• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Prurient

Banned
Great post, all of this would be excellent and would remedy my complaints. The fact that a tangible item like a camera lens or party invitation gets put into the game category as a rumor you hear every time you start the level is messy.

I wonder if they'll be able to make any big changes like that come season 2. It seems like everything will abide by the architecture and ecosystem they've laid out, and the focus will be on churning out content rather than significant UI or system changes. I haven't followed the game since release though so maybe they've already done things like that.

They've definitely made changes to the main menu UI afaik, so it should be possible. The general layouts have changed a fair bit, and I'm pretty sure the option to get a bit of flavour text for each item and suit was added in and not present from the start.

There has also been some changes to in-game systems too. For instance, when blending in originally you couldn't see who would spot you when you left the blending in spot. At some point they added the open circle to show this.

So how does poison work in this? Is it ultra delayed or do you need to stick around after they start drinking it or it to work? This dude is walking around rather happily after drinking it.

What type of poison? Lethal and emetic should be within seconds, I've never used sedative

Emetic. It was the intro freeform mission. I let him pick up the glass and started walking away. Came back after he'd been to the area that he goes to in the guided version of the mission and he took another drink from the glass again and no effect. Found another way but damnit I thought I was being smart.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Does it support PS4 Pro?

Planning to get on Xbox, but if supports the pro then gotta think.

Yes.

No ifs or buts about it - Hitman represents a solid improvement on PlayStation 4 Pro. 1440p resolution, better texture streaming and faster frame-rates.

2560x1440p resolution
Significantly faster loading times and texture streaming
Improved texture filtering
Performance on average is at least 10fps higher
30fps lock never drops a frame

How do the last 4 episodes stack up in comparison to the first two?

This is unreal. Soo good! How did you guys play this? Mission through mission, or just replayed one a lot before moving on to the next?

tchocky

This is unreal. Soo good! How did you guys play this? Mission through mission, or just replayed one a lot before moving on to the next?

I think it is best to play each level until you get to Level 20 mastery then move onto the next one and when all levels are complete go back and do some more challenges and escalations.

Emetic. It was the intro freeform mission. I let him pick up the glass and started walking away. Came back after he'd been to the area that he goes to in the guided version of the mission and he took another drink from the glass again and no effect. Found another way but damnit I thought I was being smart.

Emetic only induces vomiting (which sets up a drowning kill if they go to a toilet). I would assume he went to a bathroom, threw up for a while, then came back. Poisoned food/drink only stays poisoned until eaten/drank once.

Episodes 3-5 are all very different from each other. People have ranked them very differently.

Episode 6 is widely considered another high point along right next to episode 2.

Those of us who have been playing all season are definitely going to recommend replaying each episode a lot. You don't have to get every episode to level 20 - just go until you feel ready to see something new.

sonicmj1

Got it during the Steam sale, and I've been playing each mission twice before moving onto the next one. Also took a crack at the Elusive Target and narrowly screwed up. Ah well.

Game is awesome. Just beat Marakesh. There's so much content to chew on here.

I bought this during the 50% Steam sale. It is the best game I have played since MGSV. ZOMG.

The open-ended way all the missions play out gives it the same sort of playground feeling of MGSV's best missions. Everything reacts to what you do, and you can always adapt to make up for it.

MaKTaiL

There are two glasses of wine there. He only drinks from one. Maybe you poisoned the wrong one.

xrnzaaas

Quick question - does the Hitman Complete First Season from the current PSN sale include everything or do you have to buy the summer episode separately (and if so - how much is it?)?

Jintor

Yeah, they patched it awhile ago so lethal poison would count for it. Rat poison is safer if you don't know the target is the only one who touches the drink/food.

But what seems to happen with this ET is if you wait by a door and leave once he dies it counts as a body spotted. Probably to prevent cheese with explosives, but damn that sucks to find out this way.

it was addressed earlier in the thread but you gotta wait until 'posion kill' pops up so the game knows to subtract the body found

KORNdoggy

Well that was bullshit. Finally got around to doing the elusive. Got SA, even have the challenge ticked in the career menu and yet no terminus outfit, only the gloved tuxedo :/

Stoze

Finally moved on from Paris (after 20+ hours) and finished my first run of Sapienza. This is pretty much guaranteed to make my goty list at this point.

AngryMoth

One thing I hope they do with season 2 is add some more varied mission objectives in addition to the assassinations, kind of like how Sapienza has you destroying the virus. I had the idea that maybe you could need to frame someone for one of the kills and there could be various ways of planting evidence or blackmailing someone into putting the blame on them.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
One thing I hope they do with season 2 is add some more varied mission objectives in addition to the assassinations, kind of like how Sapienza has you destroying the virus. I had the idea that maybe you could need to frame someone for one of the kills and there could be various ways of planting evidence or blackmailing someone into putting the blame on them.

I think if they do that it should be a bonus thing for score not mission critical. I like the idea of the virus but it was always such a pain when you're trying to do challenges or something and then you have to go down there and do the same thing over and over.

I finally got around to finishing the season finally completing the hotel, colorado, and Japan these past two days.
Damn Colorado was tough, Japan was fun, I threw like 9 body guards off a cliff

mf.luder

I messed up the The Chef, god dammit. Now the wait until the next target. I stupidly picked up a knife in front of a kitchen worker and that sent the mission to hell.

Ammogeddon

Just bought this at the perfect time.

Complete season - check
Discounted to £25 - check
Pro enhanced- check

Love doing the perfect hit. I've already spent ages on Sapioza exploring the world and options for how to complete it.

Reposting my escalations difficulty rankings with today's new escalation added. The Caden Composition is mainly an easy escalation for optimizing a speedrun route, although the final two complications turn us all into speedrunners.

All difficulty ratings are based on escalation level 5 (sometimes level 4, because Wild Card sometimes makes level 5 easier). Also, short descriptions as a reminder of what each one was about.

Very easy: can be brute-forced with no pressure and no real risk of failure.
- The Osterman Mosaic (The Showstopper) - saber and lasers
- The Marsden Isotopy (The Showstopper) - shotgun bartenders
- The Ezekiel Paradox (The Showstopper) - waiter explosion
- The Sigma Illusion (World of Tomorrow) - chef and laptop
- The Szilassi Darkness (World of Tomorrow) - sniper headshots
- The Scorpio Directive (World of Tomorrow) - Sapienza lasers

Easy: can be mostly brute-forced but there is some pressure and you can fail if you don't know what you're doing.
- The Snorrason Ascension (The Final Test) - colonel and soldier
- The Einarsson Inception (Guided Training) - Norfolk and guard
- The Mandelbulb Requiem (The Showstopper) - laptop and lasers
- The Granville Curiosity (The Showstopper) - toilet puzzle
- The Hexagon Protocol (The Showstopper) - garden landmines
- The Videl Cataclysm (The Showstopper) - hot disguise
- The Apeiron Sadness (World of Tomorrow) - triple explosions
- The Selmone Mimesis (World of Tomorrow) - wine cellar kills

Average: requires moderate setup or tricky steps or execution, but no real risk of failure once you know what you're doing.
- The Holmwood Disturbance (The Showstopper) - vampire magician
- The Gemini Fiasco (The Showstopper) - Kruger and Sato
- The Shapiro Omen (The Showstopper) - body hiding puzzle
- The Perkins Disarray* (The Showstopper) - auction sabotage
- The Teague Temptation (The Showstopper) - balcony push
- The Scarlatti Covenant (World of Tomorrow) - three minutes
- The Andersen Animosity* (World of Tomorrow) - saber, PI, psychologist (hard if you want silent assassin)
- The Kilie Agitation (A Gilded Cage) - shisha cafe kills
- The Sokoloff Sophistication (A Gilded Cage) - shoe shop kills
- The Ataro Caliginosity (A House Built on Sand) - fortune teller and bodyguards
- The Caden Composition (Club 27) - recording studio kills

Hard: requires heavy setup, difficult steps or high-level execution, and/or you can fail even if you know what you're doing.
- The Kerner Disquiet (The Showstopper) - loud weapons
- The Seeger Beguilement (The Showstopper) - cameraman accidents
- The Gladwyn Simulacrum (World of Tomorrow) - rapid elimination streak
- The Eccleston Illumination (World of Tomorrow) - plague katana
- The Agana Abyss (The Icon) - shotguns or explosions
- The Ignatiev Integrity (A Gilded Cage) - fire, safe, shotgun
- The Lupei Sensitivity* (A Gilded Cage) - masseur and laptop (very hard if you want silent assassin)
- The Reziko Conundrum (A Gilded Cage) - shopkeeper, repairmen, landmines
- The Somsak Equation (Club 27) - bodies in freezer

Very hard: there is no trick to these, there is a high risk of failure, and it all comes down to your skills.
- The Kotti Paradigm (The Showstopper) - battle axe, suit only
- The Mallory Misfortune (Freedom Fighters) - deadly stalker
- The Meiko Incarnation (Situs Inversus) - ninja style cascade

Bullshit: even with perfect skills and execution, high risk of failure or tedium due to factors outside your control.
- The Wetzel Determination (The Showstopper) - impossible body hiding
- The Adamoli Fascination (The Showstopper) - mined exits

*All escalations marked with * use a particular kind of complication: there are mandatory disguises that can normally only be taken from NPCs, but you are not allowed to knock anyone out. You have only two choices in any of these escalations: kill NPCs for disguises and receive a penalty, or find the extra copy of the required disguise(s) hidden somewhere in the level just for this escalation. Be warned that the second option will always require very risky maneuvers and/or massive detours, making silent assassin runs of these escalations extra-hard.

Feel free to suggest adjustments - I haven't played some of these in a while, and I always go for silent assassin (but I'm trying to do these ratings for people who don't necessarily care about that).

Prurient

Banned
I had that same issue on a map, and what I think might have fixed it was getting another challenge completed that would have pushed my level up to a theoretical 21 if there was one.

Not sure, though. Hope it works!

Just got around to trying this and wanted to say it worked a treat, thanks :)

So this game is freaking amazing. That Paris level had me in awe, I've only played a couple of the less popular Hitman games but this is blowing me away. The scope is incredible and the amount of approaches seem near limitless. My only complaint would be working out a middle ground for opportunities. Full is awful and I changed that straight away, partial is better, but I still feel like it drops too much of a direct clue, then off I often forget what I should be looking for unless I keep checking the intel.

Ideally I'd have preferred the partial option to leave a summary of the hint on the HUD rather than the answer. I guess I will have to go with off.

Emetic only induces vomiting (which sets up a drowning kill if they go to a toilet). I would assume he went to a bathroom, threw up for a while, then came back. Poisoned food/drink only stays poisoned until eaten/drank once.

Yeah that was my problem. For some reason I expected him to just drop. Missed an easy kill opportunity but learned a handy lesson.

So this game is freaking amazing. That Paris level had me in awe, I've only played a couple of the less popular Hitman games but this is blowing me away. The scope is incredible and the amount of approaches seem near limitless. My only complaint would be working out a middle ground for opportunities. Full is awful and I changed that straight away, partial is better, but I still feel like it drops too much of a direct clue, then off I often forget what I should be looking for unless I keep checking the intel.

Ideally I'd have preferred the partial option to leave a summary of the hint on the HUD rather than the answer. I guess I will have to go with off.
I turned opportunities off, and just check intel if I feel lost

That felt most like Blood Money for me

Yeah I played Paris with everything default but then when I started the next area I turned opportunities and instinct off. I was worried I'd be lost and have to change back but I've had no problems and couldn't imagine playing it any other way now.

I turned opportunities off, and just check intel if I feel lost

That felt most like Blood Money for me

Ahh Blood Money :( 3 Xbox 360's that wouldn't play it before I finally gave it away. I kept meaning to get it on PC but never got around to it due to my backlog. I'll probably go with off though. I feel like what little advice I've gained by using the system so far could have been an awesome discovery I'd made myself.

Marrakesh feels like the most spy movie-ish thing I've ever played.

If you had played elusive target #11, The Fixer, you would have seen the full spy movie experience they were going for. They made you follow a guy through the crowds to secret meetings and drop-offs.

But as of now you can still play the Marrakesh bonus mission for a version of that experience.

They do become somewhat more open-ended hints in later levels.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Marrakesh feels like the most spy movie-ish thing I've ever played.

Marrakesh is really damn good in a lot of ways, but the core mission is a bit limited, part of why I love its nighttime episode so much

You have Thailand coming up which is maybe the weakest, by which I mean its just "okay" but then Colorado and Japan are both excellent. Japan in particular is just amazing

Carm

Have a question hoping someone can answer. I bought the game today on PSN, I'm currently downloading the episodes. I see a listing for upgrade pack with the purchase icon, clicking on the link, it says I've purchased it, it then asks to chose between two versions with the download button clickable. Both options are blank.

Do I need to download this?

tchocky

Have a question hoping someone can answer. I bought the game today on PSN, I'm currently downloading the episodes. I see a listing for upgrade pack with the purchase icon, clicking on the link, it says I've purchased it, it then asks to chose between two versions with the download button clickable. Both options are blank.

Do I need to download this?

No you do not need to download it the upgrade pack is for people who bought the intro pack to get the remaining episodes.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Great post, all of this would be excellent and would remedy my complaints. The fact that a tangible item like a camera lens or party invitation gets put into the same category as a rumor you hear every time you start the level is messy.

I wonder if they'll be able to make any big changes like that come season 2. It seems like everything will abide by the architecture and ecosystem they've laid out, and the focus will be on churning out content rather than significant UI or system changes. I haven't followed the game since release though so maybe they've already done things like that.

They've made minor quality of life improvements. Things like adding indicators on what gets found during a frisk in your inventory, or being able to put on outfits even after the bodies have been dumped/hidden, but nothing major I don't think

I too hope they make a few significant improvements before S2

iosefe

Got this today and spent a few hours doing the intro/prologue missions. Very solid game. will do another couple runs of The final Test before going to Paris.

Guys.. this wasnt really on my radar.

I have 1 game to choose. Had Titanfall 2 on my mind for a while, but this game is $10 cheaper on PSN and ... it sounds like there is a LOT of content.

I play OW, Rainbow 6, and Battlefield so I feel I have more than enough for MP games for a while.

Is this game really enjoyable in terms of level design, finding a ton of secrets, creativity, etc? Is the A.I REALLY bad, or is it ok? (Will they plainly see me doing something and ignore it?)

I hated Absolution because it felt like A.I had super vision. THat got frustrating. I really want something where I can discover a bunch of random neat stuff, and Id love to get lost in a level.

Is it a good combination of puzzle/adventure/discovering stuff?

Top Bottom