• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shit.. 360 comes with 5 free games in Canada and $50 off

koam

5 free games and $450?

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10080318&logon=&langid=EN

Basically, it's a premium with:

GRAW
Live Arcade
RIIDDDDDDGGGGEEEEE RAAACCCEEERRRRR 6
The Outfit
Gun

If you click on "but it now" it adds all the games to your cart. You also get $50 off if you add something else to your cart that costs 1 cent or more ($50 off anything that's over $500 special)

Here's the $50 coupon:

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/coupon_nov06/?logon=&langid=EN

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
That's a good deal even though half of those games are shit. Worth getting for the 50 bucks off, then trade the shit games in somewhere.

Wait, that's $450 Cannanian and 5 free games?

Err, says In Stores Only.

Actually, hell. In Stores deal is GRAW, Live Arcade, Gears, RR6, and a Premium for $499, which is even better a deal imo, swapping Gun and The Outfit for Gears.

That deals freaking absurd.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Kaeru said:
I smell desperation!!

It's at a single store only and for a limited time.

The 360 here normally does come bundled with two games (Premium gets GRAW and XBLA Unplugged, core gets PGR3 and Kameo) but it's also more expensive here because MS overcharges on the exchange.

PS3 is 10% more, Wii is about 11% more, X360 is 25-30% more.

X360 premium is 500 here, with current exchange rates that's about 450 us.

PS3 premium on the other hand is 660 Canadian (590 us) and Wii is 280 (250 us)

koam

Fatghost said:
It's at a single store only and for a limited time.

The 360 here normally does come bundled with two games (Premium gets GRAW and XBLA Unplugged, core gets PGR3 and Kameo) but it's also more expensive here because MS overcharges on the exchange.

PS3 is 10% more, Wii is about 11% more, X360 is 25-30% more.

X360 premium is 500 here, with current exchange rates that's about 450 us.

PS3 premium on the other hand is 660 Canadian (590 us) and Wii is 280 (250 us)

A single store? No, it's Futureshop, that's a giant chain. Also, PS3 and Wii are at the right exchange rate.

Sapiens

I picked up the 450 deal with Graw, Gears, RR6 and live arcade

probably one of the best gaming deals ever offered.

Loving the 360

cant wait till sony starts doing this next christmas

koam said:
A single store? No, it's Futureshop, that's a giant chain. Also, PS3 and Wii are at the right exchange rate.

Since the systems are made in China, the US price should have increased, not the other prices decreasing. However, that wouldn`t have been too popular ;)

So instead, MS softened the blow with some better bundles for Europe and canada.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Kaeru said:
I smell desperation!!

Microsoft is making money on hardware now by most accounts. Sounds like good business sense to me with Holiday shopping expected to kick into high gear in the coming days and weeks.

X26

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Actually, hell. In Stores deal is GRAW, Live Arcade, Gears, RR6, and a Premium for $499, which is even better a deal imo, swapping Gun and The Outfit for Gears.

If you were to then buy gears at future shop, they throw in the outfit free, you'd never be able to get rid of it :lol

(not sure if that deal is still going on however)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
They aren't doing Gears anymore. They were substituting The Outfit or Gun for Gears last week when they ran outta the promo copies that Microsoft gave them. But it's pretty freakin sweet to get 4 games (regardless of their quality - a brand new 360 owner will still get some playtime out of them) thrown into the deal plus $50 off.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
koam said:
5 free games and $450?

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10080318&logon=&langid=EN

Basically, it's a premium with:

GRAW
Live Arcade
RIIDDDDDDGGGGEEEEE RAAACCCEEERRRRR 6
The Outfit
Gun

If you click on "but it now" it adds all the games to your cart. You also get $50 off if you add something else to your cart that costs 1 cent or more ($50 off anything that's over $500 special)

Here's the $50 coupon:

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/coupon_nov06/?logon=&langid=EN
Read the fine print on the coupon, gaming hardware is excluded.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fuzzy said:
Read the fine print on the coupon, gaming hardware is excluded.

What? The deal is $500 for the premium and 4 games. Pretty simple. Where is this fine print you speak of? Cause I had a buddy buy this deal last Friday when Gears was included in it.

Firestorm

Truelize said:
What? The deal is $500 for the premium and 4 games. Pretty simple. Where is this fine print you speak of? Cause I had a buddy buy this deal last Friday when Gears was included in it.

Last week's deal is completely different.

Takuan

I read the $50 doesn't apply to game consoles.

With the exception of GRAW, aren't those games ass? Also, Xbox Live Arcade shouldn't count as a full-fledged game.

I can't wait for the $350 price drop. $350 Premium with a game included (Gears, hopefully) would be ****ing hot.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Takuan said:
I read the $50 doesn't apply to game consoles.

With the exception of GRAW, aren't those games ass? Also, Xbox Live Arcade shouldn't count as a full-fledged game.

I can't wait for the $350 price drop. $350 Premium with a game included (Gears, hopefully) would be ****ing hot.

Ridge Racer 6 is class. The rest are shit though.

Flakster99

Yup. This deal was to good to pass up, so I splurged. Later in the day, a good friend of mine who has been eagerly anticipating such a deal for the holidays, been keeping tabs on Gears, etc, missed out, out of stock/timed deal. So I sold him everything at cost.

It worked out in the end, I purchased the Wii, 3 games a day later so we're both happy gamers, with a different system between us.

Top Bottom