• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High budget first party PS3 title canceled - OR NOT See #211

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Foil said:
It showed so much promise when we first saw the flight combat. I still hope that it'll turn around like Crimson Skies did. Wasn't that facing similar problems and a new group came in and saved it? Turned out to be a great game.

yepp. Still sold like shit though, so no sequal :(

I would kill for a sequal on 360.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
mckmas8808 said:
You have your videogame forums mixed up. GAF has always liked Warhawk. Go back to Gamefaqs. I think that's who you are thinking about.

Reading comprehension FTL.

I'm saying that I was under the impression Sony fans on GAF have always like Warhawk. Which is why I was surprised to find folks in here shrugging off this rumor with comments like "crappy" etc.

Wollan said:
So off topic and brainwashed it hurts but. Factor 5 is working on a second PS3 title correct? *

incorrect

Factor 5's second PS3 game titled animal warfare or something was canceled or put on hold and Getaway was never really a game only a tech demo

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Twisted Metal Black?
War of the Monsters?

True, though, they have seemed to struggle as of late. I remember Singletrac.

those are oldies, I was talking about something newer, like the last 3 or 4 years

Doom_Bringer said:
incorrect

Factor 5's second PS3 game titled animal warfare or something was canceled or put on hold and Getaway was never really a game only a tech demo

Dude, the Getaway is definitely not just a tech demo. There is a game on the way based on that tech demo.

LJ11

Y2Kevbug11 said:
You know what? If you want to call out "GAF," some amorphous, shape-shifting non-entity as a holder of some singular opinion to be ridiculed, then you need to step the **** off. There are individuals in the thread saying Warhawk is/was crappy, GAF is not saying Warhawk was crappy-- and if you want to call out those individuals, do it with proof from the past. Calling out "GAF" is easy, cheap, and flamebait.

Give me a break.

Nicely put.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Doom_Bringer said:
incorrect

once again, you don't know what you are talking about.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Originally Posted by Doom_Bringer:
Incog hasn't released a decent game in a while... all they do is burn money. millions on Jaffe's PSP game, warhawk, no hits on PS2.... I think the studio will be dissolved and most employees let go. The tech should be easy to replicate...

This post wasn't that bad. Getter a little better.

The only reason it's bad is that it's incorrect. On ALL accounts by the way. As in, go thru each of his complaints (millions spent on my game + Warhawk being in trouble+ no hits on Ps2) and you will find them not correct at all. But good try... asshole.

David

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Doom_Bringer said:
I learned about the Factor 5 bit from a Gaffer, you know Dante. He knows someone who works at Factor 5.
I was talking about your getaway comment.

davidjaffe said:
The only reason it's bad is that it's incorrect. On ALL accounts by the way. As in, go thru each of his complaints (millions spent on my game + Warhawk being in trouble+ no hits on Ps2) and you will find them not correct at all. But good try... asshole.

David
davidjaffe
The F*cking MAN.
(Today, 04:29 PM)

:lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
davidjaffe said:

David

Once again, Jaffe earns his title.

CowGirl

davidjaffe said:

David

Pwned by the Jaffe!

Doom_Bringer said:
after Getaway London I thought they might have learned a lesson

The game industry spews out crap based on what sells...not based on what's good necessarily.

The franchises setting, idea, and style are intriguing...it's just the execution that usually sucks. Maybe new hardware can help them better realize what they were trying to express before.
I wouldn't bet on it

fanduck

I've been surprised nobody posted this before until I realized the page was deleted. Yesterday the following was posted on the rumor report page:

"Weekend Update & WarHawk
from Rumor Reporter by Bruce

I’m going to be updating the blog a little later on Monday. Why?

Well, let’s just say I have some critical WarHawk news to post about, and can’t really post it until I learn more today. Certainly a report that you won’t want to miss if you own a PS3."

That is still on my Google Reader account, but the page that is linked has been deleted (hmm). I think this pretty well proves that WarHawk is the game he is talking about.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Bad_Boy said:
Shit, I might be crazy, but it doesnt sound like a terrible idea.

Make it MP only with around 30-40 max players at once, buddy list integration, deathmatch and team based online modes (TDM/CTF). Different aircrafts/vehicles and weapons, around 5 or so maps.

For 20 dollars or under and I'd buy it. It could be 3 gigs for all I care, I'd download it as long as they release it after they fix the background/resume downloading in march.

But I have a feeling it wont turn out like that. :/

I'll make it easier on them and only ask for 16 players online. And have only 4 maps instead of 5.

BUT make it $15
. I'll buy it day one.

How many of you guys would buy this Warhawk downloadable?

Mifune

Mehmber
Che is kind of right, though.

People in this thread have not only turned on Warhawk, but Incog and SCEA as entities.

It reminds me of Nintendo fans when Retro canceled some games and Metroid Prime looked to be in the toilet.

EDIT: Bravo, Jaffe.

davidjaffe said:
millions spent on my game + Warhawk being in trouble+ no hits on Ps2) and you will find them not correct at all. But good try... asshole.

David

million spent on your PSP game = got the info from your blog

No ps2 hits in the last three or four years. Yeah they made Downhill Domination, Twisted Metal, and War of Monsters but those are oldies

finally are you saying warhawk isn't canceled?

Kittonwy

Banned
davidjaffe said:

David

Jaffe to teh rescue!!! Thanks Jaffe, I have more and more respect for you everyday.
Indifferent2.gif

To sum up this thread:

Doombringer taking a rumor at face value
Che once again baiting gaf in a Sony-related thread
Gaf goes into panic mode
omgohnoes1.gif

Jaffe rescue ftmfw

gladtomeetya.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So yeah, now I'm confused.

Jaffe -- everyone stfu.
Insidurz -- I hear bad things!

Hmmmmm

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Doom:

I am saying millions were NOT spent on my game...I never said that in my blog. And if I did, I am sorry for calling you out but since we did not spent that much, I would be stunned if I wrote that we had.

As for Incog's track record, TM:BLACK sold amazing, TM HEAD ON sold AMAZING; the other games were did well with reviews and have many fans but did not deliver the sales I'm sure Incog would have wanted. But they were both solid, creative games loved by many. They were in no way bombs.

I can't speak to the WarHawk situation as it's not my place. But I can tell you that what you guys are saying about the title is not correct.

David

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Doom_Bringer said:
No ps2 hits in the last three or four years. Yeah they made Downhill Domination, Twisted Metal, and War of Monsters but those are oldies

But the other side of that is that they didn't make ANY PS2 titles in the timeframe you're mentioning. So it's not like they made titles after Downhill Domination that failed.. at least not to my knowledge.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
mckmas8808 said:
How many of you guys would buy this Warhawk downloadable?
I would.

and btw, while we are talking about it. downhill domination owned. I would kill for a next gen version.

teiresias

davidjaffe said:
I can't speak to the WarHawk situation as it's not my place. But I can tell you that what you guys are saying about the title is not correct.

David

OMG, game moved to DS confirmed!!!!!! :lol :D

element

I have heard that warhawk could be moved to a downloadable game on PSN for a couple months now, but it was all word of mouth stuff, so no idea on how accurate it was. but that game can't be in good shape right now.

the addition of the ground levels just seemed to mess it up, imo.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
chespace said:
Reading comprehension FTL.

I'm saying that I was under the impression Sony fans on GAF have always like Warhawk. Which is why I was surprised to find folks in here shrugging off this rumor with comments like "crappy" etc.

I know that. That's the thing. I didn't see many Sonyfans shurgging it off as crappy. It seems to me that they want the game and are sad to hear the news.

FredFish

Considering the hysteria surrounding the console "wars" on the internet my guess is that the rumoured game they are referring to is....Calling All Cars.
Only four levels Mr. Jaffe?

davidjaffe said:
Doom:

I am saying millions were NOT spent on my game...I never said that in my blog. And if I did, I am sorry for calling you out but since we did not spent that much, I would be stunned if I wrote that we had.

As for Incog's track record, TM:BLACK sold amazing, TM HEAD ON sold AMAZING; the other games were did well with reviews and have many fans but did not deliver the sales I'm sure Incog would have wanted. But they were both solid, creative games loved by many. They were in no way bombs.

David

oh yeah I forgot about Head on, that was pretty good. Nice to hear that Warhawk isn't canceled or anything like that. Sorry about spreading false info! I honestly thought you wasted millions on the PSP project :D

Diablos

I sure hope it isn't canceled. Not to mention, it's featured on the back of the PS3 box; clearly, this is a title they want people to pay attention to. So canceling it would not be a very good thing.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
FredFish said:
Considering the hysteria surrounding the console "wars" on the internet my guess is that the rumoured game they are referring to is....Calling All Cars.
Only four levels Mr. Jaffe?
Read his blog. CAC is doing well last I heard.

davidjaffe said:

David

Who are you ? No, this is not a joke question.

Doom_Bringer said:

million spent on your PSP game = got the info from your blog

finally are you saying warhawk isn't canceled?

So Doom thinks he is qualified to argue with David F***in' Jaffe on what went on with HIS game.

...I've seen it all, now.

Kittonwy said:
Jaffe to teh rescue!!! Thanks Jaffe, I have more and more respect for you everyday.
Indifferent2.gif

To sum up this thread:

Gaf goes into panic mode
omgohnoes1.gif

Jaffe rescue ftmfw

gladtomeetya.gif

For the love of Christ....

rage1973

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

To sum up this thread:

Gaf goes into panic mode
omgohnoes1.gif

Jaffe rescue ftmfw

gladtomeetya.gif
You should be the last one posting about being owned after you got served by Denis Dyack.

Top Bottom