• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HL2 deleuxe edition contents revealed...

no longer speculation?

it includes so it seems:

Half-Life 2 on DVD-ROM

Counter-Strike: Source - The next generation of the #1 online action game

Half-Life: Source - Digitally remastered version of the original acclaimed PC game

Free Limited Edition T-shirt - Offered in men's size XL only

Half-Life 2 Prima Book - Information on character backgrounds, the making of the game, and more than 100 pieces of artwork.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243836.asp

dont we all want that? :p

Half-life Scource will be interesting, but i would imagine some modder will do it themselves at a later date and for free....

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So $30 more for a book and t-shirt. I'm sure CS and HL source are gonna be part of the regular edition as well. If not....heads will roll. They can't be that stupid to make those two exclusive to a collector's edition

Free Limited Edition T-shirt - Offered in men's size XL only

Comic_Book_Guy.gif

Zilch

Banned
Wario64 said:
So $30 more for a book and t-shirt. I'm sure CS and HL source are gonna be part of the regular edition as well. If not....heads will roll

"Most people don't really want to play online."

Hooker

WoW deluxe edition has the same price, and look what kind of extra stuff you get with that. Valve, you dissapoint me :/

And no, Half-Life:Source will not be a part of Half-Life2; CS:S will be though.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
teiresias said:
No Half-Life:Source with HL2 regular edition = no sale.

I hear that HL:Source and CS: Source will be included in the regular edition... but that's just what I hear... need confirmation.

epmode

the included book is merely a hybrid of 3 books that will be released when half-life 2 is in stores. a preview, in other words.

if there isn't anything else included with the deluxe edition, that's a really shitty deal. i only wish the standard edition came on dvd..

Bregor

open_mouth_ said:
I hear that HL:Source and CS: Source will be included in the regular edition... but that's just what I hear... need confirmation.

From what I understand, HL: Source is not included with the regular edition. I'm not sure about CS: Source.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Bregor said:
From what I understand, HL: Source is not included with the regular edition. I'm not sure about CS: Source.

I'm sure you'll be able to download the HL: Source through steam after you buy the regular version if it's not already included with it (for a small fee).

Drexon

Banned
Ugh. Not buying this. And I'm NOT gonna play CS: Source. "Lalala, DEAD!" *spawn* "Hey, wt.. DEAD!", repeat 4 million times and you might make it to the end of a round, by camping. :p

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
For a prima booklet, a t-shirt that is too large to even wear, and HL1: Source....$25 extra? Sigh, how much of a dirty whore do you want to make me, Valve?

For a mini crowbar I'd be more enthused.

maynerd

Banned
Drexon makes sense to me. He is referring to counterstrike and how the competition is way difficult for someone who doesn't play 10 hours a day.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
I don't think I'd have the balls to wear an Half Life 2 shirt... and I certainly don't need to play Half Life: Source, since it looks like ass.

So I'll be fine with the standard edition.

Top Bottom