• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Switch Version Announced

angelgs90

Available at launch day.

https://www.eurogamer.es/articles/2...rsion-para-nintendo-switch-de-hogwarts-legacy

1647588763_882059_1647588894_sumario_normal.jpg

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
That thing is going to look pretty horrible if it's not a cloud game.

I'm sure it'll sell really well on Switch though, imagine there's a lot of overlap between Animal Crossing players and HP fans.

Nautilus

Banned
Wasn't expecting this!

But the real question is: Is it native or cloud? Because if its cloud, I might as well just disregard this version entirely and would prefer it never existed in the first place.

.Pennywise

Banned
To the people saying this is impossible to pull off in a switch. I'll just remind you that this game is cross-gen, and Switch had the likes of The Witcher 3 in it, natively.
Looking like absolute shit, yeah, but it's totally doable, and Ninty fans love their full price games looking and running like trash, so it won't be a problem.

Fbh

Unless they make a custom version with more stylized visuals this is going to look so fucking bad on Switch.

I just hope it doesn't end up being a buggy mess.....which is often the case with these big ambitious games when they try to launch simultaneously on like 8 different platforms.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
yeah but dead space on Wii and as legit great
Yea, I'm not implying it's gonna be shit on Switch. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Dead Space was an on rails shooter though. Chop Till You Drop was a complete rebuild of Dead Rising built through the RE4 engine. It's a fascinating game, glad I own a copy.

CamHostage

Avalanche Software has a decent reputation of tech accomplishments (Hogwarts has taken their time lately and the Cars 3 game wasn't special AFAIK, but they made that impressive Toy Story 3 back in the day which led to Disney Infinity.) I feel like they could pull this off running okay.

My concern is more just the asset density and character variety, as Switch publishers tend to cheap out on cartridge space. It's already a hard-enough port, and if WB Games tried to squeeze this onto a 16GB cart, that'd be a problem on top of a problem.

WAIT! is this an unreal 4 game?

Yes, Hogwarts Legacy is being made with Unreal Engine.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Personally, I'm getting it on my Series X but I'm happy that players that are Switch only will get this game too.

Robb

Gold Member
Neat, I’m kind of excited to see how bad it’ll potentially look compared to the other versions.

Hopefully it’s not a cloud-game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not a super ambitious game then, unless it's a cloud version (I would personally never, ever "buy" a game I could only stream, but to each their own).

Last edited:

MP!

How is amazon gonna ship this boxed cloud version?
I think it's clear this is a native port

Top Bottom