• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy | Review Thread

poodaddy

I used to enjoy getting a pc game on release, you know join in the group celebration, stay up late download the game etc
now I don't bother because of terrible ports on release, its a shame
Same here. I'll always PC game, but it can be a lackluster experience on release.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
"List threads are against the rules.
As a reminder, all discussion on Hogwarts Legacy is banned."

Wow, so all sales discussion will be banned for 2023 on REEE. Good job. They didn't even go that far the rabbit hole for Cyberpunk 2077, the fuck is up with them and this game? Wouldn't surprise me they turn against Sony for all the Hogwarts legacy marketing. They're probably fighting against the urge.

How does the company that bought that shitshow of a forum even allow this? It's revenue left on the table!
This just exposes the ridiculous nature of their protest. They wont be talking about arguably the biggest game of the year. It should probably sell 5 million in the first three days and likely put Elden Rings numbers in the first year.

So what do they talk about? I see in OT they have a thread about if they would stop cumming for a billion dollars. This is what happens when you block nerds from talking about a video game.

GymWolf

lol. I am not the only one. go look at some AC Unity stealth combat videos on youtube. People still rave about the stealth and level design in this game.

The new AC games since Origin are barely even AC games. Just a bunch of action adventure games masquerading as an AC game. Id only put Origins close to Unity.
I only remember the parkour being good (and a bit clunky) but combat and story were bad, especially that shitty counter based combat, my god i envy (but really no) people able to play dozens of hours with that combat system...

Ac fanboys just have low standards.

Buggy Loop

So what do they talk about? I see in OT they have a thread about if they would stop cumming for a billion dollars.

parks and rec computer GIF

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Holy shit! What was elden ring and Cyberpunks peak??
I guess similar. 1 mil is the most I've seen a game on twitch.
Now I wonder if the game really is any good. I loved forspoken and it was supposedly terrible... so maybe I will dislike a game that reviews well ? :p
We sure it's not lame Elden Ring ?!

I've still not decided ps5 or 3080 version

Last edited:
I guess similar. 1 mil is the most I've seen a game on twitch.
Now I wonder if the game really is any good. I loved forspoken and it was supposedly terrible... so maybe I will dislike a game that reviews well ? :p
We sure it's not lame Elden Ring ?!

I've still not decided ps5 or 3080 version
I just googled elden ring is 910,000 and Cyberpunk was 1,140,000.

Yeah if people don't think this is gonna sell millions now I don't know what to say?

This game is likely gonna have a far bigger casual base that wouldn't even think about watching twitch than those 2 games!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I just googled elden ring is 910,000 and Cyberpunk was 1,140,000.

Yeah if people don't think this is gonna sell millions now I don't know what to say?

This game is likely gonna have a far bigger casual base that wouldn't even think about watching twitch than those 2 games!
dude the game will sell like crazy.
I don't care for HP at all and I'm thinking about getting it

lukilladog

Some people at Twitch were acting like childs when they were discovering things in the game lol, in a good way though, they were having actual fun.

XQC has been stuck on this Graphorn boss fight for what feels like hours. Didn't expect this game to actually be tough though he might also just be terrible

anothertech

Lol I don’t believe two words of this. “Documentary” im sure. Like 2000 Mules is a “documentary”.

You can’t be groomed into being gay, take your Large Marge Greene nonsense to someone who can’t see through the obvious bias.

The era/twitter-trans communities are nuts. Nust like the far right is nuts. But nobody is being groomed to “the gay”. You sound utterly ignorant and ridiculous.
Unfortunately it is 100% true. You can be groomed to be gay just like you can be groomed to be whatever someone brainwashes you to believe.

The only ignorance here is on your end I'm afraid.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Not sure why we’re all talking cumming, but ok. I don’t know if I’d stop cumming for a billion dollars. I’d have to ask the wife.

Anyone notice graphical differences between quality and performance modes? Is it just resolution and frame rate?

Gideon

Damn, those drops on twitch really produce a huge difference in viewerships lmao, I've seen it with lost ark too, some streamer went from 150k viewers to around 250-300k.
Lol you don't need to tell mate. In the sales prediction thread most think it's only gonna do 10 million +.

That's big but it's like saying GTA6 will only do 10 million lol.
Hogwarts won't even touch gta6 sales lmao in fact not a single game will get even 50% of it's sales until/*if* star citizen becomes a real product and becomes the next gta but in space (imo)

Last edited:

Hurahn7

Banned
Unfortunately it is 100% true. You can be groomed to be gay just like you can be groomed to be whatever someone brainwashes you to believe.

Yeah no. I grew up around a lot of gay people and I've never wanted to suck some dick. What I do know is that a lot of them always knew they were gay, but didn't know how to handle it.

XQC has been stuck on this Graphorn boss fight for what feels like hours. Didn't expect this game to actually be tough though he might also just be terrible
I watched that for a while and he was purposely not doing anything except using the basic spell. I got bored of watching him tho because he was speedrunning the story and it was obviously one huge spoiler.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I'm not touching that game, even on Game Pass. I make it a point to support Ukrainian devs (Frogwares, GSC Game World, etc). There's zero comparison to Hogwarts. JK Rowling has nothing to do with the Harry Potter game, Atomic Heart is definitely a problem for anyone who isn't a Russian bot.
I don't care where the dev is from, if the game is good why not play it and enjoy it. Is the game made by Putin himself or is it Russian citizens? Let the people create and let the politicians deal with their own destruction and downfall.

Damn, those drops on twitch really produce a huge difference in viewerships lmao, I've seen it with lost ark too, some streamer went from 150k viewers to around 250-300k.

Hogwarts won't even touch gta6 sales lmao in fact not a single game will get even 50% of it's sales until/*if* star citizen becomes a real product and becomes the next gta but in space (imo)
Well no I meant hogwarts legacy will do way more than 10 million.

GTA5 is hard to compare to as it's kept selling year after year. The most we could compare is year 1 sales I think gta5 did 32 million. I don't think hogwarts legacy will do that but it could get close

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Those tweets are literal insanity.

Do these same people picket bookshops that sell Rowling's work? Because if not, why not? The principle is the same and its about as futile an effort.
That would require effort outside of hitting a couple of keys and pressing enter.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The amount of drama surrounding this game, even here most of discussion is about the drama rather actual game itself.

anothertech

Yeah no. I grew up around a lot of gay people and I've never wanted to suck some dick. What I do know is that a lot of them always knew they were gay, but didn't know how to handle it.
That is wonderful for you and your experience. It doesn't discount others experiences or agendas.

To believe that's true, you would have to believe that YOU could possibly be groomed to be gay. Interesting. So do you actually think someone could groom YOU to be gay? If so, maybe consider the possibility that you could in fact just be gay already.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
To believe that's true, you would have to believe that YOU could possibly be groomed to be gay. Interesting. So do you actually think someone could groom YOU to be gay? If so, maybe consider the possibility that you could in fact just be gay already.
Well, a lot of gay people were groomed to be straight, and even had wives/husbands and children before coming out of the closet.
Friday Movie GIF

anothertech

lol. That's not how it works. Grooming a 7 year old and creating sexual confusion is a bit different than arguing sexual orientation with a 50yo. :)

lol. That's not how it works. Grooming a 7 year old and creating sexual confusion is a bit different than arguing sexual orientation with a 50yo. :)
That's just called child abuse, though. Same thing regardless of if the abuser is gay or straight. That's still not going to turn someone gay, but it will cause them lifelong trauma.

Baki

Oh snap:

If only he red-pilled (/s) a week ago, his sites would be getting big number traffic today. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Still can't believe the owner of ERA sold it for $4.5M, kept every single cent, and has basically received no backlash.

Back on topic, with the first critical hit for Avalanche, I am interested in seeing in what they do next. Do we think there will be DLC for Hogwarts?

Top Bottom