• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 6 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Season 6 of Homeland premieres Sunday, January 15 at 9/8c on Showtime. The season will consist of 12 episodes. The show has been renewed for seasons 7 and 8, with 8 being planned as the last.

After she thwarted a terrorist attack in Berlin, season six picks up several months later and finds Carrie Mathison living in Brooklyn, New York. She has begun working at a foundation whose efforts are to provide aid to Muslims living in the U.S. Season six will tackle the after effects of the U.S. presidential election, with the entire season taking place between election day and the inauguration. It’s a strange, transitional time in the halls of government filled with anxiety and different competing interests, where a very fragile and complex transfer of power takes place between the outgoing president and the incoming president-elect.

Official Trailer
The Cast Talks About the New Season

The premiere is available to watch right now for Showtime subscribers.

Let's get things rolling. Also more of:

d5e3c239d12fe2203fda957eafab3fe6.gif

NYR

Hyped! I know the first episode has been online for a few weeks but I didn't like the prospect of watching it and then having to wait weeks to watch ep 2.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I already watched Episode 1, so I guess I'm in again. Thanks for the thread, Ratsky.

Does this show ever get better after Season 3? I bailed when they once again return to Brody. I just couldn't handle how piss poor the story had gotten.

reKon

Banned
I didn't even know this shit was 6 seasons in. I was a big 24 fan. Should I bother with this? It would have to be significantly better of a show

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Quinn storyline is a bizarre mess - I'm sure they'll find some clumsy way to eventually incorporate it into the main plot, but I really feel like they should have just killed him off at the end of last season. Homeland has always had a huge problem with letting characters go though, so I can't say I'm surprised he's still around.

I found the rest to be pretty compelling, however.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Season premiere tonight!

Fair Game

Season 6 begins with Carrie returning home to the U.S. with Franny to work as an advocate for Muslim Americans. Meanwhile, Dar and Saul brief President-elect Keane; and Quinn struggles with his new circumstances.

RJT

Does this show ever get better after Season 3? I bailed when they once again return to Brody. I just couldn't handle how piss poor the story had gotten.

It gets a lot better. Seasons 4 & 5 are better than Season 2 and much better than the shitshow that was season 3.

I just watched S5 on Blu Ray this week, I wish I could watch S6 with you guys but I don't want to pay for Showtime up here in Canada lol

I hope Carrie and Saul don't fight too much this season.........and maybe Quinn isn't dead? Maybe?

Sloane

Banned
It gets a lot better. Seasons 4 & 5 are better than Season 2 and much better than the shitshow that was season 3.
Yeah. It's not even remotely as good as season one was, but overall it's pretty watchable. 5 was the second best season the show has done despite its lackluster finale.

Alpende

It's the only show I watch with my parents so I'll give it a go. Hopefully they seriously turned down Carrie's crying during the show. That became so annoying.

pislit

No show forces me to suspend my disbelief more than Homeland. But Carrie's transformation from a right-wing nut to a social and political activist supreme is so much fun.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I like the new direction they're going in with Quinn tbh, has a lot of potential to explore the effect on Soldiers after a war, etc

Wonder where they'll go from here

yea season 1 was good, then towards the end the subplot with Brody was stupid.

I wikid it and read the episode synopsis for S2 and S3 and saw that he was featured..NOPE

I've skipped right to season 4. This is really good so far. Going to binge to 6.

Sloane

Banned
That Quinn storyline, bloody hell, just kill the character off. But even if they had skipped his scenes, oopf, those were a long 50 minutes...

Persona7

Banned
I watched the first episode weeks ago on showtime on demand. Why do they do this. If I knew I would have to wait weeks for the second episode I would have watched it later.

The President's female too which immediately dates the show.
It's funny tho. It's like an alrernate reality House of Cards bc that actor ran for President in the show so it's strange seeing her as one now. Also, yea the writers are prolly upset that they got the election wrong

shanafan

Good episode to start the season. Sometimes, the show throws a lot of plot details in the premiere and it had me needing to read an episode summary to understand what I just watched.

This one was smooth however. Good plots this season, and looking forward to what's coming ahead.

Side note, awesome seeing Robert Knepper on Homeland! Of course, after Prison Break, I will always see him as a villain.

Still my favorite scene ever of Homeland from season 4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNtOKTAA5OE.

Sloane

Banned
Good episode to start the season. Sometimes, the show throws a lot of plot details in the premiere and it had me needing to read an episode summary to understand what I just watched.

This one was smooth however. Good plots this season, and looking forward to what's coming ahead.
Maybe I missed something but after watching the first episode, I have no idea what this season will actually be about. Carrie defending that kid? Dar and T-Bag scheming to keep their funding by plotting their own attack or something? What's the threat? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for letting things pan out slowly if it makes sense but this felt like a whole bunch of nothing.

royalan

Maybe I missed something but after watching the first episode, I have no idea what this season will actually be about. Carrie defending that kid? Dar and T-Bag scheming to keep their funding by plotting their own attack or something? What's the threat? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for letting things pan out slowly if it makes sense but this felt like a whole bunch of nothing.

You rarely learn what the main conflict of the season is going to be in the first episode of Homeland. Usually you get introduced to the plot device that serves as the catalyst for the main conflict by episode 3 or 4. Season 5 it was the hacked CIA documents, season 4 the drone strike on the wedding, etc.

You rarely learn what the main conflict of the season is going to be in the first episode of Homeland. Usually you get introduced to the plot device that serves as the catalyst for the main conflict by episode 3 or 4. Season 5 it was the hacked CIA documents, season 4 the drone strike on the wedding, etc.

Yeah, I think the only time the premiere episode tipped the season's main storyline would have been Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom