• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HL 2 gets an update - everything in Korean - Means nothing, as usual

Glix

No, I think some guys commenting on the VC3 translation project figured it out:

3osfG.png

Valkyria Chronicles 3 localization* confirmed for PC exclusive Steam release.

Korean localization

There is a pc rev of VC3?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Read this over on /v/, take with a grain of salt, but very interesting thing someone pointed out. From that PC Gamer picture.

>FLOOR 10: LASER BAY 2. ALIEN SWARM RELEASED 2010
>FLOOR 11: ENRICHMENT CENTER. PORTAL 2 RELEASED 2011
>FLOOR 12: SECTOR C TEST LABS. BLACK MESA RELEASED 2012
>FLOOR 13:

Why would Valve take Black Mesa (a fan mod) as something of their own? This screams fake to me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They could honestly announce it and release it a 2 months after and it would sell gangbusters.

They could announce it the day of release and it would still break records.

"Hey guys, it's me Gabe. Just wanted to let you know, new hats for TF2. There are like 12 of them so get on that. Anyway, have fun. Oh wait, hang on. Half-life 3. Right now, not kidding. On Steam, in stores. We meant to tell you earlier, but these 12 hats are just amazing. We got distracted."

"Hey guys, it's me Gabe. Just wanted to let you know, new hats for TF2. There are like 12 of them so get on that. Anyway, have fun. Oh wait, hang on. Half-life 3. Right now, not kidding. On Steam, in stores. We meant to tell you earlier, but these 12 hats are just amazing. We got distracted."

It definitely wouldn't break any call of duty records. But who cares about sales?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Are you assholes trying to tell me that wasn't a photoshop?

It's not a photoshop job. Someone (not Valve) altered that section of the game to feature that image instead of Dr. Breen.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

This sounds like something Erik Wolpaw would write (awesome, by the way!).

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Can we just left this thread die? It hurts too much...

This is another case of people setting themselves up for disappointment. I see this happen every year, every E3, every event Valve attends, etc.

The easiest way for people to not get worked up, excited, then disappointed, is to remember a few things:

1) If you think it's HL3, Episode 3, or a HL ARG, and you're not 100% sure, it's not any of those things.

2) When Valve chooses to announce the next HL game, it will be very clear, even if it's something like the Portal ARG.

Be wise. Be safe. Be aware.

jerry113

Banned
Am I crazy if I think there's a connection here?

On June 25th, 2013, Valve updated Half-Life 2 and converted the audio to Korean and replaced Dr. Breen with Kim Jong-Un.

on June 25, 1950, the Korean War began. Coincidence? What is Valve playing at?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

Note: This poster was mistaken about the Breen image replacement, but correct about the audio conversion.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3140917&page=2

The Black Mesa facility was apparently built over several decommissioned ICBM launching and testing silo complexes probably constructed during the 1950s, which was converted into a vast civilian institute for the research of almost every conceivable scientific discipline. Several Half-Life texture files' names contain the word "fifties", suggesting the facility is as old as from the 1950s.

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Mesa_Research_Facility

conclusion: maybe Gordon Freeman will travel back in time to the 1950s to stop Black Mesa from ever being created. I don't know.

Top Bottom