• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hip Hop would be better without cursing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
"Tell him biggie took it what the heck he gonna do?"

"Tell him biggie took it what the FUCK he gonna do?"

Nah

You cant really say something like this if you're calling busta garbage

No, he's just a bad artist imo, not even a statik selektah\Q-tip track could save him. He shits up every track he is on.

And to the dude who said listen to better hip hop I do, A-1 and Atlus are my current favorites, and what I would call fun hip hop.

There are very few things in life that would be better without cursing.

Fixed that for you. Curse words are just another way of showing emotion. You'd have a point if you had said misogyny or homophobia but curse words don't detract from anything

[Clark Gable];35352429 said:
No, he's just a bad artist imo, not even a statik selektah\Q-tip track could save him. He shits up every track he is on.

And to the do who said listen to better hip hop I do, A-1 and Atlus are my current favorites, and what I would call fun hip hop.

bS5LW.gif

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
There are very few things in life that wouldn't be better without cursing.

Absolutely ridiculous opinion.

Profanity serves a vital purpose in that it perfectly and succinctly expresses emotions that cannot be properly conveyed without them. I'm not saying everybody needs to swear all the time- I know I do too much- but claiming it devalues songs, movies, whatever is crazy. Listen to good rap. Watch The Wire. Reeducate yourself.

I knew you were one of those types of people.
First you're all HIP-HOP DIED IN THE 90s and now you trying to say hip-hop and rap are two different genres of music.
Get outta here.

Damn right I am, you have nobody like we had. Nobody.

No disrespect but yo shit ain't my shit.

Xeke

Banned
Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can bang with us,
Straight up weed no angel dust, label us notorious, thug ass niggas that love to bust, it's strange to us,
You all niggas be scrambling gambling, up in restaurants with mandolins and violins,
We're just sitting here trying to win, trying not to sin,
High off weed and lots of gin, so much smoke need oxygen,
Steadily countin' them benjamins, nigga you should to if you knew what this game would do to you,
Been in this shit since '92, look at all the bullshit I've been through,
So called beef with you know who, fucked a few female stars or two,
Then a bluelight niggas knew like
Mike-shit not to be fuck with. Motherfucker better duck quick.
'cause me and my dogs love to buck shit, fuck the luck shit strictly aim
No asperation to quit the game.

Spit your game, talk your shit, grab your gat, call your clicks,
Squeeze your clip and hit the right one
Pass that weed l gotta light one

All them niggas l gotta fight one
All them hoes l gotta like one
Our situation is a tight one
What you wanna do? Fight or run?

Esch

Banned
First you're all HIP-HOP DIED IN THE 90s and now you trying to say hip-hop and rap are two different genres of music.
Get outta here.
Get outta here.
Get outta here.

Sadsic

Metal would be better if it wasn't pandering to 15 year old suburban white boys

Punk would be better if it wasn't pandering to 17 year old faux-anarchist vegans

Jazz Ensemble would be better if it wasn't pandering to 55 year old pop culture professors

Electronic Dance Music would be better if it wasn't pandering to confused 14-year olds

Post-Grunge would be better if it didn't completely fail at being aggressive or interesting

etc.

TheCrow

"The reason why I curse is because of my momma and my daddy. They grew up cursin. So please respect my style, please!"

Dmented

Banned
Nothing! I mean, have you turned it on in the last 7 years?

Nah I mean to go on what you were saying, you basically described what's most likely on the radio now. I haven't actually listened to radio stations in a little over 3 years. It was shit then and most likely shit now.

BTW: What's up with Bmore club music, still playing that shit? Last time I heard it was about when K-Swift died.

Damn right I am, you have nobody like we had. Nobody.

No disrespect but yo shit ain't my shit.

You can be all nostalgic and OG all you want, and you could even make a convincing case that some of the first and 2nd generation rappers body anybody out today.
But you cannot sit there and say that there aren't artists out there putting out some good ass hip-hop.
You just can't. You'd be wrong, factually wrong.

CRS

And to the dude who said listen to better hip hop I do, A-1 and Atlus are my current favorites, and what I would call fun hip hop.

Listen to People Under the Stairs. I think you would like a lot of their work. Very much fun hip-hop.

Esch

Banned

And to the do who said listen to better hip hop I do, A-1 and Atlus are my current favorites, and what I would call fun hip hop.

That's just a wrong opinion. He's a legend. Nobody has a style like he does. No one can imitate what he does. He's the feature king. You can say you don't like his style, but you can't deny his skill or his status.

You can be all nostalgic and OG all you want, and you could even make a convincing case that some of the first and 2nd generation rappers body anybody out today.
But you cannot sit there and say that there aren't artists out there putting out some good ass hip-hop.

Son is an old man at 25 years of age. he's going to call the number four 3 no matter what you say.

You can just ignore him, he was in the NBA thread a while back doing the same pretentious nostalgia schtick , "LOL modern-NBA fans" and what not.

He's just out of touch.

Nah I mean to go on what you were saying, you basically described what's most likely on the radio now. I haven't actually listened to radio stations in a little over 3 years. It was shit then and most likely shit now.

I've listened in the last three and its really really sad. What's worse is that people buy this shit which causes more and more shit music. There is no hip hop anymore, just techno with shitty rappers making shitty, easy rhymes.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

What the fuck?

Kusagari

I like A-1 but praising him while calling Busta garbage?

tumblr_lrf8gtqX6W1r2l73so1_500.gif

I believe and by I, I mean I, that this current shit isn't even fit to be played in the car. You can't even ROLL to it. But it's just me. I'm a crusty old hip hop head man, I'll be the first to admit.

and you're right you ain't got nobody who could body biggie. Nobody. :)

dream

I kind of agree with the premise and here's why:

I ain't no joke, I use to let the mic smoke
Now I slam it when I'm done and make sure it's broke
When I'm gone no one gets on 'cuz I won't let
Nobody press up and mess up the scene I set
I like to stand in a crowd and watch the people wonder, damn
But think about it then you'll understand
I'm just an addict, addicted to music
Maybe it's a habit, I gotta use it

Even if it's jazz or the quiet storm
I hook a beat up convert it in to hip-hop form
Write a rhyme in graffiti in, every show you see me in
Deep concentration 'cuz I'm no comedian
Jokers are wild if you wanna be tame
I treat you like a child then you're gonna be named
Another enemy, not even a friend of me
'Cuz you'll get fried in the end when you pretend to be

Competing 'cuz I just put your mind on pause
And I can beat you when you compare my rhyme wit' yours
I wake you up and as I stare in your face you seem stunned
Remember me, the one you got your idea from?
But soon you start to suffer the tune'll get rougher
When you start to stutter that's when you had enough of
Biting it'll make you choke, you can't provoke
You can't cope, you should of broke because I ain't no joke

I got a question, as serious as cancer
Who can keep the average dancer
Hyper as a heart attack, nobody's smiling
'Cuz you're expressing the rhyme that I'm styling
This is what we all sit down to write
You can't make it so you take it home, break it and bite
Use pieces and bits of all the hip-hop hits
Get the style down packed then it's time to switch

Put my tape on pause and add some more to yours
Then you fake it, you're ready for the neighborhood chores
The E M C E E don't even try to be
When you come up to speak, don't even lie to me
You like to exaggerate, dream and imaginate
Then change the rhyme around that can aggravate me
So when you see me come up, freeze
Or you'll be one of those seven MC's

They think that I'm a new jack but only if they knew that
They who think wrong are they who can't do that
Style that I'm doing, they might ruin
Patterns of paragraphs based on you and
Your offbeat DJ, if anything he play
Sound familiar, I'll wait till E say
Play 'em, so I'ma have to dis and bro
You could get a smack for this, I ain't no joke

I hold the microphone like a grudge
B'll hold the record so the needle don't budge
I hold a conversation 'cuz when I invent
I nominated my DJ the president
When I'm see I'll, people freestyle, going steadily
So pucker up and whistle my melody
But whatever you do, don't miss one
They'll be another rough rhyme after this one

Before you know it, you're following and fiending
Waiting for the punch line to get the meaning
Like before the moral of my story I'm telling
Nobody beats the R, so stop yelling
Save it, put it in your pocket for later
'Cuz I'm moving the crowd and B a record fader
No interruptions till the mic is broke
When I'm gone, then you can joke

'Cuz everything is real on a serious tip
Keep playing and I get furious quick
And I take you for a walk through hell
Freeze your dome then watch your eyeballs swell
Guide you out of triple stage darkness
When it get dark again then I'ma spark this
Microphone 'cuz the heat is on, you see smoke
And I'm finish when the beat is gone, I'm no joke

Metal would be better if it wasn't pandering to 15 year old suburban white boys

Punk would be better if it wasn't pandering to 17 year old faux-anarchist vegans

Jazz Ensemble would be better if it wasn't pandering to 55 year old pop culture professors

Electronic Dance Music would be better if it wasn't pandering to confused 14-year olds

Post-Grunge would be better if it didn't completely fail at being aggressive or interesting

etc.

We'd all be better if we didn't pander.

I believe and by I, I mean I, that this current shit isn't even fit to be played in the car. You can't even ROLL to it. But it's just me. I'm a crusty old hip hop head man, I'll be the first to admit.

and you're right you ain't got nobody who could body biggie. Nobody. :)

Theres someone out there that bodied Biggie, the police just haven't found him yet.
PAZOW!
too soon?

BTW: What's up with Bmore club music, still playing that shit? Last time I heard it was about when K-Swift died.
I moved from BAltimore a while ago, but it's all over the radio Friday and Saturday nights. I never really fucked with it, but it was still sad when K Swift died, she was a Baltimore icon.

Baltimore Club Music>>>>>>DC Go Go>>>>>Anything on Radio now except Drake>>>>>Drake

Dmented

Banned
I moved from BAltimore a while ago, but it's all over the radio Friday and Saturday nights. I never really fucked with it, but it was still sad when K Swift died, she was a Baltimore icon.

Baltimore Club Music>>>>>>DC Go Go>>>>>Anything on Radio now except Drake>>>>>Drake

I tend to like Go Go more, raised by DC natives so I have more ties there.

Kinyou

Are Hip-Hop fans the original hipsters? I feel like the rule of thumb is that the lesser know the rapper is the better he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom