• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton Regains Momentum Against Donald Trump: Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/da...ns-momentum-against-donald-trump-poll-n650926
Among likely voters, 50 percent support Clinton and 45 percent support Trump. Among registered voters, she holds a 6-point lead over Trump — 49 percent to 43 percent. Last week, Clinton led Trump by 4 points among registered voters, 48 percent to 44 percent.
Great news!
Looks like people are finally seeing past all the lies being spewed against her!

Let's make this a landslide in Nov!!

Fuck hate! Fuck Trump!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
My guess is its going to bounce up and down like this from now until the election. Lets hope she is on a bump on Election Day and early election days

iavi

She was literally out sick for a week. I have no doubts the lead will return as she's back on the stump and Bams is putting himself on the ballot with her

It was bound to happen once she got back out there, with her surrogates in tow and Trump unable to stop being a massive dumpster fire.

Guevara

Looks like she's right back to where she was, pre-conventions.

A definite lead, if not exactly comfortable.

Toxi

Banned
She was literally out sick for a week. I have no doubts the lead will return as she's back on the stump and Bams is putting himself on the ballot with her
Wouldn't this poll have been taken when she was sick?

Not so fast OP

Hy4MjaG.png

dEAfwHt.png

entremet

She was pretty low profile for more than two weeks before that.

I have a feeling that will cost her the election.

I am not panicking and will vote for her, but I think she will stumble at the finish line. That's just what the year 2016 had been.

Veelk

Banned
I do find it helpful that the only reason they dropped is because something that was entirely out of her control....getting sick. And the moment she's better, she's back on top.

This says to me that god would literally need to strike her down with lightning to stop her, because there is nothing within Trump's control that he can do to stop her.

Lets hope God is a democrat.

anaron

She was pretty low profile for more than two weeks before that.

I have a feeling that will cost her the election.

I am not panicking and will vote for her, but I think she will stumble at the finish line. That's just what the year 2016 had been.
I mean, Bush was elected twice. It should never be underestimated how idiotic most of America truly is.

Guevara

I'm honestly dreading the debates. I'm really not sure it's possible to win a debate against a media entity like Trump. He will yell the loudest, and have the most soundbites, and get the most coverage.

BriGuy

I have a sneaking suspicion she's going to get October surprised the fuck out of contention by some over overblown bullshit. There's too much vested interest in keeping this a close race.

I'm honestly dreading the debates. I'm really not sure it's possible to win a debate against a media entity like Trump. He will yell the loudest, and have the most soundbites, and get the most coverage.

Yeah, but will that coverage actually benefit him, considering it seems likely he will offer up plenty of terrible ideas and lines.

Nipo

I have a sneaking suspicion she's going to get October surprised the fuck out of contention by some over overblown bullshit. There's too much vested interest in keeping this a close race.

Info from a Russian hack is my bet. Either real or convincing enough they can't disprove it in time.

Toxi

Banned
It's easy to win a debate against Donald Trump 1 on 1. He's terrible describing in-depth policy of any kind.

The problem is that you don't need to win a debate against Trump, you need to crush him. Otherwise you get the media praising him for not shitting in his pants.

Oriel

The news cycle is back focusing on yet another dumb comment to emanate from the Trump campaign. Let's hope Hillary has learnt to stay out of the media spotlight and just allow Trump do his usual thing of being a cunt. No off the cuff remarks by Clinton, just play it straight with pre-scripted speeches at rallies. That's what will keep her polling ahead of her rival.

I was just about to link to FiveThirtyEight. They updated their model two hours ago, and the race has tightened even more over the last week, due to all the health shenanigans. The gap is really tiny now.

Yup.

If Trump gains another 1% on her nationally it will put NH into play and get him to 270.

It's easy to win a debate against Donald Trump 1 on 1. He's terrible describing in-depth policy of any kind.

The problem is that you don't need to win a debate against Trump, you need to crush him. Otherwise you get the media praising him for not shitting in his pants.

There's that, which will definitely happen. However, Hillary also has a VERY delicate balancing act to achieve in the first debate: she needs to appear strong against Trump, i.e. don't let him talk over her or just her around, but also cannot appear too aggressive in the process. Otherwise, you'll hear the shitty rhetoric from pundits about her losing her cool (with the undertone that it is because she's a women) -- or worse yet, a shitty tweet from Trump implying it was that time of the month/menopause or something.

Blader

I was just about to link to FiveThirtyEight. They updated their model two hours ago, and the race has tightened even more over the last week, due to all the health shenanigans. The gap is really tiny now.

The gap is always going to be tiny. No one should really expect more than a couple points difference at most regardless of who wins.

Blader

The news cycle is back focusing on yet another dumb comment to emanate from the Trump campaign. Let's hope Hillary has learnt to stay out of the media spotlight and just allow Trump do his usual thing of being a cunt. No off the cuff remarks by Clinton, just play it straight with pre-scripted speeches at rallies. That's what will keep her polling ahead of her rival.

That's what she did in August. It only works for so long. At some point, once you've been out of the spotlight long enough, people start to lose interest.

I do find it helpful that the only reason they dropped is because something that was entirely out of her control....getting sick. And the moment she's better, she's back on top.

This says to me that god would literally need to strike her down with lightning to stop her, because there is nothing within Trump's control that he can do to stop her.

Lets hope God is a democrat.

Hope God isn't feeling that old testament itch

My guess is its going to bounce up and down like this from now until the election. Lets hope she is on a bump on Election Day and early election days

Same. I don't stress about the polls either way at this point. No candidate has a major lead, and I bet that will be the case all the way to November.

Gutek

That's only one poll. Overall you could say that Hillary is maybe stabilizing, but not improving.

Also, Trump flipped Florida recently.

dt0FKvd.jpg

As it stands, right now, Trump would only have to flip NH to win.

Ploid 3.0

I still can't believe this is happening. Donald Trump.. I'm sitting here laughing but it's so messed up. What is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom