• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Mathi

Finished the final elusive and got all the suits now! Took me about an hour and I had to look up the location of the guest list. How are you supposed to find that thing? I was watching the target for a while, hoping he would give me a clue about the location or even meet with the person who has it, but that didn't happen or I didn't wait long enough.

This will be my first and last Elusive Target. Any tips to help me not fuck this up? Even on how they work in general

You can restart as often as you want until you complete an objective. Figure out where the target and the guest list is and plan your route before you finish either of them.

Parsnip

Finished the final elusive and got all the suits now! Took me about an hour and I had to look up the location of the guest list. How are you supposed to find that thing? I was watching the target for a while, hoping he would give me a clue about the location or even meet with the person who has it, but that didn't happen or I didn't wait long enough.
When I took out the main target he dropped a key to the club area, so I figured the person with the list would be there. And then I just looked at the people there until she made a call to someone.

Both targets standing 10 feet away from drinks that can be poisoned. The smaller map meant the actual target could pretty much only be in one spot, and there he was. And they gave him facepaint so that you could identify him easily. This was the complete opposite of the difficult ET I was hoping for :p

So, which was the most difficult ET anyway?(Without fire extinguisher explosions and such...)

For me, it was the warlord, the bookkeeper or the food critic. The food critic's bodyguard somehow heard my silenced gunshot and even though I blew up a propane tank next to the target, it counted as body found. I spent a long time clearing out the kitchen beforehand and couldn't find a better way to do it.

I got silent assassin on the warlord, but that still seemed really hard. Having to figure out where the usb drive was and having to figure out that using the key on the safe was a suspicious act, and having guards automatically enter her room like 10 seconds after taking her out was crazy. That was probably the most intense.

The bookkeeper almost definitely required blowing him up in an open area and that was nervewracking.

The doctor and the surgeon seemed hard and took a while, but I just tested out my method using emetic syringes. Getting SA on that was satisfying with the special kill condition though—I kind of want to see more of those in the future.

Eblo

Just finished the final elusive target, which is also my first. The inability to save, restart, or fail made it pretty suspenseful. Getting Mr. Giggles was easy since all I did was scale an adjacent building and headshot him with a pistol. I then proceeded to eliminate a lot of non-targets in an apparently unrelated yet heavily guarded building because I couldn't figure out where the hell the guest list was. I'm kind of sad I joined the game too late to unlock 47's suit with gloves (or any other ET-exclusive unlocks for that matter), but oh well. Also:

93E4647B19BAC22B58C531FF9798897D28FFE188

Is this normal? After clearing the ET, I suddenly unlocked professional difficulty for every map despite being no higher than level 16 mastery for any of them. It's supposed to be unlocked at level 20, but this image says 5.

Just finished the final elusive target, which is also my first. The inability to save, restart, or fail made it pretty suspenseful. Getting Mr. Giggles was easy since all I did was scale an adjacent building and headshot him with a pistol. I then proceeded to eliminate a lot of non-targets in an apparently unrelated yet heavily guarded building because I couldn't figure out where the hell the guest list was. I'm kind of sad I joined the game too late to unlock 47's suit with gloves (or any other ET-exclusive unlocks for that matter), but oh well. Also:

Is this normal? After clearing the ET, I suddenly unlocked professional difficulty for every map despite being no higher than level 16 mastery for any of them. It's supposed to be unlocked at level 20, but this image says 5.

They lowered it to level 5 mastery with the most recent patch.

GonzoCR

Got the elusive, pretty easy. Kinda annoyed though because I'm one target short of the final suit because of a stupid mistake I made in the Guru =(

Hyped for season 2

Hopeford

So, got to Marrakesh...feels a little like a step down from Sapienza and Paris so far. The ways to kill the targets feel fairly cliche so far, and neither target was super fun to follow around to discover their story.

Like I don't mind the smaller map, but I'm pretty "Ehhhhhh" on most things. The Embassy was the best part of the level, but it's not the greatest.

Sapienza>Paris>Marrakesh for me so far.

So, got to Marrakesh...feels a little like a step down from Sapienza and Paris so far. The ways to kill the targets feel fairly cliche so far, and neither target was super fun to follow around to discover their story.

Like I don't mind the smaller map, but I'm pretty "Ehhhhhh" on most things. The Embassy was the best part of the level, but it's not the greatest.

Sapienza>Paris>Marrakesh for me so far.

The Marrakesh map is like good wine, it gets better over time. At least that was my experience with the map since I was disappointed with it after playing it the first time but the more I explored it I started to love it. I agree with your "ranking" though.

The bonus mission A House Built on Sand adds a lot more value to it.

Also, I had a good time with the escalation missions for Marrakesh, especially with The Lupei Sensitivity.

Late Flag

I got this on Prime Day but only started it over the weekend. This is a game that I feel like was made for me, specifically. When I buy a normal (non-Skyrim/Fallout) single-player game, I expect to replay it three or four times until I feel like I've taken complete control of the environment and learned how to exploit everything I can. Ideally, I would play it even more than that, like I did with RE4, because it's intrinsically interesting. Hitman absolutely nails this type of replayability. I've gotten to level 20 on the Paris map and I still feel like there's so much more to do there, mainly because there is. I still haven't done the "dropping the light on the guy" mission, and I only discovered the existence of the Iago invitation this afternoon. I also haven't done much with the other targets that are offered up on the disc version.

That said, I intend to play with Opportunities turned off for the first couple of attempts at each level from here on out. I think Paris would have been more fun improvising my way through instead of following some pre-programmed missions instead. Lesson learned.

Poor Colorado :( I think it was a decent mission. A bit diffetent but not necessarily bad. I might have even liked it more than Marakesh (only speaking of main missions)

Not at all. It's surprisingly easy to move around most of Colorado.

The problem with Colorado was that it was a mile wide and an inch deep. In a single playthrough you'll discover most of the interesting stuff surrounding three of the four targets, and then they just become chores.

And in just 3-4 playthroughs you'll have seen just about everything.

How many NPCs there are in Marrakesh?

Because I tried to do a Terminator's Run (by killing everyone I saw) and I when I completed the mission, after like 3 hours and a half, I had 882 non-target killed.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Not at all. It's surprisingly easy to move around most of Colorado.

The problem with Colorado was that it was a mile wide and an inch deep. In a single playthrough you'll discover most of the interesting stuff surrounding three of the four targets, and then they just become chores.

And in just 3-4 playthroughs you'll have seen just about everything.

if you go around yeah, but otherwise you're restricted to sneaking

and yeah, there's nothing much interesting in the map

Hopeford

Done with Marrakech! Mastery Level 20 and I finished one random escalation(the one with the battle axe) to level 5. The level does seem more fun in escalations than for the main story.

The school in specific is really boring to infiltrate though. Like I had fun screwing with the AI in the embassy, but I didn't even try in the school. For later playthroughs I just
had poison delivered to the general without even touching the school as my first action then ignored the general and focused only on the embassy.
That made it way more fun for me.

Overall, it's not as bad as I thought at first but...hm. Just not my cup of tea, though it does have some nice points. On to...what's next, Thailand? Hope that's a good one.

I'm dreading Colorado already, everyone says they hate that level haha.

Colorado isn't that bad. I was dreading it too, but after you figure it out, it's not too bad. However, it was the only location where I hit Mastery 20 and never really went back to try anything else.

My first time with Colorado was actually the first elusive target that came out after I started playing, The Chameleon. Talk about stressful. I think I had just started Marrakesh and jumped ahead to try it.

August content announced.

The first content will land on August 11th: 10 new Featured Contracts. Every month, we pick out the best of the Contracts that have been submitted, shared with us or that we’ve seen discussed among our players. We choose the contracts as a batch to make sure we include have a variety of locations, varying numbers of targets, inventive storytelling and anything else that we think is interesting.

Also on August 11th, we’ll release a new Challenge Pack. This will be the sixth one released so far and is called ‘The Art of Revenge’. Five new challenges will be added to the game and, as with all previous Challenge Packs, the location mastery you can earn by completing those challenges is higher than the regular challenges. That makes them a great way to earn any remaining mastery unlocks you need. The five challenges will be added to Hokkaido and you’ll need to complete all of the challenges to unlock the unique item, which we will reveal next week. After all, revenge is never a straight line…

Later in August, we’ll also publish our first-ever player-curated Featured Contracts. These contracts will function in the same way to the Featured Contracts that you’ve come to know and love in the game, with one big twist: one of our players will curate the list. These player-curated contracts will offer a fresh twist to the style of contracts that will be featured in the game and give all players a chance to get an insight into how some of the prominent members of the Hitman community play the game.

ev0

They announced a Hitman comicbook coming out on October. I wonder if that's when we'll get some Season 2 news for synergy. Or we may get some tease at Gamescom maybe?

Hopeford

Bangkok was super rad. I think my biggest issue with Marrakech was just that I prefer Hitman to take place in like, super posh, obscenely rich places. For some reason it just makes the Silent Assassin thing feel so much more fun. Think that's why I didn't like the riot setting. I don't know.

Only had one run in Bangkok so far. Had tons of fun though. Played it with opportunities off. Ended up
Electrocuting the musician. I was disguised as Hotel Staff and randomly following people into their rooms, happened to luck out and find the person who had the mic. I got the mic off her, then as I was fucking around I found a pipe. My natural obsession prompted me upwards, so I found the recording place. After going up to everyone who looked vaguely important, found the "talk" prompt and was allowed to install the new mic. Done.

Came out, went to talk to lawyer dressed as hotel staff. Said I'd show him his suite. I had no idea what I was supposed to do, because I didn't know where it was. But he just sort of...stood there. Frozen. Not reacting. 5 minutes later I realized his pathing had broken and just shot him in the head and ran.
Somehow, didn't get a 0 as my score.

Hopeford

Just finished Colorado for the first time. I know I'll replay it to get to level 20 to unlock everything but like...that was kinda boring. It wasn't terrible, just...it felt like there won't be that much to learn now that I'm done with the first go. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Plot felt very interesting though. I really want to see where this goes now.

_RT_

I love stealth games. LOVE them.
But damn I suck at Hitman.

Every time a new game comes out I buy it. Every time I struggle pulling off a mission without killing everyone.

Moff

Every time a new game comes out I buy it. Every time I struggle pulling off a mission without killing everyone.

I love stealth games as well.
but Hitman does not really fit into that genre.
I'd call them immersive puzzle games.
There is a lot of trial&error.

Don't play Hitman like a stealth game.

Play it like an adventure game/puzzler.

Forget about trying to sneak through and avoid killing people. Test, experiment, explore, observe, see where you can and can't go, what items you need to interact with different things, how you can interact with NPCs and how NPCs interact with eachother, and worry about sneaking and not killing later

jtb

Banned
Hitman, particularly this iteration of it, is really the 'social stealth' genre that Ubisoft has been promising - and failing to deliver - for a decade or so now.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
What kind of maps do you expect in Season 2?

I think someone mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I would love a mission set entirely in an office or residential high rise setting.

I'd also like another outdoorsy setting like Colorado but not as cumbersome to get through.

Top Bottom