• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Looks like the update broke my game. Can`t even launch it.

Did you ever fix this? Has anyone else seen this?

I updated on the Xbox last night and now when I go to launch the game, it makes it to the "Press A to play as [Profile Name]" screen and when I hit A it just crashes and boots me back out to home. Frustrating!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Did you ever fix this? Has anyone else seen this?

I updated on the Xbox last night and now when I go to launch the game, it makes it to the "Press A to play as [Profile Name]" screen and when I hit A it just crashes and boots me back out to home. Frustrating!

No, they didn't fix it. The solution they posted is to download the game again. I know nobody will ever explain it but I'd love to know this was ever allowed to be released in that state. It's not some obscure bug you literally press A on the main menu and it hard crashes.

No, they didn't fix it. The solution they posted is to download the game again. I know nobody will ever explain it but I'd love to know this was ever allowed to be released in that state. It's not some obscure bug you literally press A on the main menu and it hard crashes.

That's fucking awful. Am I giving them too much credit to assume that all this online-only nonsense at least means all my unlocks and everything will carry over when I reinstall?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
That's fucking awful. Am I giving them too much credit to assume that all this online-only nonsense at least means all my unlocks and everything will carry over when I reinstall?

You don't lose anything. Just go to manage game and redownload the main hitman file (it's about 17gb). You don't need to do it for the dlc packs.

BTA

I do not believe the Sarajevo Six in Paris can be done SA with the challenge it offers. Don't feel too bad about it.

Ah, gotcha. To be clear- I'm pretty bad at stealth games and don't expect to regularly SA at all; just wanted to go for it when I could.

They put out two a week during the first two months after release (while there weren't elusive targets coming out yet), then one a week for the next five months. It slowed down to one a month in November and December (the lull between the end of the season and the disc release), but we got three in January.

Now that all announced missions have been released, I would expect quite a bit more. A video just came out yesterday promising 80+ escalations with the disc release, and we're only at 40+.

Nice, that's pretty reassuring!

Explain thyself, fellow stealth man.

Paris or Hokkaido?

Paris:
The side garden to the right of the Red Carpet starting point (where you can vault a fence to reach a shed) is still completely empty. Throw anything in there to lure either a waiter or a security guard over.

Hokkaido:
It's still completely safe to make Jason Portman follow you into the bathroom with a closet and then grab him. You can't get his surgeon alone anymore, but from there, there's still a bodyguard downstairs who goes into the operating theater bathroom alone periodically.

Foffy

Banned
Paris or Hokkaido?

Paris:
The side garden to the right of the Red Carpet starting point (where you can vault a fence to reach a shed) is still completely empty. Throw anything in there to lure either a waiter or a security guard over.

Hokkaido:
It's still completely safe to make Jason Portman follow you into the bathroom with a closet and then grab him. You can't get his surgeon alone anymore, but from there, there's still a bodyguard downstairs who goes into the operating theater bathroom alone periodically.

I guess I should have explained what I meant by freebie disguises...

I meant disguises actually in the level that do not require a kill or KO to get.

To my knowledge, Paris had the following.

- Fashion designer (In the room where all of the models/Sato are)
- Palace Staff (One in a trailer to the left lot of the starting location, and one in the basement)
- Vampire Magician (Attic)

I was curious if any of these are still available in the levels in different locations. So far, only the last one would appear to still be there on Professional, but that one was one of a kind. ;)

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Felt good pulling off the ET! And as a bonus for finally clearing my 5th ET I got that sweet suit.

Here's how I did it:
Started in the party as a normal dude, ran and grabbed the IAGO Auction invite figuring the dude would have to show up and meet with Dalia at some point. Never showed up so I bailed on that plan after waiting 5-10min. Went and became Helmut Kruger (RIP SO, but I wanted that new suit for 5 ETs). Then walked around until I found the dude getting ready to go on stage. Sprinted upstairs and shot him while he was on the runway. Walked out there and picked up the memory stick, no issue. EXCEPT I AM DUMB and for some reason pulled out the gun while I was on the walk. No idea what was going on in my brain but a finger slipped or something. OH WELL. I put it away and sprinted to the helicopter before anyone shot at me. No SA either, but ET done so I'll take it.

MaKTaiL

Felt good pulling off the ET! And as a bonus for finally clearing my 5th ET I got that sweet suit.

Here's how I did it:
Started in the party as a normal dude, ran and grabbed the IAGO Auction invite figuring the dude would have to show up and meet with Dalia at some point. Never showed up so I bailed on that plan after waiting 5-10min. Went and became Helmut Kruger (RIP SO, but I wanted that new suit for 5 ETs). Then walked around until I found the dude getting ready to go on stage. Sprinted upstairs and shot him while he was on the runway. Walked out there and picked up the memory stick, no issue. EXCEPT I AM DUMB and for some reason pulled out the gun while I was on the walk. No idea what was going on in my brain but a finger slipped or something. OH WELL. I put it away and sprinted to the helicopter before anyone shot at me. No SA either, but ET done so I'll take it.
Good job! The 5th suit is one of my favourites behind the Winter Coat.

What HDR setting made the square barely visible for all of you? I cranked it right up to 14. Could probably go a bit higher.

I'm pretty sure this will differ depending on the set. I assume these calibration images let you go as high as the TV allows in order to get the full range of your TV.

I'm playing the new bonus mission. It's pretty cool, how Sapienza seems a new mission with the new lightning, the new crowds, the festival setting, the political rally, etc. But it could have been a harder mission, you only need to get the
Priest
disguise, which isn't hard at all, and that gives you 4 ways to kill the only target easily on SA:
in the confessional, in the roof of the belltower, with the bell itself as an accident, and when he drinks wine after the meeting.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Pro mode is great. Played Paris a bit and it's like getting the game again. So many things have moved the levels feel fresh, you can't just fall back on old habits.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know where the laptop dongle is in Paris on Pro difficulty? I'm having trouble finding it.

it's on one of the guards in the attic, the an area with lots of computers. there's a guy sat down, a guy pacing around and another guy in the corner. It's the guy in the corner.

Voras

it's on one of the guards in the attic, the an area with lots of computers. there's a guy sat down, a guy pacing around and another guy in the corner. It's the guy in the corner.

Thanks. I had already knocked out the guy but not noticed it on the ground because of how small it was.

Trouble

Banned
Pro mode is great. Played Paris a bit and it's like getting the game again. So many things have moved the levels feel fresh, you can't just fall back on old habits.

They definitely watch a bunch of videos of people cheesing the lax AI and using easy shortcuts and were like, hey fuck you.

I watched a video of a live stream one guy did after the fact and all the old tricks he was attempting were backfiring on him and he was flipping out, it was great.

justjim89

An idea for professional mode, since it's ventured pretty far into Hitman 2 territory anyway.

Knocked out guards will wake up after a few minutes and report being knocked out, raising your suspicion. So you either need to kill them or act very quickly. Nothing was funnier in Hitman 2 than seeing a guard wake up in his underwear and run around the level in a panic.

An idea for professional mode, since it's ventured pretty far into Hitman 2 territory anyway.

Knocked out guards will wake up after a few minutes and report being knocked out, raising your suspicion. So you either need to kill them or act very quickly. Nothing was funnier in Hitman 2 than seeing a guard wake up in his underwear and run around the level in a panic.

Dammit I still haven't tried professional mode yet. Is it really evoking H2: Silent Assassin level difficulty? Wow.

epmode

Does anyone have a nice recording of the music that plays after you pull off the hit? You know, the one that adds percussion as you get closer to an exit.

I can only find this but it's missing a decent amount of the original music (especially the bit where all of the instruments are playing).

Trouble

Banned
You know what would improve professional mode immeasurably? Limit to 5 saves rather than 1. The levels are too damn big and complex for only 1 save. There's way too much tedious rerunning when you make a mistake.

Demoskinos

Silent Assassin Suit Only on Pro. That was a lot of fun.
I disabled the security cameras by shooting the box from afar. Got the Iago invite went to the 2nd floor pacified both of the guys by the audio equipment and grabbed the fireworks launcher. Set off the fireworks dashed to the top floor as soon as I could (after being frisked) then pushed Dahlia onto Victor. Then got the fuck out of dodge.

C3oEyl7WYAASJ_p.jpg:orig

Demoskinos

Does anyone know where the laptop dongle is in Paris on Pro difficulty? I'm having trouble finding it.

Here's what I've found about Pro mode anything that is a key item like that for a specific opportunity is now found on a specific person. Almost nothing is just laying about for you to take at whim.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Landslide is a nice little mission. Nice send off to S1 and they really made the level beautiful for it.

Haven't dabbled in Pro mode yet though this thread seems pretty mixed on it.

Parsnip

Did some challenges.
Even though you have to finish the mission for the challenges to pop on pro, you can still save a bit of time by placing that one save in a good spot and planning ahead a bit.
It's no quite as efficient as before but sure as hell saved me some time.

Does anyone have a nice recording of the music that plays after you pull off the hit? You know, the one that adds percussion as you get closer to an exit.

I can only find this but it's missing a decent amount of the original music (especially the bit where all of the instruments are playing).

I imagine it will be on the soundtrack in some form when they release it.
Supposedly the soundtrack will be on Steam in the next couple of days for full experience owners (I think).

hitman is such an awesome game

io interactive deserves serious props for accepting that they fucked up with absolution and following it up with an awesome hitman game

I imagine it will be on the soundtrack in some form when they release it.
Supposedly the soundtrack will be on Steam in the next couple of days for full experience owners (I think).

The soundtrack is out for Steam owners, but it's a zipped download with MP3 and WAV (not on Steam).

It's the last track, "Mission Accomplished" (2:26).

tchocky

To save space, could I just delete and download the episodes I want to play at will on PC? I bought the full package but I only want to play Sapienza and whatever the elusive target at whatever moment is.

You need the intro pack but can delete the other ones you don't want to play.

Not that it's a big suprise, but the documentary is total fluff about E3 hype and fan reactions. Those little developer diaries they published a year ago were much more interesting.

Demoskinos

hitman is such an awesome game

io interactive deserves serious props for accepting that they fucked up with absolution and following it up with an awesome hitman game

Theres a LOT of the DNA of Absolution in Hitman 2016. There's issues with Absolution and I can't blame people for being let down with it but I still think its pretty decent entry in the series.

I'm glad that running loudly while trespassing matters again on professional, but there's something weird: running footsteps alert enforcers even when you're not trespassing. This seems illogical so I assume it's unintended behavior.

I'm glad that running loudly while trespassing matters again on professional, but there's something weird: running footsteps alert enforcers even when you're not trespassing. This seems illogical so I assume it's unintended behavior.
Noticed that. Real fucking annoying.

Would've been nice to have a difficulty customization function. Some of Pro mode's features are cool (cctv buff, no disguises from bloody kills), but some are tedious and shitty (guard placements, lack of saves). Just did the poison method on Novikov, and it's utter bullshit because you've got an enforcer right next to you, and you have to do a stupid cutscene before being dumped into non-blended gameplay, where you'll instantly arouse suspicion before you can even poison his drink. Either the staff member will spot you, or Novikov's bodyguard.

Would've been nice to have a difficulty customization function. Some of Pro mode's features are cool (cctv buff, no disguises from bloody kills), but some are tedious and shitty (guard placements, lack of saves). Just did the poison method on Novikov, and it's utter bullshit because you've got an enforcer right next to you, and you have to do a stupid cutscene before being dumped into non-blended gameplay, where you'll instantly arouse suspicion before you can even poison his drink. Either the staff member will spot you, or Novikov's bodyguard.

I just did that one tonight and was never even caught in the enforcer's vision cone for a second. Just move fully behind her before moving sideways behind the bar.

Foffy

Banned

This was the case when footsteps raised alertness on Normal, so all Professional has done is return this system with next to no noticeable changes.

If they're going to tweak the mode, there are two obvious suggestions.

- Do not punish players for having remotes to weapons that cannot be removed from inventory, like the remote detonator for audio distractions. Right now, the only solution people have is to actually never use them on Professional, or if they do, come up with a playstyle that prevents frisking, which of course can limit routes heavily. Perhaps make the remotes a suspicious item when held as an equipped item, like Hokkaido's unlockable pistol, or the concealable baton.
- Make Enforcers only turn when they hear running when 47 is considered Trespassing and not in general. It may limit suspicion to a few key places, but it just seems weird that if you're running near the Paris bar, you can alert two people in a crowd of dozens.

Also, Season Two now needs the sniper case, because Professional brought back gear for attires. The case would and should only be used by 47 in his suit; any other attire would consider it an illegal/suspicious item. Right now, snipers have to be used as if the game turns into Splinter Cell or Metal Gear; you can't scope out the place, but rather that you need to avoid visible elements in full.

Finally, Professional Mode for the bonus missions, please. I adore the gear changes, so to me, Normal is almost looking like Easy...

Trouble

Banned
Man Paris on professional becomes so much easier if you start in the kitchen. Just run a few paces and wait for the guard to turn around and shoot the video surveillance system with a silenced pistol. No more worrying about cameras.

Parsnip

The soundtrack is out for Steam owners, but it's a zipped download with MP3 and WAV (not on Steam).

It's the last track, "Mission Accomplished" (2:26).

Steam owners are supposed to get it downloaded straight to their clients as DLC, and that hasn't happened yet. They haven't added the extras depot to any applicable packages yet.

Foffy

Banned
Man Paris on professional becomes so much easier if you start in the kitchen. Just run a few paces and wait for the guard to turn around and shoot the video surveillance system with a silenced pistol. No more worrying about cameras.

I believe most of the locations typically have one disguise that gets you close to a server room, so I would imagine the camera is really an issue if you're trespassing to some place you shouldn't be.

Cameras are still an issue, for you can get spotted committing illegal acts on them. For example, taking out the server room in Suit Only means that cameras will not report you if they see you for the rest of the mission, but if you walk in front of a camera and kill a dude, or hold out a gun, and you get detected and reported for doing bad stuff.

I assume all of the camera rooms now have guards, which would explain this AI response change. I've only done Paris, so I cannot say.

GonzoCR

This game is killing my backlog. I'm still on vacation and wanted to finish some games before classes started but when I sit down at the computer all I wanna do is play this. Will probably be the only thing I play these days before Nioh comes out.

Also I'm starting to warm up to Professional mode after failing miserably like 20 times in a row trying to do Sapienza SASO. I'm really enjoying it, though the footsteps thing could probably be tweaked a little.

BTA

Trying to do level 2 of the Videl Cataclysm and oh boy did I ever hit an annoying bug.
For some reason the game fails me whenever I switch costumes after killing the target, which is necessary because the escalation means I can only be in the security guard costume needed for the kill for 60 seconds. Originally thought it was just because I switched to the target's costume; then I tried with another costume and it still failed me. I even tried switching directly back to the tuxedo (after an annoying bout of messing up several times during the necessary prep of luring + knocking out the other guy in the room after I decided to do this, for some reason). It still failed me. I gave up on testing more and have restarted my PS4 so I can see if it works tomorrow, but going by the failure message, it was punishing me for reusing any costume as if it was the security guard costume. I would have tested for that specifically but I would have had to get a CICADA guard costume prepped and I wanted to sleep instead of wasting more time on another run.

Trouble

Banned
I believe most of the locations typically have one disguise that gets you close to a server room, so I would imagine the camera is really an issue if you're trespassing to some place you shouldn't be.

Cameras are still an issue, for you can get spotted committing illegal acts on them. For example, taking out the server room in Suit Only means that cameras will not report you if they see you for the rest of the mission, but if you walk in front of a camera and kill a dude, or hold out a gun, and you get detected and reported for doing bad stuff.

I assume all of the camera rooms now have guards, which would explain this AI response change. I've only done Paris, so I cannot say.

Well, shit. I guess I've been lucky so far. That's good to know.

Okay, I have found the foolproof way to become Helmut Kruger on professional difficulty.
You only need to knock out one bodyguard, the one who hangs out behind the dividers (and then drag him a little bit away from Helmut's phone call spot). Both bodies can be dragged up close behind the dividers and no one will ever notice.

Wait, what?

Cameras definitely stop working completely after you destroy the recordings. I just tested taking out a gun as a waiter in front of a camera and nobody came.

Did you actually destroy the recordings or just turn off the fuse box?

Trying to do level 2 of the Videl Cataclysm and oh boy did I ever hit an annoying bug.
For some reason the game fails me whenever I switch costumes after killing the target, which is necessary because the escalation means I can only be in the security guard costume needed for the kill for 60 seconds. Originally thought it was just because I switched to the target's costume; then I tried with another costume and it still failed me. I even tried switching directly back to the tuxedo (after an annoying bout of messing up several times during the necessary prep of luring + knocking out the other guy in the room after I decided to do this, for some reason). It still failed me. I gave up on testing more and have restarted my PS4 so I can see if it works tomorrow, but going by the failure message, it was punishing me for reusing any costume as if it was the security guard costume. I would have tested for that specifically but I would have had to get a CICADA guard costume prepped and I wanted to sleep instead of wasting more time on another run.

I just tested finishing level 5 (I'm on PC) and I did not fail the mission after changing disguises after killing the targets. Hot Disguise is still active on level 5, just for a different disguise.

Very interested to hear if it persists.

Double post for a very important update: the Santa suit now has unique reaction dialogue.

I need to get into trouble as Santa and see if people run to a guard and go "I don't think that man is the real Saint Nicholas" or something like that.

Top Bottom