shit. Oh yeah? ... Listen to the radio? Loved it when I was in grade school. ... Before this kinda work, I was a truck driver and I listened to it then too."

Doesn't take a lot of work.

The intro and outro probably took a little time to mix, but the actual podcast part? Sneak it in before lunch and you're good. Not a big time waster.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Have we every considered that perhaps Hideo Kojima is a robot? Possibly from the future, sent back in time to prevent some horrible video game related catastrophe.

Zaptruder

Banned
C- Warrior said:
Kojima is Producer
Kojima is Husband
Kojima is Father
Kojima is PR
Kojima is Blogger
Kojima is interviewer/podcaster
Kojima is Game Celebrity
Kojima is Writer
Kojima is Director *aka fuckin LEAD game designer*
Kojima is GOD behind MGS4 through and through.

He's also vice president of Konami.

Basically, the guy is just extremely driven... and while his team works with him to nut out the finer details, I guess what the guy is good is, is conveying his idea; forming these cohesive games in his head and just spilling it out so that his team understands. I'd imagine he'd also take input from his team, but yeah... most of the stuff in the game is the result of a very solid vision in his head.
In order to do that then... it just encompasses a large variety of roles; so really, he's just a game designer, but with executive power... as opposed to many other game designers who have lots of responsibility but no where the kind of power and influence to singularly make a game their vision.

Amir0x

Banned
I don't know why C-Warrior is being so wankery about this subject. Maybe some of C- Warriors relatives are working on MGS4 and complain about Kojima taking all the lime light.

Anyway, I understand the concerns... but er, I can't say that I care. So long as a good game comes out of it. And it always does...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Wow people seem to not like Kojima that much. To bad it only takes us a few mintues to post here. For some reason people think it takes 5 hours to right a blog.

DCharlie

Banned
Kojima is Producer
Kojima is Husband
Kojima is Father
Kojima is PR
Kojima is Blogger
Kojima is interviewer/podcaster
Kojima is Game Celebrity
Kojima is Writer
Kojima is Director *aka fuckin LEAD game designer*
Kojima is GOD behind MGS4 through and through
Kojima is wrong though when he says MGS4 can be done on X360, despite being ace at everything else, he just doesn't understand his own game.

C- Warrior missed one.

Jonnyram

Amir0x said:
I don't know why C-Warrior is being so wankery about this subject. Maybe some of C- Warriors relatives are working on MGS4 and complain about Kojima taking all the lime light.
I think it's because so much of GAF are constantly slobbering over the ground Kojima walks on. It's obvious from the credits list for MGS4 that he isn't producing and directing it by himself, yet people here seem to give him all the credit for it.

Jonnyram said:
I think it's because so much of GAF are constantly slobbering over the ground Kojima walks on. It's obvious from the credits list for MGS4 that he isn't producing and directing it by himself, yet people here seem to give him all the credit for it.

Probably because if it doesn't live up to MGS3, neither Murata or Imaizumi are going to take the heat for it. But beside that, he was the only one listed as the producer and director of the past 3 MGS games, and people don't want to seem to give him the credit for everything he was listed as doing.

cvxfreak

Never understood the Kojima love myself. His games aren't exactly flawless. Not even Miyamoto seems to get that kind of respect around here, and he's far better and more impacting than Kojima.

BigBoss

cvxfreak said:
Never understood the Kojima love myself. His games aren't exactly flawless. Not even Miyamoto seems to get that kind of respect around here, and he's far better and more impacting than Kojima.

When was the last time Miyamoto actually directed a game?

Jonnyram

BigBoss said:
Oh look... now you've done it cvxfreak :lol
So Kojima directs his games but Miyamoto doesn't. Better grab the popcorn and let the mass debaters do their stuff.

cvxfreak

BigBoss said:

It's not so much just directing a game that defines a person but his overall contribution to gaming. Kojima's huge, and so's Mikami, Kamiya, the folks over at Square Enix, Alexi Popov, Satoshi Tajiri... Miyamoto still gives tons of advice to the development of Nintendo titles (Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, nintendogs, etc.), and even Kojima himself sees Miyamoto as a true hero of some sort.

cvxfreak said:
It's not so much just directing a game that defines a person but his overall contribution to gaming. Kojima's huge, and so's Mikami, Kamiya, the folks over at Square Enix, Alexi Popov, Satoshi Tajiri... Miyamoto still gives tons of advice to the development of Nintendo titles (Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, nintendogs, etc.), and even Kojima himself sees Miyamoto as a true hero of some sort.

You're talking about this forum though. Which is very much "What have you done for me lately". Before GoW, Jaffe was rarely ever, if ever, talked about on these forums. Now he's very popular here just after that 1 game even though he'd been heavily involved and directed TMB before. But lets not act like Nintendo fans don't go crazy over Miyamoto here still. Hell they go crazy over Reggie who's nothing more than the Flavor Flav of Nintendo.

cvxfreak

SolidSnakex said:
You're talking about this forum though. Which is very much "What have you done for me lately". Before GoW, Jaffe was rarely ever, if ever, talked about on these forums. Now he's very popular here just after that 1 game even though he'd been heavily involved and directed TMB before.

Yep. And you're probably a wonderful contributor. :p

GameFAQs seems to have a greater appreciation for Miyamoto in general. For better or worse.

Jonnyram said:

That pretty much sums it up. The guys directing MGS4 right next to Kojima deserve some recognition too. But then there is always the factor that maybe they don't want to be recognized, so who knows.

C- Warrior said:
That pretty much sums it up. The guys directing MGS4 right next to Kojima deserve some recognition too. But then there is always the factor that maybe they don't want to be recognized, so who knows.

So then you're willing to give Kojima credit for everything he did in MGS1-3 as he's the only one linked to those roles, or are you just going to assume its impossible to do because some others developers can't?

DCharlie

Banned
So then you're willing to give Kojima credit for everything he did in MGS1-3 as he's the only one linked to those roles, or are you just going to assume its impossible to do because some others developers can't?

do you know he did everything those roles though?
seems like both sides don't know , with the supports saying he did do it and the doubters saying he didn't.

Given the amount of bitching from developers at various teams about miscrediting , i wouldn't be surprised if this was going on at team Kojima.

The cocksucking though - that's undeniable.

DCharlie said:

Nope, only can go by what's listed. Maybe he didn't do it all, but i'd think there should be more proof than "Well these people can't do it, so he shouldn't be able either" before saying he didn't do it all.

Anyway, Kojima's mentioned that MGS PSP might show up at Konami Gamers Day. He's not directing it, so whoever is will get all the credit for it. Rejoice!

DCharlie said:
seems like both sides don't know , with the supports saying he did do it and the doubters saying he didn't.

Given the amount of bitching from developers at various teams about miscrediting , i wouldn't be surprised if this was going on at team Kojima.

The cocksucking though - that's undeniable.

The cocksucking is a given, indeed -- there are about 30 GAF lips on his penis as we speak.

Top Bottom