• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Highest-paid child actors on television

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceres

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:
:O

I had no idea. I guess that explains the pay gap a little bit.

There's also the difference that when you go to a place like Disney, they're probably going to launch your music career as well. So while Miley might not get paid much for Hannah Montana, she still makes millions a year through various other means. Nick has no way to compete with that.

Big Ass Ramp said:
what's the plane meme?

When people post a pic in a thread of a plane taking off to suggest they've already left and are on their way. Some chick that Charlie had gone abroad to see mentioned marraige and kids and it instantly cut to a plane taking off.

I started laughing and had to explain the meme to my friends too :-/

Danielsan said:
Seriously?
Didn't that originate here?

I guess not, probably quite an old episode too.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Ceres said:
There's also the difference that when you go to a place like Disney, they're probably going to launch your music career as well. So while Miley might not get paid much for Hannah Montana, she still makes millions a year through various other means. Nick has no way to compete with that.
iCarly girl has a singing career too. You guys are underestimating exactly how big iCarly is. Disney wishes they thought of it first.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Air Zombie Meat said:
When people post a pic in a thread of a plane taking off to suggest they've already left and are on their way. Some chick that Charlie had gone abroad to see mentioned marraige and kids and it instantly cut to a plane taking off.

Ohh, ok. Thanks

edit: dp :(

Big-ass Ramp

esquire said:
iCarly girl has a singing career too. You guys are underestimating exactly how big iCarly is. Disney wishes they thought of it first.

Isn't one of her songs available for download for Rock Band? Seems like I remember it being free.

Dresden said:
That fat kid from Two and a Half Men is 16?
The guy who plays Miley's brother is 33.
29nt1dg.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
adamsappel said:
29nt1dg.jpg
The hell....
* Googles *
Oh wow... its true?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Amory Blaine said:
Two and a half men sucks so bad. How on earth is that kid making that kind of money?

Yeah it does but it is the highest rated comedy on television or at least it had been for quite a while.

Kusagari

The thing with iCarly is that Nick NEEDS to pay to keep the show and actors around. It's the only show they've had success with in truly challenging the Disney juggernauts.

Jay Sosa

DMczaf said:
Disney is making a killing off of these kids. $15K for Miley Cyrus?!

Why do you think she is so desperately trying to get out of her contract. Shes not only acting like a slut because she probably is one..

And wow @ at the salary of that kid in that Charlie Sheen show, I mean per EPISODE? That's crazy..

adamsappel said:
29nt1dg.jpg
mind completely blown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And holy crap wtf at the pay..

Where are the other 2 iCarly people.. do they really get paid that much less? Cause if so? Damn they got shafted hard.

Disney seems to lock down a larger pool of talent earlier to get good rates. When you have a kid any certain flow of cash has to be tempting and the deals are not New Edition getting ripped off back in the day.

Like how that one story of how Cyrus was not happy about Disney having the option for 1 more year of the show.
And on Conan I think Selena said the show now was the 3rd show she had been in before it worked.

Fixed1979

Amory Blaine said:
Two and a half men sucks so bad. How on earth is that kid making that kind of money?

It draws a good number of viewers, and it's in syndication...Based on the iCarly numbers above about 10 million more viewers.

elohel

X26 said:
fat kid makes enough to accurately imitate his co-star's off-set life, hookers and blow 24/7

lol ziiing

is he still doing that stuff?

charlie i mean aka old snake(did u guys see the pics?)

jonremedy

Spire said:
He deserves to be at the top of this list. Manny is amazing.

Definitively one of the better actors on television. I am dead serious. No wonder his agent managed to pull that rate.

Loxley

Amory Blaine said:

Compared to most shit-coms it's not that unbearable.

Besides, you think that kid making that much a year is bad? Charlie Sheen is one of the highest paid actors on TV, he gets something like $300,000 per episode of Two and a Half Men [edit: Huh...apparently it's twice that. Jesus.] Although the previous holder of that crown, Zach Braff, made $350,000 per-episode of Scrubs in his final few seasons on the show.

jonremedy

Loxley said:

Besides, you think that kid making that much a year is bad? Charlie Sheen is one of the highest paid actors on TV, he gets something like $300,000 per episode of Two and a Half Men. Although the previous holder of that crown, Zach Braff, made $350,000 per-episode of Scrubs in his final few seasons on the show.

Considering the kid makes 250k, I'd say Charlie Sheen is getting shafted:lol

Prez

So Two and a Half Men costs at least $2 million PER episode. How do the makers manage to get a profit?

Morts

Loxley said:

Besides, you think that kid making that much a year is bad? Charlie Sheen is one of the highest paid actors on TV, he gets something like $300,000 per episode of Two and a Half Men [edit: Huh...apparently it's twice that. Jesus.] Although the previous holder of that crown, Zach Braff, made $350,000 per-episode of Scrubs in his final few seasons on the show.

Didn't the cast of friends each make about a million per episode, or did someone make that up? If so I'm surprised the gap between then and now is so large.

Stabbie said:
So Two and a Half Men costs at least $2 million PER episode. How do the makers manage to get a profit?

I dunno, maybe they get royalties from companies placing ads? Also, it's the highest rated sitcom (I think) on TV.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Morts said:
Didn't the cast of friends each make about a million per episode, or did someone make that up? If so I'm surprised the gap between then and now is so large.

Kelsey Grammer made 1.3 million an episode in Frasiers final couple of seasons. And like someone else said Sheen makes 875K an episode not 300K.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Selena Gomez :3

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I dunno, maybe they get royalties from companies placing ads? Also, it's the highest rated sitcom (I think) on TV.

Thats a mystery just as big as Radio Shack (or The Shack) and its customers, I've never met someone who openly said they like Two and a Half Men (well, in real life).

Slurmer

Banned
Air Zombie Meat said:

It's been a pretty common comedic device before it was an internet meme

Stabbie said:
It is the highest rated sitcom in total viewers and in the important demographics. It also rakes in considerable money through syndication and DVD sales. Big Bang Theory is starting to be shopped around for syndication soon according to some articles, and I foresee Jim Parsons soon making a ton of money per episode for that, since the ratings keep climbing.

Holy shit at the difference between Cosgrove and Gomez, and holy shit at how little Hanna Montana gets paid per episode. I think its well deserved, since I think Cosgrove is the cutest of those girls, but Miley Cyrus is a household name, and hardly anyone knows who Miranda Cosgrove is. I guess iCarly is a lot more popular than I thought. Too bad it jumped the shark midway throught the second season.

Big-ass Ramp

Slurmer said:
It's been a pretty common comedic device before it was an internet meme

It seems like I remember seeing in Arrested Development once... Don't quote me on that, though.

ViperVisor said:
Saying Cosgrove is cuter than Gomez is like saying Lori Beth Denberg was cuter than Patti Mayonnaise.

That picture is actually kind of creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom