• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy sh!t 2 dollar games @ overstock.com

scola said:
Details please. :)

I may buy some more games tonight :)

There might be nothing left (everything is drying up).

But, the deal is trade-in 3 games (non-sports or REALLY old ass games) and get GTA:SA or Halo 2 (regular edition I think) free.

I'm hitting up both :)

Edit: Well everything is gone. I didn't want to abuse this deal (buying multiples), but there's no way I was going to buy Amplitude in another order and not get some other games with it (the end totale to Canada for one game is like $17, with 4 games it's $27, you do the math). But in the end, I could have got everything I ordered for $35, but instead I got it all for $54 due to me ordering twice....:(

I won't be saving as much as I would have liked.

Once again Wario comes through. I didn't get any games that I actually wanted, but the trade-in should be decent. Far better than $2 I'm sure. Even if EB Games and Gamestop tries to shaft.. I live in NYC as well, so there's many options.

robot

Wow I refreshed my list and there were games like Viewtiful Joe, Lotr, Soul Calibur 2, 007, and Colin mcrae (all $2), but they were all out of stock.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Pedigree Chum said:
There might be nothing left (everything is drying up).

But, the deal is trade-in 3 games (non-sports or REALLY old ass games) and get GTA:SA or Halo 2 (regular edition I think) free.

I'm hitting up both :)
No its cool if they dry up (I don't mind others getting in on it) I already own amplitude an Wild arms so I will simply add Mega Man battle network or some other game from my collection to snag DJ.

Once again...

DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT!

Thank you..... and good night.

DAMMIT!

B'z-chan

Banned
I know i shouldnt have bought it but Amplitude for that much is a crime i tell you a crime that is if you dont buy it at that price.

All the other games seem to be out of stock though. I couldnt find any that were. And the dvd's were already removed from the looks of it.

Gangland is only 2 bucks also get that while you can.

3phemeral

What's the probability of being able to sell Arc the Lad for a decent price on ebay/amazon/trade-in?

I'm tempted to cancel because I've never considered actually taking advantage of something like this, but the prospect of making so much profit is too overwhelming to deny *_*

Well, like a lot of other people, I missed out on the games I really wanted. I managed to get 2 Arc the Lad and 1 Amplitude for trade in at Gamerush.

Hournda

3pheMeraLmiX said:
What's the probability of being able to sell Arc the Lad for a decent price on ebay/amazon/trade-in?

I'm tempted to cancel because I've never considered actually taking advantage of something like this, but the prospect of making so much profit is too overwhelming to deny *_*

The current Ebay price for most of these games is about $10-15 for a new copy but with the glut of these games expected to hit ebay in about a day or two then who knows. Still, I bought 12 games for $27 total (including shipping) so it hopefully shouldn't be too difficult to at least break even.

B'z-chan

Banned
Hournda said:
The current Ebay price for most of these games is about $10-15 for a new copy but with the glut of these games expected to hit ebay in about a day or two then who knows. Still, I bought 12 games for $27 total (including shipping) so it hopefully shouldn't be too difficult to at least break even.

Its people like you that sicken me. Buying one copy of a game at the price indicated. But you ebayers gotta stop ruining this shit for cheapass gamers. Wario doesnt post this shit so you can get rich quick. He does it for the poor cheap asses.

Thanks Wario.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't mind people buying multiple copies of Amplitude or Arc the Lad right now, the games have been $2 for over 2 hours and they're still in stock. They must have a shitload of copies of those two games or something

WordofGod

Banned
B'z-chan said:
Its people like you that sicken me. Buying one copy of a game at the price indicated. But you ebayers gotta stop ruining this shit for cheapass gamers. Wario doesnt post this shit so you can get rich quick. He does it for the poor cheap asses.

Thanks Wario.

Preach it my brother!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
:lol

That watch would have been a hot pick up. I could have paid off my student loans with that and get a new apartment. Not to mention quite my job so I can concentrat on getting a new one :lol

Hournda

I don't know what the deal with those watches is. If you go through the whole collection of those types of watches there are a couple others that are priced at $2 (down from $5000+) but they're all sold out. On ebay only a couple of these watches were selling but still if you bought it for $2 that's an insane profit.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Click on a section you want to browse through, then have it list by markdowns or price and search for $2.00 stuff on the page. It's best if you view 99 items at a time

jedimike

bridegur said:
Do Circuit City or Best Buy price match online prices? What would I need to do that?

Sears is the only place I know the PM's internet retailers. Once got a GBA for $17 for price matching this same place.

Phoenix

Soul4ger said:
Hmm... Has anyone ever ordered from this place before? How long before they ship/you get your item?

Yes. I buy stuff from overstock all the time. Provided this wasn't a pricing mistake, these items will likely go out within 24 hours. I've purchased things from them ranging from $25 bucks all the way up to $350 and I haven't had a problem yet.

Overstock is 'good people'

Phoenix

If you're at circuit city and get a good sales person, they will look it up and price match. I've had them do it before... granted, this one on fairly expensive items - but if they aren't busy I'd be surprised if they wouldn't do it for you.

As of 10:00 PM (PST) these were the only games left instock:

P82003.jpg

622719.jpg

pilonv1

FFS every time I add a game to my cart it's out of stock. Bastards.

Now I cant even purchase a copy of Amplitude, because their "international" site is the same as the US one!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
For those of you that didn't get the games:

They have beowulf for 59 cents, and the time machine for 1.29.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)

B'z-chan

Banned
Funny though that i havent gotten a Confirmation email sent to the provided email addy i gave them. But my order has been accepted. Wonder how long it will take for the game to get to me.

Oh and they already put a hold on my card also

Top Bottom