• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOLY MOLY! english screens of culdcept saga!

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
I wonder what are the chances of the Japanese release including English?
I mean some devs do, some don't, and if there are English screens in circulation, it can't be ruled out, right? *crosses fingers*

If there's english in it, I'll buy it. I don't particularly fancy ready card rules in Japanese for the entire game.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
duckroll said:
If there's english in it, I'll buy it. I don't particularly fancy ready card rules in Japanese for the entire game.
It's not that hard to figure out that "Bare ass manly Amazon" loses to Wall of ****ing Fire!

vireland said:
"Coming" is all I can say. Figure Japanese release date + the usual localization timeframe for this kind of game and you'll have a pretty good idea of when.

Awesome news :D
Really looking forward to co-op with a playable framerate!

john tv

Jonnyram said:
I wonder what are the chances of the Japanese release including English?
I mean some devs do, some don't, and if there are English screens in circulation, it can't be ruled out, right? *crosses fingers*
Japanese ver. will have English voice, as all Culdcept games do, but only Japanese text.

Aaron

D2G said:
the holy moly had me to believe they upgraded the ps2 graphics :(
Don't expect Gears of War graphics from a tiny company with an even smaller budget. You might remember that games aren't there just to be watched.

Ignis

... I can't wait for this... >_<

*recalls he has a Japanese 360*
*wants to play the game in Engl(r?)ish*
*hopes for a region free release*

Zalasta

RevenantKioku said:
It's not that hard to figure out that "Bare ass manly Amazon" loses to Wall of ****ing Fire!

Wait, so this game is based on the rock, paper and scissor rule in that certain card will always beat the same set, and there are no stats or anything you can do to affect the outcome of a battle? If so, doesn't sound like there's too much strategy involved.

john tv

Zalasta said:
Wait, so this game is based on the rock, paper and scissor rule in that certain card will always beat the same set, and there are no stats or anything you can do to affect the outcome of a battle? If so, doesn't sound like there's too much strategy involved.
No. It's much, much deeper than rock, paper, scissors.

duckroll

Zalasta said:

He was being silly. Culdcept is more like Magic the Gathering played on a fantasy themed Monopoly board.

Zalasta

That's good to know, I've heard some really good things about the PS2 one, and I got a 360 for a chance to play the sequel. That comment just seemed to made the gameplay sound like very simplistic.

Teasel

why people always keep comparing it with magic the gathering anyway? you pay what you do
but how you do it it's different, but there are no land card,no enchantment,no artifact and it's not like you can play any creature when you want or you can create a creatureless deck
wouldn't it just be better to say it's monopoly twisted with a CCG?

Teasel said:
why people always keep comparing it with magic the gathering anyway? you pay what you do
but how you do it it's different, but there are no land card,no enchantment,no artifact and it's not like you can play any creature when you want or you can create a creatureless deck
wouldn't it just be better to say it's monopoly twisted with a CCG?

You can enchant lands and critters. You can also place any critter down into any land you want to as well.

MoxManiac

There are also some cards (some spells etc) that obviously were inspired by MTG cards and themes.

People say MTG instead of just CCG because it's closer to that paticular CCG then any other (that i know of)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
duckroll said:
He was being silly. Culdcept is more like Magic the Gathering played on a fantasy themed Monopoly board.
But you knew exactly what cards I was talking about, didn't ya? ;D

Top Bottom