• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

holy crap, some dude dual wielding in Time Crisis 4

Tony HoTT

Banned
Woah that shit is crazy. I wanna see him do that while wearing sunglasses and a leather jacket. Oh and he also has to do that head bob thing he's doing in the first clip.

border

He's doing sections where both 1P and 2P have (essentially) the same viewpoint. How hard is that, really?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
border said:
He's doing sections where both 1P and 2P have (essentially) the same viewpoint. How hard is that, really?

I didn't want to say it cause I don't know much about TC4... but now that border has said it... what he said....

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
border said:

He can do the ENTIRE game though. And there's parts in Time Crisis 4 where you have multi-screen battles where you have to point the gun off screen to look at multiple directions...I can't fathom how he can do that shit with 2 guns. Hopefully a video of that surfaces, it'd have to be nuts

Even though the videos are basically the same view points on both screens, it's still friggin hard to do. I've tried dual wielding on both Time Crisis 2 and 3...it's not easy at all

I love it in these threads when a few of the gaming nerds look around and are surprised they are surrounded by gaming nerds.

Newsflash: None of you are 'too cool for school'. You post here, thats like a gajillion geek points.

Tellaerin

border said:

Shooting accurately with your off-hand is challenging to begin with, at least for most people. Unless you happen to be ambidextrous, being able to shoot accurately with both - at the same time, no less - is pretty impressive.

Tellaerin said:
Shooting accurately with your off-hand is challenging to begin with, at least for most people. Unless you happen to be ambidextrous, being able to shoot accurately with both - at the same time, no less - is pretty impressive.

now the real question: is pointing toy guns at TV screens and pressing the trigger really shooting?

I would think the guy was cool if he had real bullets coming at him and he still could stand there all calm and collected

bengraven

I can barely scratch my forehead without hurting myself. I can't imagine playing both sides of this machine. I haven't the skills.

grate

I love it in these threads when a few of the gaming nerds look around and are surprised they are surrounded by gaming nerds.

I consider myself a gaming nerd, but I still think this is pretty silly. SORRY.

Smiles and Cries said:
I would think the guy was cool if he had real bullets coming at him and he still could stand there all calm and collected

Yes, this would warrant a friend with a camcorder.

border

Wario64 said:
He can do the ENTIRE game though.
It just seemed suspicious to me that the only footage availabe is for what would probably be the most easy parts of a dual-wield playthrough.

Shooting accurately with your off-hand is challenging to begin with, at least for most people.
I used to dual-wield my way through House of the Dead 1 when I got bored at campus arcade, and while it's more challenging (and more money-consuming) I wouldn't consider myself particularly skilled. The big challenge in Time Crisis would be getting the reloads and ducks down right, and working with two non-synced viewpoints.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
try drawing a square with your left hand and a circle with your right hand....

thats how hard it is to play like that kid did.

Dahbomb

spyshagg said:
try drawing a square with your left hand and a circle with your right hand....

thats how hard it is to play like that kid did.
Damn it.... that's just crazy!

*Tries to draw square/circle with alternating hands but fails*

Juice

Defensor said:
Oh man, put some freakin spoilers in that second link.

You're totally right! I was so frickin' pissed off when it gave away plot details to one of the most compelling works of interactive literature in our time!

Who the **** cares about a plot in Time Crisis?

border

In my experience, the main problem with dual wielding isn't in coordinating the motion of two separate hands but in the fact that you can't use your free hand to steady your aim.

Time Crisis games are less than half an hour long so having the plot spoiled for them is a huge deal...right.

Time Crisis games are an entirely different beast in terms of trying to dual wield them. Most of the time during the games player 1 will be facing a certain direction and player 2 will be facing another. Also consider that while the player is keeping track of two different screens with their own assortment of enemies they'll have to deal with using the pedal to dodge/reload on two sides instead of just one.

With all that in mind I have to admit this video is crazy. At my nearest arcade I've seen people 1-life TC2 left and right but this is really something else, very impressive.

bumpkin

Meanwhile, people passing by are pissed because the show-off is hogging the only Time Crisis 4 machine in the arcade. :lol

Top Bottom