• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront: The Revolution 4 player co-op hands-on impressions. New trailer.

KKRT00

Hmm, if its anything like Warhammer End Times Verminitide in difficulty and they focus on loot a lot, it could be really great coop game.

"Unable to Wow" my ass.

This looks pretty damned good graphically.

HFTR-CO-OP-ALL-MEDIA-05.jpg

HFTR-CO-OP-ALL-MEDIA-06.jpg

Yeah, sure. I mean look how good the draw distance is....

For a game from former Free Radical, I do hope more of their personality shows and it's not just "NORK" that comes through. Cause as the Eurogamer staff says, this is pretty po-faced and not really distinguishing itself in tone from many other FPSs. Homefront was so po-faced that things like jumping into a mass grave were made unintentionally hilarious.

EYEL1NER

I liked the MP from Homefront (yes, I do know that this doesn't have online MP). I got into playing it before I left the country for work in 2012 and upon getting here started playing the campaign. I ended up liking the story mode, despite it being a cheesy Red Dawn ripoff. Neither the SP nor the MP did anything TOO crazy, but I was still thoroughly entertained. So I will pick this up shortly after launch, I imagine.

lukiluk

Got Homefront: The Revolution Closed Beta key for xbox one.
Someone interested?

Stress Test and Closed Beta info:

Stress Test
Friday, January 29
7 PM to 10 PM GMT (January 29)
2 AM to 5 AM GMT (January 30)

full Closed Beta weekend, running from February 11 up to and including February 14.

First quote get it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Waaaaay back when it was first seen it was going to have full campaign coop. Now it's just specific missions?

No thanks.

Someone interested?

Stress Test
Friday, January 29

full Closed Beta weekend, running from February 11 up to and including February 14.

First quote get it.

... nah

Someone interested?

Stress Test
Friday, January 29

First quote get it.

I would try it

Falk

that puzzling face
"Unable to Wow" my ass.

This looks pretty damned good graphically.

HFTR-CO-OP-ALL-MEDIA-05.jpg

To be fair, footage linked in OP looks very washed out. Could be what people are judging on. (I know I did)

I really wanted to like Homefront but I think even MW2's campaign (of all things, hahaha) hammered the home-ground-warzone thing better, even if it was more hoooah and less occupation.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I suppose the game have nda because the clips i made didn't upload to the activity panel.

If this beta is the same of the next month...the game it's gonna be bombed.It's feels more like an alpha like than like a beta.Clunky controls,bad graphics(remind me to warfare in the 360)and the system of purchasing packs for the weapons,attachments etc disgusting.I suppose there is gonna be a model of microtransaction with this for the packs.

The graphics are not great, with problems of texture streaming.I have to say the game reminds me to warfare in the 360,the 2 missions of this beta are average fun.A las barricadas is a straightforward mission focuses in the action but the other mission one is really great because is a big map with freedom to approach to the objectives with a lot of enterable buildings.You can do the mission with stealth or action and there is a motorbike in the middle of the mision.That's the best mission of the beta for the possibilities. But again the game is not very great and i don't like the mechanics of collecting trash for craft items like fc3/4.Btw the system is the same like fc3/4 and the alert of enemies exactly the same.

In definitive if you have friend for play in coop could be "some" fun but the gameplay is very meh with nothing great for me because i see this in another 100 games. And for the technical part don't look like a great cryengine game with streaming textures problems and doesn't look particularity great or memorable.

Seriously a forgettable game with nothing special.

Skux

Did they disable the like/dislike count on the trailer? lol

Looks slightly better than that cringeworthy previous trailer. The voice acting is still taking this far too seriously. Those night shots look good too, don't know why they didn't use them in the trailer, which looks a lot flatter.

There's loot in Homefront: The Revolution, though you'll get it by way of packs available to buy at the end of each mission, with each one containing packs of cards that unlock special equipment. You buy them with in-game currency and, predictably, there's the option to spend real cash in order to attain unlocks that little faster. It's hardly unprecedented, and Dambuster Studios is, of course, at pains to point out it's not pay to win and is rather means for more time-strapped players.

That's exactly what pay-to-win is. Exchanging money for gameplay benefit.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Did they disable the like/dislike count on the trailer? lol

Looks slightly better than that cringeworthy previous trailer. The voice acting is still taking this far too seriously. Those night shots look good too, don't know why they didn't use them in the trailer, which looks a lot flatter.

That's exactly what pay-to-win is. Exchanging money for gameplay benefit.
Yeah, you can buy only with playing the game but is a pain in the ass and it's clearly designed for the microtransaction system.Bullshit.

Hope there's significant actual home exploration. I liked games like Battlefield Bad Company where you could fight through houses and blow holes out of the wall. Then there's the Last of Us where you could find cool little items around abandoned homes.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Hope there's significant actual home exploration. I liked games like Battlefield Bad Company where you could fight through houses and blow holes out of the wall. Then there's the Last of Us where you could find cool little items around abandoned homes.

Well i one of the two coop maps there are some home exploration with explorable buildings.

The next friday is the next session for another 3 hours.

Top Bottom