• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 6 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
haha I'm stupid -- of course he is dead. What I meant is, they never cleared his name right? The last thing I remember is the general guy trying to say the safe house was an ISIS test bed

did the solicitor general even survive? IIRC he was MIA when the booby trap went off
He died too he was in the garage

Saty

The interrogation was a show for Okeefe. Dar saw the laptop with Quinn on it, Okeefe has no idea Dar has any relationship with him. Dar knows he's going off on his own and might possibly be in cahoots with the hitman guy who also disobeyed his direct orders. It's an alt-right uprising and Dar is trying to stop the monster he created.

You're right. Haven't thought about it that way.

--

Finale was lame.

Disliked Keane's change of tune. It felt like they were trying to vindicate Dar's actions instead of vilifying him. Putting asterisks on his responsibility. 'Losing control' my ass. Caring for Quinn? Sure. Then why didn't he rat out on O'Keeffe being part of this whole thing? Why isn't he also behind bars?

Losing control to whom? Again we are left with zero answers and many blank fields. How did it escalate from fabricated online outrage to 'let's detonate a bomb in NY' to 'let's murder Keane' and pretty much every one of the 16 conspirators is ok with it?

The Quinn thing makes no sense. So the conspirators broke him out because if they're going to fake his online presence, he needs to be out (so no one can question how this registered inmate posted all this stuff?). But then they complain Quinn is snooping too much and order to kill him - which were they successful they would have no one to pin the assassination on? Was it a last minute change that because he got out alive they are now going to frame him? But why break him free in the first place? Was it Dar acting alone on this one?

They do shit all to explain anything and who's responsible to what and all the dynamics of that. They just expect us to take whatever they throw without raising an eyebrow.

And unless i missed something, they also didn't answer who was it that sent Carrie the recording of that FBI agent. We assumed it's her friend who buckled but he denied that when they met afterward.

Not sure why it's this instance of Quinn speeding through the cops everybody are hanging up on. He can't know which agents are part of the plot. I also wasn't sure when the General was giving orders from his command van, if they were being addressed only to those 2 Delta guys or to others as well.

If Keane was sitting straight then it would have been just as easy to say that Quinn has kidnapped the PE and they need to take him out. What i don't understand is why in shows and movies like that, they never think to shoot the tires and bring the vehicle to a halt.

Anyhow, better season than 5..
--

I don't want to hear and see Dar again. Put him away and be done with this character. Send Saul to the pasture and be done with him. Out with the old.

pislit

imo he intelligence community deserved all of those, including, and most especially Saul. if i am an american i would be truly be terrified with how the intelligence community behaves as depicted in the show.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Well, had plotholes and shit, but if this was S1, i'd be much happier.
This was amazingly done as a warning tale - Start out thinking she's Clinton, ends up being Erdogan.

Am I going crazy or was Saul not in one of the cars that was blown up?

Yeah, was thinking the same thing.

Social

I think this was the season that made me go "huh? Teh fuck happened now" more so than any season before it. Still had fun watching it but what a mess, oh boy. They introduced so many plotlines that ended up going nowhere involving characters that either died or were not heard of anymore later on in the season. I guess they really had to salvage the season and failed pretty badly.

Saty

https://my.mixtape.moe/uwtjbk.webm

-------

saulincar37sgg.png

Future

Didn't understand why Keene bothered offering Carrie any position if she was just gonna shit her out

Don't understand who this rogue leader was that went against Dar

Don't understand how anyone was expecting Quinn to be there to take any fall for any assisination attempt

Don't understand how Saul survived the car bomb. I don't remember them showing him at all outside the wreckage

Don't understand how media dude was not implicated in anything considering he was running the central fake news base that both Dar, Carrie, and glasses dude knew about

I oddly liked the season even though I didn't understand shot half the time

I just binged the last three seasons after hearing how great the current season is.

Rupert Friend is a great fucking actor. Peter Quinn deserved more than the low-key death they gave him with little acknowledgement after. And the season deserved a better finale. Disappointed in the show at the moment.

Biff

Max is about 1/10th as interesting a character as Quinn. Ugh. I hope he doesn't become the main male sidekick next season.

Carrie is a great character but I fear the writers have shoehorned themselves into such a silly string of events where superpowers behind closed doors in dark rooms control way too much of the outcome.

I mean, I'll give S7 a chance for sure. But I'm skeptical the writers can pull themselves out of this as nicely as they did post-Brody.

I swear, like the photos above showed, Saul was killed in the bombing. There was no way he survived.

Oh my god holy shit..... It's the next chapter of Carrie's life. Hallucinating shit, lol.

Punished Carrie.

Didn't understand why Keene bothered offering Carrie any position if she was just gonna shit her out

Don't understand who this rogue leader was that went against Dar

Don't understand how anyone was expecting Quinn to be there to take any fall for any assisination attempt

Don't understand how Saul survived the car bomb. I don't remember them showing him at all outside the wreckage

Don't understand how media dude was not implicated in anything considering he was running the central fake news base that both Dar, Carrie, and glasses dude knew about

I oddly liked the season even though I didn't understand shot half the time
This 100% This
It was a better season but homeland just can't stick the landing EVER why is the final always so bad............

Natiko

Banned
Finally caught up. I really enjoyed the season despite the plot holes. I think the biggest one for me is why did the agent working for the commander try to kill Quinn if their entire plan was based around framing Quinn for the murder of the president? Really doesn't make any sense at all lol Still, that was a great build up and payoff. Excited for next season.

darkwing

Finally caught up. I really enjoyed the season despite the plot holes. I think the biggest one for me is why did the agent working for the commander try to kill Quinn if their entire plan was based around framing Quinn for the murder of the president? Really doesn't make any sense at all lol Still, that was a great build up and payoff. Excited for next season.

dead men tell no tales? except for the fake web site

Natiko

Banned
dead men tell no tales? except for the fake web site
But how exactly did they plan to prove he did it when he would've been dead and they had no body to show for it? I mean the guy didn't even attempt to recover Peter's body from the water. What if he had died there and his body had been recovered at a later time after they pinned it on him? There's just a lot of ways their approach didn't add up in the end.

darkwing

But how exactly did they plan to prove he did it when he would've been dead and they had no body to show for it? I mean the guy didn't even attempt to recover Peter's body from the water. What if he had died there and his body had been recovered at a later time after they pinned it on him? There's just a lot of ways their approach didn't add up in the end.

the bombs would have lead to Peter, and him being dead, would be a dead end in the investigation

Arttemis

I just binged the last three seasons after hearing how great the current season is.

Rupert Friend is a great fucking actor. Peter Quinn deserved more than the low-key death they gave him with little acknowledgement after. And the season deserved a better finale. Disappointed in the show at the moment.
Max says "they're treating him like a fucking war hero, can you believe that bullshit?" when stumbles into Carrie's home. Not low key!

Natiko

Banned
the bombs would have lead to Peter, and him being dead, would be a dead end in the investigation
And in that situation who set off the bombs? It just seems like for something that they wanted to keep a tight lid on it could've led to some awkward questions if his body had been found. I mean the bombs wouldn't have led to where he died. It's not like they staged anything for that circumstance. It's just a pretty loose setup for something they wouldn't want there to be any chance of getting out. Like I said, I think it was a great season but it wasn't without plot issues.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example

I've seen a few people ask/say this. The job was never real. Keene only said it so that Carrie would let her guard down. She knew that Carrie would need to arrange to have her daughter moved and that all of her attention would be on that. It was a ploy.

darkwing

And in that situation who set off the bombs? It just seems like for something that they wanted to keep a tight lid on it could've led to some awkward questions if his body had been found. I mean the bombs wouldn't have led to where he died. It's not like they staged anything for that circumstance. It's just a pretty loose setup for something they wouldn't want there to be any chance of getting out. Like I said, I think it was a great season but it wasn't without plot issues.

point me to a TV show without plot issues to me lol, it's more like Peter was framed as a leader of a radical website/group/followers, just have to roll with it

Chumley

Banned
Max says "they're treating him like a fucking war hero, can you believe that bullshit?" when stumbles into Carrie's home. Not low key!

We didn't see that. Carrie didn't even say a single word, she just cried. Contrast that to Brodie who got an entire 30 minute denouement, someone who all told spent less time in the series than Quinn (3 seasons vs 5 seasons).

By the way, Rupert Friend himself is also kind of annoyed at not getting any kind of star on the wall scene.

Natiko

Banned
point me to a TV show without plot issues to me lol, it's more like Peter was framed as a leader of a radical website/group/followers, just have to roll with it
Again, I really enjoyed this season. I'm not trashing it. Just saying there were a few moments that didn't line up as well as they could've. I still think these last three seasons have been far better than the first three. I can greatly enjoy something while still observing its faults.

We didn't see that. Carrie didn't even say a single word, she just cried. Contrast that to Brodie who got an entire 30 minute denouement, someone who all told spent less time in the series than Quinn (3 seasons vs 5 seasons).

After Brody died, there was a denouement, but it wasn't really about Brody. It jumped ahead in time, Saul was talking about Iran, Carrie talking about the baby, then at the end she drew the star. Really those two episodes are structured the same.

Hesemonni

Banned
Few thoughts:

The whole assassination attempts and that delta force bit fell really flat.

After what madame president is poised to become USA will never get a woman president.

I don't know what it is about Jake Weber's face, but everytime I see it I want to punch him.

They really cleared the slate when it comes to cast. I was half expecting Max to commit surprise suicide at Carrie's apartment when they showed the pill containers and Max being totally wasted.

And Quinn deserved better :/

darkwing

Again, I really enjoyed this season. I'm not trashing it. Just saying there were a few moments that didn't line up as well as they could've. I still think these last three seasons have been far better than the first three. I can greatly enjoy something while still observing its faults.

true, despite the plot holes, it's been an enjoyable season

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Homeland Season 7 Setting Revealed

Homeland is staying put in the U.S. in Season 7, but production will relocate from the Big Apple to Central Virginia.

Meanwhile, in addition to series stars Claire Danes and Mandy Patinkin, Elizabeth Marvel’s President Elizabeth Keane is expected back, as is Linus Roache, who last season guest-starred as POTUS’ right-hand man. It’s unclear if F. Murray Abraham will be returning given Dar’s incarceration.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Homeland Adds Morgan Spector, Mackenzie Astin to Season 7 Cast

First up is Morgan Spector (Boardwalk Empire, Person of Interest), who will be a series regular in Season 7 as Dante Allen, an old friend of Carrie’s who is looking into the hundreds of people President Keane has detained following last season’s assassination attempt.

In addition, Mackenzie Astin will recur as a guest star next season, playing Carrie’s brother-in-law Bill, who leaves a university teaching job to work for President Keane’s administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom