• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOLY MOLY! english screens of culdcept saga!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN

This is my most anticipated Xbox 360 game. The PS2 version is simply great and a must own for gamers IMO.

My youn ger brother and his wife may yet get a 360 just for this game. I have to keep working on them.......

Speevy

Banned
Culdcept is probably one of my top 3 favorite PS2 games. I'm going to own this on day one.

Culdcept matches on Live = AWESOME.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
ENGLISH RELEASE CONFIIRRRRMED!

THIS NEWS JUST MADE MY DAY!!

/isamu. Seriously though I really am that excited.

Speevy

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:
I don't get the hype on this game......wasn't there one of these on the Dreamcast?

Saturn I think. And these are the perfect mix of Magic and Monopoly, both of which I love.

Speevy

Banned
Rummy Bunnz said:
Wow. I'm suddenly a lot less angry over having my PS3 preorder canceled. I NEED A RELEASE DATE.

It's currently scheduled for Q1 2007, unless of course Namco actually gives it a release date.

I just emailed my brother a link. He and his wife are Culdcept fanatics. They even bought art book.

Also, does it not look like Namco put .hack's art team on the project? Its possible now with the Bandai merger.

Anyways, I will own this game. The new card packs online will be awesome and, hopefully, fairly priced.

I expect to see it bundled with the 360 in japan to increase sales!

Heck, a US bundle wouldn't be bad. The game itself is a good way to encourage people to both play online and use microtransactions more.

dirtmonkey37 said:
I don't get the hype on this game......wasn't there one of these on the Dreamcast?

It's a very very niche game, but very good. Sort of like Monopoly combined with Magic the Gathering (basically every time you land on a property, you fight it out with cards).

I hope it gets released in the US, but the PS2 one seems to have flopped (at least the company that published it is out of business, I think. At least their US branch).

duckroll

These screens were released back at TGS. No one knows how they really came about and I think they might have been pulled at some point when someone released that it was a boo-boo. Funny PR.

Gigglepoo

sugarhigh4242 said:
Having not played the PS2 game, i can only comment on the graphics.

And they aren't very nice.

It's a Japanese X360 game, what'd you expect?

The game should be balls out entertainment though. Or was I the only one who played the last one sans-pants?

sugarhigh4242 said:

dumbass.jpg

.....Sorry but that post deserved it.

emomoonbase

I'm free 2night after my LARPing guild meets.
Looks nifty. Hopefully they print more than 5 copies this time so a person like me can actually find the freakin thing.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Speevy said:
Saturn I think. And these are the perfect mix of Magic and Monopoly, both of which I love.
Culdcept II was on the Dreamcast.

And the English version was announced at E3 with the trailer on Marketplace. Didn't anyone notice... :/

Victrix

*beard*
Yayyyyyyy!

Reasons to buy a 360 +1

edit:

"There are plans to sell more accessories over the Xbox Live Marketplace."

**** YOU

edit 2:

sugarhigh4242 said:

You are the problem :(

Victrix

*beard*
Shaved Moustache said:
Is this game online? Looks kind of like Magic, am I correct?

Not really... some sort of fantasy card game meets monopoly, kind of

Dig up the PS2 version for cheap and try it, it'll be easy to see if you like the gameplay. The big deal with Saga is online play.

Gigglepoo

vireland said:

Wait... what!? Coming to America? Are you sure? Heck, I'd settle for a region free Asian version. Best Co-Op game on the PS2 by a wide margin, possibly the best Co-Op game of all time.

vireland

Gigglepoo said:
Wait... what!? Coming to America? Are you sure? Heck, I'd settle for a region free Asian version. Best Co-Op game on the PS2 by a wide margin, possibly the best Co-Op game of all time.

Not the PS2 versions, but the X360 one. I am fan#1 of the PS2 versions but I doubt they will be coming here. Frame rate issues killed approval. (Yes, that's a huge miss of the POINT, but it happened)

Gigglepoo

vireland said:
Not the PS2 versions, but the X360 one.

I know, I was talking about Earth Defense Force X. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. Is there a publisher announced? Rough release date? This seems too good to be true.

Man, it will be so weird to play Culdcept and Earth Defense Force on my X360. And Viva Pinata for that matter. Here's to variety!

Jonnyram

I wonder what are the chances of the Japanese release including English?
I mean some devs do, some don't, and if there are English screens in circulation, it can't be ruled out, right? *crosses fingers*

vireland

I know, I was talking about the latest version. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. Is there a publisher announced? Rough release date? This seems to good to be true.

"Coming" is all I can say. Figure Japanese release date + the usual localization timeframe for this kind of game and you'll have a pretty good idea of when.

Gigglepoo

vireland said:
"Coming" is all I can say. Figure Japanese release date + the usual localization timeframe for this kind of game and you'll have a pretty good idea of when.

You've made my night.

Aaron

Jonnyram said:
I mean some devs do, some don't, and if there are English screens in circulation, it can't be ruled out, right? *crosses fingers*
The dreamcast version of the game had quite a bit of english in it. Iirc, only the story was in Japanese.

Having this and the new Earth Defense Force released in the US is a amazing thing though. Two incredible, underrated series deserving of English speaking lovin'.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Jonnyram said:
I've already preordered the japanese version, but getting it in english sure would be nice!

Top Bottom