• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Home(TM) trailer

Downloading at 1.1 megs per second
59.gif

I SAID WOW
11.gif

I've always wanted to say that.....and yes I meant it

Tieno

SHIZ! Nice. It's very cool and deep! Sounds like second life, only prettier and with more integration.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Pachinko

So it's basically Mii's but with the ability to make a 'room' to call your own. It's ideas like this that really make me wonder why sony didn't just finish all of their consoles functionality and launch it this year worldwide...

Amir0x

Banned
Hm, Home is interesting. Still not into the achievement thing, but, I must admit in this format it is at its most compelling, if it ever should be.

3rdman

Looks like I predicted correctly...Its Phantasy Star Online Lobby system with custom charecters...Still downloading the video...hope there's more to it.

Amir0x

Banned
Little Big Planet has like the visual style of Yoshi's Story, but on crack. Holy shit. Looks incredible. MULTIPLAYER platforming to boot... gosh, PS3 is getting awfully tempting now...

Tieno

Pachinko said:
So it's basically Mii's but with the ability to make a 'room' to call your own. It's ideas like this that really make me wonder why sony didn't just finish all of their consoles functionality and launch it this year worldwide...
I'm sorry but it's way more than that. It's more a virtual social world.

Home looks cool, as long as its easy/quick to find your friends and get a chat going and stuff. So can you use achievements to buy stuff for home?

But little big world....WOW! Looks awesome reminds me of Mario meets Incredible Machine. I guess it has online support considering the home video mentions that. I wonder if its coop only or has team adversarial! Physics races could be very fun! Now that is the first game that makes me want a PS3.

looks like sony never wants you to get up off the couch.

if they let me make money in a virtual job then i'm so there.

fat lazy templaerdude cometh!

Tieno

Oh yeah, and that game looks awesome! Stuff like HOME is what sells me on consoles, I really digg this!

edit: lol @ post above.

Cosmozone

Hey, where are the cute animals! >:-(

Edit: Oh, saw some in the trailer. :)
Looks very neat overall. The online community will love it, I'm sure.

avcables

Banned
Sony pulled a big u-turn, that's for sure. Home does looks awesome, but I'm hoping it's not just a big promise that's going to fail to deliver in the end.

And Little Big Planet looks awesome.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Little Big Planet looks pretty fun, a 2.5D physics-based platformer? Looks like it could be a great game, we certainly need more titles like this! Home does resemble a PSO lobby, but I still have to d/l that trailer.

Amir0x

Banned
Dante said:
FREE OF CHARGE

Well, mostly. They still slipped in the little 'and you can purchase more items from the PlayStation store for that little extra bit of personality.' They will make you pay $.99 for a sombrero, believe that :p

HOME reminds me of what i imagined the virtual internet will be like in 50 years, if those avatars were real people

Kuran

Banned
I loved how this sounded in theory, but looking at it... its just so ugly. I'd prefer a simple 2D avatar and a proper buddy list feature... thx!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
LBP is nothing like I expected based on the brief blurb about creating your own game, but it looks infectiously charming all the same. Very nice bg music too.

JB1981

A "matchmaking system infinitely more interesting than what's offered by our competitors."

I guess this is how devs are going to support PS3 online matchmaking in the future. A very cool solution, imo. Very nice.

Top Bottom