• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy sh!t 2 dollar games @ overstock.com

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Code:
Sku # 	Product Name 	Shipping 	Quantity 	Total Price
75064 	PlayStation 2 - Wild Arms 3 (SON72032- PS2 W) 	US Postal Service 	1 	$2.00
81081 	GBA - Dragonball Z: Goku II 	US Postal Service 	1 	$2.00
82003 	PS2 - Amplitude 	US Postal Service 	1 	$2.00
82004 	PlayStation 2 - Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits 	US Postal Service 	1 	$2.00
82006 	PlayStation 2 - Def Jam Vendetta 	US Postal Service 	1 	$2.00
85507 	Game Boy Advance - Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu 	US Postal Service 	1 	$2.00
Subtotal: 	$12.00
Shipping Charges: 	$2.95
Tax: 	$0.00
Grand Total: 	$14.95

:eek :eek

The two DBZ games are pure trade fodder. They didn't have Freedom Fighters GC or Wario Ware in stock though by the time I got there :(

I love cheap ass games :) thanks Wario64 !! my hero

That was hectic. Damn registration took forever. Made me lose Wario Ware.

I got,

Legacy of Goku 2 - will play once, then promptly trade in.

Dragon Ball Z Taiketsu - will give away

Dragon Ball Z Budokai - I'll actually play this one.

Amplitude - I actually wanted this!

Arc the Lad - Already Own. (Will trade in)

Wild Arms 3 - same as above. (Will trade in)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Amplitude is a great game and a fucking steal at $2. The track listing might not be your cup of tea but it's still a pretty nice sequel to a great game. Too bad Harmonix probably won't make another Frequency/Amplitude

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
BobbyRobby said:
That was hectic. Damn registration took forever. Made me lose Wario Ware.

I got,

Legacy of Goku 2 - will play once, then promptly trade in.

Dragon Ball Z Taiketsu - will give away

Dragon Ball Z Budokai - I'll actually play this one.

Amplitude - I actually wanted this!

Arc the Lad - Already Own. (Will trade in)

Wild Arms 3 - same as above. (Will trade in)

Haha! I just placed the exact order!
Except I already own the last three, so all 6 are trade in fodder..

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I should have gotten doubels for trade ins... but that would have been mean to people who would really play the copies ;)

Could have turned a few arc the lads into Donkey konga

Got 3 PS2 games and 1 XB game for $27 CDN!!! Thanks Wario!!!

But for some dumbass reason I didn't get Amplitude, is there anyway to add to a pre-existing order? It's too expensive to just order Amplitude by itself now. And I can't cancel my old order else I'll miss out on def jam cause it's sold out now.

Hournda

I just ordered a ton of games. What's the best place to get the most out of these? Ebay? Gamerush? EB/Gamestop? On ebay, you could get about $10 for a new copy of each of these so $8 profit for each isn't bad.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Another question - are there any good trade in deals for places that aren't Game Rush? Cause the closest GR to me is NYC, and I'm not driving 6 hours to get the benefits.

Mooreberg

Managed to get Def Jam for $3.40 shipped, everything else was out of stock by the time I clicked the submit button. Good looking out either way. Wario64 > all other cheap ass gamer wannabees.

Alex

Haha, they took Def Jam right out of my cart while I was updating my new card info. How screwed up is that?

Alex said:
Haha, they took Def Jam right out of my cart while I was updating my new card info. How screwed up is that?

I barely, and I mean BARELY got Def Jam. I swera right after I ordered it (like 10 secs), it was sold out. I want to get Amplitude though, just bought it new for $15 the other day. If I got this copy, I could return it and get my cash back.

It's too late now, oh why didn't i add it to my basket the first time :(

RevenantKioku

Bauer Action Hour said:
Rev, where's that GameRush? I live in NYC (Manhattan), so I hope it's close by and not somewhere like Staten Island.

Well aren't you made of meat! Someone needs to remind people that NY has other places than NYC =P

Locations:
645 Rossville Ave
Staten Island, NY 10309
718-317-2086

2175 Hylan Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10306
718-979-1212

3135 Victory Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10314
718-982-6130

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Alex said:

Same thing happen to me. Def Jam was the only thing I got and I had to update my credit card info and it was gone. I guess I come out empty handed. But it's cool, I'm glad lots of people came out with something. I got Wild ARMs 3 from the last deal.

Thanks for the deal, Wario.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What's the trade in value for Arc and Amplitude? I won't feel so guilty trading them since the damn games have been in stock for a hour now

Soul4ger

Wario64 said:
What's the trade in value for Arc and Amplitude? I won't feel so guilty trading them since the damn games have been in stock for a hour now

I think Amplitude is $2, though I could be wrong. It's not a lot. Arc might be around the same, maybe $5? Obviously, neither has gotten traded in quite some time - particularly Amplitude.

Soul4ger

Wario64 said:
$2 trade in...you gotta be shittin me

I'd be a liar if I said I was positive. But, for some reason, I'm nearly certain that both Frequency and Amplitude don't get much at all. Could've changed, though, it's been a LONG time since I've checked.

Well, there's a sealed Amplitude on ebay with one day left @ 12.50 if its any consolation. It sure is for me, considering I ordered a few of them.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
RiZ III said:
Hate to burst your bubble, but I dont think you guys are going to get much money if your planning to sell these to say..gamestop. Theyre buying most these games for like 4 bucks. You can check here
http://www.tradestop.com/search.do?...lag=true&type=G|Keyword&x=0&y=0&keyword=spawn

Im assuming it would be the same instore. Maybe you could fetch a bit more at ebay. But expect ebay to be crowded with these games in a few days too.

I don't think Tradestop.com is a reliable indicator. Their prices seems to be way too low most of the time. But then again, I don't do trade ins cause it's difficult to use them to your advantage

Neither Amplitude nor Arc are exclusions at EB, though. So even if they flop on eBay, they'll be Perfect for those "Trade 3 games, get $30 off Halo 2!" deals. The best thing about them is that you aren't even bound to the game you trade in towards. I've traded about 12 games towards "Halo 2" so far and have used them to pay off Pikmin 2, SMT3, Gradius V, and various other games.

Soul4ger

bobbyconover said:
Neither Amplitude nor Arc are exclusions at EB, though. So even if they flop on eBay, they'll be Perfect for those "Trade 3 games, get $30 off Halo 2!" deals. The best thing about them is that you aren't even bound to the game you trade in towards. I've traded about 12 games towards "Halo 2" so far and have used them to pay off Pikmin 2, SMT3, Gradius V, and various other games.

Typically, though, we aren't supposed to take more than one of the same game in the same transaction/day from the same person, for a specific deal. That doesn't prevent you going in like four different times, of course, but it's not the most convenient way to trade.

Alex

For all the bashing EB gets, at least you guys who have one within vicinity GET trade-in deals. Only time I remember GameStop having a toward game trade-in deal was that old one for The Sims, Ghost Recon, DOA:XBV, ect. I used that to get Orta and Mech Assault, wheee.

robot

Gamerush gives $5 bonus per game when you trade-in 3 or more games. Add that to the trade 2, reserve any game for $29.99 deal that u can combine, and everybody wins!

Bob White said:
Yeah, that's why I'm doing this.

Can I trade in 3 Arc the Lad's for gta, or do they have to be different games?

And the trade-in 3 for Halo 2.

I had to end up getting 2 orders of 4 games (cause I'm a freakin' moron), which ended up costing me $50CDN, if I had done it in one order it would have been $35CDN :(

Still there's enough games there to get GTA:SA and Halo 2... plus I'll still have 2 games left over so for a little under the price of one game I'll have 2 new games (even though it should have been for the price of HALF a new game :().

Ah well, I'm asking ooutpost.com if they can merge to two orders together. *fingers crossed*

RevenantKioku

RiZ III said:
Hate to burst your bubble, but I dont think you guys are going to get much money if your planning to sell these to say..gamestop. Theyre buying most these games for like 4 bucks. You can check here
http://www.tradestop.com/search.do?...lag=true&type=G|Keyword&x=0&y=0&keyword=spawn

Im assuming it would be the same instore. Maybe you could fetch a bit more at ebay. But expect ebay to be crowded with these games in a few days too.

Those prices are definitely lower. I got like $15 for Halo from GS when that site says a lot less.

DAMMIT.... once again watching RAW bites me in the ass.

I missed out on all of these damn games... SON OF A BITCH.

They'd better restock.

bobbyconover said:

So you trade in 3 games, towards Halo 2. After doing so, are you able to move that credit only towards other pre-orders, or are you allowed to just spend it on anything? I hate to sound dense, but I just want to know as clear as possible so I don't get banned from my local EB for trying shady tricks.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There's more stuff that are $2 too. Looks like overstock.com is having a MASSIVE clearance sale

K-Pax
Goldmember
America`s Sweethearts
Catch Me If You Can
Inspector Gadget 2
Holes (DVD)
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
School of Rock
X2: X-Men United
Tomb Raider 2- The Cradle Of Life
Seabiscuit (DVD)
Naked Guns Collection
The Italian Job
Paycheck

I think I'll be picking up X2 and any other movies I see that are interesting

Bob White said:
Yeah, that's why I'm doing this.

Can I trade in 3 Arc the Lad's for gta, or do they have to be different games?

I'm pretty sure they have to be different.

I don't think they take Def Jam either (sports game).

Going to trade-in:

Wolverine's Revenge
Arc the Lad
Amplitude

for GTA

Wolverine's Revenge
Arc the Lad
Wild Arms (if they take this)

for Halo 2

I'll keep Def Jam (that I might just keep, cause the game is rockin') and just straight up trade-in my 2nd Wild Arms.

BobbyRobby said:
So you trade in 3 games, towards Halo 2. After doing so, are you able to move that credit only towards other pre-orders, or are you allowed to just spend it on anything? I hate to sound dense, but I just want to know as clear as possible so I don't get banned from my local EB for trying shady tricks.

I put $10 on Fable, got the bonus disk, then used the $10 to buy Burnout 3. So I think you're safe.

Top Bottom